[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo- way/2017/07/28/540008218

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: nkicbm.jpg (185KB, 900x620px) Image search: [Google]
nkicbm.jpg
185KB, 900x620px
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/28/540008218/north-korea-h-ballistic-missile-seoul-and-the-pentagon-say

If North Korea nukes a Japanese city, how would Japan respond?
>>
Round up all their reptiles, amphibians, insects, and put them at ground zero. At least one of them has gotta turn into some skyscraper-sized monster.
>>
"Fucks sake. Not again"
>>
>>34700875
dunno, we got anime the first time. I'm kinda interested to see what we get the second time.
>>
File: 1501013581805.jpg (141KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1501013581805.jpg
141KB, 850x850px
>>34702044
super anime
>>
>>34700875

The more important thing to look at is how China would respond. Abe already almost has Article 9 repeal in his hands. The Norks are just making it easier for him.

China absolutely does not want a warring Japan, they get PTSD just thinking about it. Basically if Japan flips, they become the tentpole regional power. SK will flip to become just as militaristic, the Norks will be destroyed and the countries either too scared or too weak on their own in the SCS can suddenly break out and send feelers for alliance with Japan. This weakens China even more, penning them in. Meanwhile Japan knows that if China or Norks do something that America will literally push everyone's shit into the dirt for fucking up the balance.
>>
War when?
>>
>>34702083
>south korea, america, and japan vs china, russia and north korea
YES
>>
File: 1473954188688.jpg (102KB, 480x907px) Image search: [Google]
1473954188688.jpg
102KB, 480x907px
>>
>>34702181
You forgot the Philippines, Malaysia, and especially Vietnam. India would also be likely to start flinging poo as they are currently in a border stand-off with China.Mongolia might also join in for old-times sake.
>>
As this is a hypothetical nork happening thread, what would happen if, say, a fraction of the nork military pulls a coup to remove Kim and starts a civil war?
>>
>>34702203
gay
>>
>>34702320
The world is spared a lot of trouble somewhere down the line, either trouble in the form of North Korea or in the form of the consequences of our response (or lack thereof) to North Korea.
>>
>>34700875

Inevitably, Americans would somehow die in which case the situation would be treated as a Gulf of Tonkin type incident. Kim wouldn't last more than twelve hours.
>>
>>34702203
does this not give america claim to iraq clay now
>>
>>34700875
all this is cos of america I can just imagine american weapons contracters rubbing there hands as the japanese will now have to spend money on defence shit rather then on development

I really don't know how people sleep at night

some times i wish www3 really did happen so it would all be over once and for all
>>
>>34702044
Anime become real.
>>
>>34702083

You're right but China's views on the DPRK are much more shorter term: if a war were to break out it would be an immense clusterfuck that would likely lead to millions of nork refugees attempting to escape into China, creating a humanitarian crisis. Likewise after Kim is pushed out, China is left with a significantly larger RoK AND American airbases right on their border. It's not a good situation for them.

Problem is, Beijing is split between bankers (who want Kim out and the country used as a dump zone for surplus Chinese goods eg concrete and steel) and militarists (who want to arm him with better weapons) who cannot agree on a broad policy. As a result, they've let the situation gradually deteriorate into it's present situation, where one pissant move by Kim will result in bombing by a particularly aggressive American President.

As for Japan, they are more or less already "there" in terms of military power since Abe realized building airplanes and ships is an easy way to keep people employed. Article 9 is largely a formality at this point, it being gone just means Japan gets an excuse to spend more money on defense.
>>
File: b1b.jpg (1MB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
b1b.jpg
1MB, 2048x1363px
I read about 2 B1b's flying over the shitty part of Korea on friday, in response to the BM test, does this have any real diplomatic/political meaning or is it just media hype(considering the amount of US-troops in the region anyway)
>>
>>34700875
How long until the US preemptive strike the NK?

a few F-16 strikes on key positions.

Hows the NK IADS looking these days?
>>
>>34702472
Not a great idea. Our regional allies would be far less happy and onboard if we're the aggressors and China would go BALISTIC. Russia might too and it could trigger civil war in Korea...or them just attempting a land invasion of South Korea where in we likely nuke Korea off the face of the planet.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
>>34702371
>tens of millions of starving Norks rampaging through China, possibly destabilising the country to the point of civil war
>>
>>34702044
5 year powergap without anime

then nothing but /ak/
>>
>>34702203
I have a huge patriot boner right now.
>>
>>34702600
war time /ak/ is pretty shit though
>>
>>34702514

Not enough for civil war, but enough to create lots of chaos.

Also, I had forgotten to add: it's very likely Chinese pharmaceutical companies are using North Korean prisoners as test subjects for their drugs and products. When this is found out, it'll likely create a diplomatic spat and get all their products banned in the west.
>>
>>34702472
>Hows the NK IADS looking these days?
they got domestic built S-300 and shit

China will probably give them some HQ-16 for testing too
>>
>>34702690
>Not enough for civil war, but enough to create lots of chaos.
Chinese authorities are already pretty tapped out dealing with civil disturbances. On any given day there can be hundreds of protests across China, although you don't really hear about them because censorshit.
>>
>>34702371
>millions of nork refugees attempting to escape into China, creating a humanitarian crisis.
Ahahahaha I want this. I want this immensely. How do you shriek "fuck off, we're full" in chink?
>>
>>34702454
They basically conducted a mock strike on a mock ICBM site using a live penetrator. In full view of the Norks; ie. "We can still strike first".
>>
>>34700875

>how would Japan respond?
With Chinese support.
>>
File: B1B Lancer F3 Japan Jul 2017.jpg (617KB, 1430x890px) Image search: [Google]
B1B Lancer F3 Japan Jul 2017.jpg
617KB, 1430x890px
>>34702454
It a typical U.S. tactic following Best Korea shenanigans. A show of force to BK and a reassurance to South Korea and Japan.

If Best Korea nuked a Japanese city, the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan heavily implies a swift and severe U.S. response, likely nuclear.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.