[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just ordered one of these. Did I fuck up /k/? I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: eberlestock-g4-operator.jpg (21KB, 293x500px) Image search: [Google]
eberlestock-g4-operator.jpg
21KB, 293x500px
Just ordered one of these. Did I fuck up /k/?

I've been wanting one of these for a while but i'm now discovering all of these complaints about how people don't like the bulk of the weight being carried so far away from their body etc.

Does anyone carry a G4 Operator as their bag? I'm considering getting the gossamer frame to go along with it.

I've seen that people either love it or hate it.
>>
>>
>>34715562
I've got an Eberlestock McMillan, which is similar.

I like mine, only complaint is the bag itself is pretty heavy.
>>
>>34715562
Id imagine if you have a rifle in there the balance will be fine. Without a rifle and the pack being full I could see how the balance would be totally off.
>>
>>34715944
Balance is fine, but the bag tends to sway a bit with the scabbard empty.
>>
>>34716062
Seeing as the scabbard would very rarely be empty I think it looks like a pretty sweet pack OP.
>>
>>34715562
I have the skycrane II with a scabbard. I haven't used the scabbard that much but I've liked mine quite a bit. It's basically maximum comfort at the cost of a little extra weight.
>>
>>34716174
>>34715911
It totally isn't an ultralight pack and I'm ok with that. I feel like after spending some quality time with this pack I'm going to definitely put on some muscle or some stress fractures.

>>34716062
>>34715944
Yeah I tend to agree, and also the pack can be cinched down if the rifle is out.

>>34716174
That's a big boye, do you ever fill it all the way up?
>>
What do you guys use these for?
everyday backpacking?
or some kind of tac-ops training?
>>
File: rifle bags.jpg (297KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
rifle bags.jpg
297KB, 1008x756px
I've got these cheap shits rifle bags. they have built-in shoulder straps for carrying like a backpack.
i only use them for transporting rifles to the range and back.
they hold up pretty good for that i guess.
>>
>>34716342
backpacking and hunting and camping. people also use them as bug out bags. There are a few different philosophies but basically this bag is made to pack out somewhere in the boonies and shoot stuff. It's used by the Spanish and German sniper programs in a tactical setting but it's also used by normies like me as a range bag, bug out bag, get home bag, backpacking bag, and non obvious way to carry my rifle. I'm going to be carrying an AKMS with this bag, and folded it will fit with the profile of the bag.

>>34715911
I like these alot actually, they are good for the price imo

>>34716062
>>34716174
>>34716390

I'm considering buying an AG2 Internal Gossamer frame, can anyone with an Eberlestock bag comment on these?
>>
>>34716342
it's inconvenient to carry a rifle while backpacking not in a warzone. I don't want to sling my rifle all the time in the woods and i don't want it open for all to see. This is a way to conceal my rifle when i'm on the trail but I have access to it if I want to switch to it.

The bag is also made in such a way that when you lay it down on it's back you can access all of the pockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQynqiMKEbw
>>
>>34715562
Originally I was concerned that I should have gotten the F4M Terminator instead because of the removable weapons scabbard because of a misconception I had about how to attach the weapons carrier. The weapons carrier just slides into a slot on the Terminator and I thought the whole back zipped off and attached to the scabbard, like you could add it in as a module. That's not the case and in my current opinion this is the best bag for my purposes.

I did not fuck up at all, and i'm excited to go innawoods
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.