[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will war with north korea really be more devastating than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 1488500997321.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488500997321.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
Will war with north korea really be more devastating than the second world war?
>>
Honestly, few things are more devastating than a Glock 17 for just $310.49
>>
>>34704343
/thread
>>
File: images(2).jpg (9KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
9KB, 299x168px
>>34704343
>>
>>34704326
No. They can't even feed their people. They logisticslly lost before a war even started.
>>
>>34704326
For them.
>>
>>34704326
I thought we've been at war since the 50s? Let's wrap this shit up, I'm bored.
>>
File: 3846.jpg (282KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
3846.jpg
282KB, 686x385px
>>34705351
>wrap this shit up

We've been scrimmaging for the past few decades. It's time to get things started. Let's use these springboards we've occupied and actually do something good for the world, i.e. conquer it.
>>
>>34704326
Hell no. Much as China and other neighbors may talk a big game they're not going to go to war with the US and friends for the norks. The norks and their largely 1950s-60s tech would get blown to bits.
>>
There won't be war with North Korea unless the US initiates it.
>>
>>34704326
That cop's face just says "i've made some bad decisions that led to this moment and I have some regrets"
>>
>>34704326
>Will war with north korea really be more devastating than the second world war?

Because it will probably be nuclear.
>>
>>34705457
>norks use one shitty bomb
>US responds with so many cruise missiles KJU gets quadruple penetrated by tomahawks
>>
>>34705496
The US doesn't have a No-First-Strike policy.
>>
>>34705454
Or
>I'm in the middle of tearing this guy's ear off
*looks at next one like he's merely an obstacle that needs to be overcome*
>next
>>
>>34705409
This. The Norks would get btfo and it would all be over in less than 6 months. The real question is: what material goods would we gain from kicking their asses?
>>
>>34707561
We can get all their nukes.
>>
>>34707583
Lets be perfectly honest here, the nork bombs are probably complete trash compared to pretty much anything the US has and would just be disassembled.
>>
>>34705409
at most china will probably land grab while us invades and establish a new buffer zone. NK doesn't really have friends its more like people who are in it for the most they can get out of NK.
>>
>>34705454
>I knew I should've worked at Babushka's bakery. Beating up fags and hippies was fun at first, but after a while it just gets tiring and I never see anybody smile all day
>>
>>34704326
Honestly, really stop and think about what it would take to start a real, all-out war. Do you think NK would ever launch one, maybe two nukes they have at the US? Given the size of our arsenal? What would it gain them? Even if them doing so was the start of them launching an invasion of SK, you don't think the combined forces of SK, USA, fuck Japan would prolly get involved, prolly UN at some point, could stop them and push them back? Them having nukes lets them get away with just a little more bullshit than they could otherwise get away with, but even if they had one reliable ICBM for every one we had, do you really think they'd try to launch them at us? What would their ambition be, to then get whatever forces they had left after our counter attack to invade the goddamn USA from across the goddamn Pacific?

It's dickwaving and nothing more. They know full well they'd lose any war they started, but they rely on their knowledge that that war would be very costly to anyone to their invaders. The real thing we should fear is not a decisive, government ordered strike, but a psychopathic (or possibly genius) NK officer in command to somehow get one to launch in hopes that the ensuing war will lead to the freedom of the NK people
Shitposting aside, what would happen if from now on we just started shooting down every missile test they launch?
>>
>>34707561
A unified Korea so we can keep up the facade that we care about that kind of stuff.
>>
>>34705454

That's the face you make when you learn that jetfuel can't melt steel beams, that 911 was an inside job.
>>
File: jet_fuel.png (32KB, 314x544px) Image search: [Google]
jet_fuel.png
32KB, 314x544px
>>34708206
>>
File: life is meaningless.jpg (80KB, 445x720px) Image search: [Google]
life is meaningless.jpg
80KB, 445x720px
>>34705454
>>
>>34704326

For North Korea.
>>
>>34708316

I know that, also the fact that a very large plane smashed into it, partially fucked up the structure. Remember, this is a North Korean dart box image board, we have to go with troll and retarded reasons, instead of going with the most probable.
>>
>>34708125

This. While I was in Korea, we got a briefing about what a conflict would look like. Projection at the time (2009):

>Norks invade Seoul with a massive artillery and infantry push, overwhelming land forces and forcing a retreat with few casualties.

