[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you cats work in the aviation community? I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: FighterJet-header.jpg (351KB, 940x476px) Image search: [Google]
FighterJet-header.jpg
351KB, 940x476px
Any of you cats work in the aviation community?

I'm trying to apply to Navy OCS for a pilot/NFO commission right now. Turns out I'll require two waivers before continuing. Anyone been in that situation before?
>>
>>34704055

i'm guessing they already have gazillions of candidates that don't need waivers ?
>>
>>34704055
Medical waivers? For what? If you don't want to be specific, just generally what for? There's certain stuff that NAMI is way for risk averse to.
>>
>>34705864

I was seen for anxiety when I was enlisted and had PRK done too. The latter is easy enough to get waiver for, but the former concerns me a bit.

I've seen people get waivers for that kind of stuff before, but I don't know what the circumstances were for them
>>
>>34705864
>>34706280

Are you going from enlisted to OCS? If you are out, have your DD-214 and are holding your record just throw your medical shit in the trash. Don't tell them a damn thing. You don't have to volunteer shit.
>>
>>34706314
What if he has a mental breakdown due to his anxiety and Uncle Sam looks into his records, sees he lied, and gives him the big green cock?
>>
>>34704055
Yea man, about a month ago also gunning for SNA. What are the waivers for?
>>
>>34706366
*Just read the thread
>anxiety
How bad was it?
>PRK
Very commonly waiverable from hearsay
>>
>>34706402

The anxiety was really driven by a lack of sleep, overcaffeination, and not enough off-time (all of which were self-imposed).

PRK won't be a problem, honestly.
>>
>>34706314

Yes, though I've already done my five years as enlisted. I got out to finish school (because TA in the Navy is bullshit and is intentionally downplayed to retard the educational growth of its sailors).

I've already told my officer recruiters about the anxiety and PRK stuff, but neither of them are medical gurus, so really I don't know what else they'll need from me.
>>
>>34708534
It will be a MEPS question. Bring nothing but what is required to MEPS with you. They will say you have to bring your medical records. You don't.
>>
>>34708566

lol joke's on them, even though I was a Corpsman when I was enlisted, I didn't keep shit from my medical record with the exception of what shots I've already gotten
>>
>>34708581
If you've got immunization records that's fine... Even if you don't they give you a pretty minimal dose at MEPS/OCS. It's not full up like they do at Great Lakes.

I don't know what of your medical record the Navy will still have but you would know as well as anyone that you can bet on them to lose that shit.
>>
>>34708598

All I know is that when a person goes from "E" to "O", especially with a break in service, the previous medical record doesn't mean shit.

With any luck, I'll be a-okay
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.