>US, Koreans push back, retaking Seoul within 72 hours.

>China does some chink shit in the north.

>US/K gets to the 38th, finds the new Chinese border.
>>
>>34708579
Even that's better than having a jackass upstart threatening war every couple days.
>>
>>34708181
>Do you think NK would ever launch one, maybe two
they have at least 30
>>
>>34705409
The norks have enough post 1950's tech to worry about.

also, The Han Chinese consider eastern China to be their version of Kansas in the Wizard of OZ. a place so traditionally Chinese, it serves as a stand in for the whole idea of China, everywhere, ever.

They cannot tolerate the idea of an American puppet state on the border of Real China. Which is why they prop up the tubby dictators to their east.

If we had turned Burma into a capitalist paradise instead of South Korea, they would have had no problem opening direct relations with that country. In their mind, the western (irrelevant, muslim) half of their country only consists of a buffer zone to protect Real China from invasion. Since the buffer zone is comfortably in place, they wouldn't give two shits what was on that border.
>>
>>34707561
>over by Christmas
I've heard that before.
>what matermaterial goods do we get.
not jack shit.

>>34708089
yup.

>>34708125
China will do more than just land grab, although the buffer zone is their primary concern.
>>
>>34708181
>Do you think NK would ever launch one, maybe two nukes they have at the US? Given the size of our arsenal?

Nukes as a deterrent don't mean anything if you aren't willing to use them.
It wouldn't be good for a majority of North Korean citizens, but if the government thought it was boned anyway the possibility of them launching them as a farewell fuck you to the world is a very real possibility.
>>
>>34709455
>that guy pointing a musket at me is nothing to worry about, i have an AR which is obviously better and will win every time
t. you
>>
>>34704326
>war with north korea

hahahahha get the fuck out CNN
>>
>>34709517
yet, they don't have muskets in best korea.
>>
>>34709517
Except you're well beyond the musket's range and he's well in yours.
>>
>>34709517
for the record, I'm the guy here >>34709415
talking about how the norks and Chinese need to be taken seriously.

>>34709455
and in this post where I said
>over by christmas
I was mocking the idea that the war would last only six months.

>>34709517
are you seriously that fucking retarded that you cannot understand the context of a post, nor follow a discussion chain?
>>
>>34704326
of course not. The Korean war in the 50s wasn't as devastating as WWII, no reason its continuation should be.

We have means to do things much more accurately and effectively than we did in the 50s, especially with regards to air power.
>>
See: Desert Storm air campaign, except this time with an entire air force of stealth fighters. First their ballistic missile sites, then their communications and RADAR sites, then their SAMs, then their air force (lol) and any other air defenses. Then all of their weapons manufacturing facilities, and all of their artillery pieces. Secure the border with China and Russia, destroy food production as best as possible, assassinate top brass with air strikes / SOF soldiers, broadcast propaganda to the people. Either the whole country dies of starvation (problem solved) or they submit and are annexed by the ROK (which would be a huge disaster but would be eventually brought under control)
>>
>>34708574
> plane hitting towards the top of a building caused the whole building to disintegrate at a free fall straight down
>>
>>34709836
Maybe not as much as WWII, but almost as deadly as Vietnam, and even that was considered a deadly war.
>>
>>34707561
>over in 6 female rage phases
If we are Tactically McNuking them and kilking everything, maybe.
The Norks are so brainwashed into dying for their cause, they're practically like muslim insurgents. I think that once the army dissolves, you will have a bad case of Insurgency 2: Korean Boogaloo
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>34708181
>a psychopathic (or possibly genius) NK officer in command to somehow get one to launch in hopes that the ensuing war will lead to the freedom of the NK people
We can only hope
>>
Worst case scenario is that the world keeps letting NK build up, and then NK invades and successfully takes control of SK without the US actually intervening because of internal politics.
>>
>>34710952
>letting NK build up

They've been doing that for the last 5 decades.

Today, they have a total GDP about the size of SK's defense budget, which is barely 2,4% of SK's GDP.

If it looks like shit might hit the fan soon, SK would only have to bump that to 5% through loans and its armed forces would suddenly get an additionnal 27 billions $USD per year to blow on equipment.
If it doesn't last too long, this would be done without much harm to SK's economy.
Every year of such spending would also be enough to cancel about a decade of NK's buildup.

>Then NK invades and successfully takes control of SK

The threat doesn't come from the invasion itself but from the hours-long artillery barrage all over the border.

SK are confident they can push back the Norks if they step in.
Some are even cocky enough to think they could just kick in NK and conquer it quickly before mopping up.

But nobody wants that, as both scenario would result in trillions $USD of property damage in a matter of hours.

If the norks invade, they'll be pushed back... but SK's economy will be in free fall and not going back for a decade.
>>
>>34709490
>but if the government thought it was boned anyway
They aren't though :

The Kims are rich as fuck and could emigrate to Pakistan, Iran, Venezuela or China without problem.

The high-ranking dudes probably have some sort of security basket hidden away, even if it's only a handful of gold coins.

Most officers could defect to SK and get a low-rank post in the military where, while they would lose a lot of prestige, they would still get a higher standard of living than they ever had.

Really, the "fuck you, it's over anyway" scenario doesn't hold, since most stakeholders in NK could resettle in a comfy position abroad if needed.
>>
>>34709699
>1,000 yard range of a muzzle loading rifle with a .54 caliber Minnie ball
>600 yard range of a .223 caliber swmiautomaitoc
>>
>>34704326
No it will be just like each time we went into Iraq. We'll blow up a few hundred shitskins and then entire companies will surrender in hopes of getting access to American showers and three meals a day.
>>
>>34711264
Said "musket" not "rifle" brovalone.
>>
I forget what the exact stats are, but the Norks can put something like one artillery shell on every square foot of Seoul in under 3 hours. The civilian and property damage in the first 2.5 hours of the war would be immense. 9.86 million people live in Seoul, and a sustained barrage of Nork artillery fire could easily kill a substantial part of that population, and deal a devistatong first strike. North Korea couldn't win the war, but their artillery alone could cause the worst humanitarian crisis since WWII. The South Korean command apparatus would probably be moved to some secret underground base farther south. In the bizarre event that they don't have that, they'd probably go to Busan, or some such city.
>>
>>34708579
Our target folders while I was in SK gave me instructions on what bridges/buildings/roads to destroy to slow the advance.
>>
Nobody wants NK to fall. China wants it as buffer between SK and them, SK doesnt want it because the merger would kill their economy, as well as being flooded by a wave of famished untrained laborers that are completely fucked in the head. USA doesnt want it because they lose a reason to keep their arsenal close to china. NK doesnt want it because they know they get blown the fuck out immediately and get torn apart between SK/USA and china. They just want to fuck cute brainwashed girls and live a life of luxury.
>>
>>34714730
This is why they wont fall, not from NK wants, but because of everyone else's. They stand no chance against the US in an actual war, no country does, however they could decimate SK and a lot of the US soldiers already there. I was there in 92' and 00' and some of our papers told us how long each building/area was expected to last in a full invasion. My task at the time was to take a "cheese wheel" explosive and destroy a particular road in case "xyz" happened.

A different mission we also had would be to take any civilian vehicles for soldier's family use in case of attack. All military vehicles were to be used for combat only. I picked up some leaflets one time that we weren't supposed to mess with, I will try to dig them out in a bit. Maybe someone could translate them, since I never bothered to have it done over there
>>
>>34709455
Raw materials, north korea has large deposits of raw materials. Other than that, skeleton qts
>>
>>34715916
>Other than that, skeleton qts
Im pretty sure they keep the concubines wellfed and sexy. Only advantage of skeleton qts is that they never menstruate
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.