[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Safety procedures that should be done away with? Example: doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9

File: 1499957811724.jpg (271KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1499957811724.jpg
271KB, 800x1199px
Safety procedures that should be done away with? Example: doing safety checks for Youtube.
>>
>>34694984
Knowing what's behind your target is often impossible. Rules should NEVER be impossible to follow.
>>
>>34694984
Fucking clearing bucket. Dumbest shit ever. Inb4 asshats who actually use it and try justifying having a fucking bucket of sand in their closet.
>>
>>34695002
Clearing bucket makes sense you fucking moron. Do you want someone to die? Jesus fuck...
>>
>>34694984
Waiting a few seconds after a "MISFIRE" I've never experienced a "MISFIRE" but I have experienced "HANGFIRES" Also...waiting 30 seconds in between "HANGFIRES" is pointless.
>>
>>34694984
People do safety checks on youtube because the range masters of the interbutts will shit spam them into oblivion. Most people doing gun shit on youtube are trying to establish some authority or street cred or what the fuck ever, so I understand why they do it. Is it dumb? Yeah. Anyone "professional" enough to be making videos should be trusted to at least have basic safety and handling practices nailed down. I don't disagree with you, I think it's unnecessary too. At very least, it's keeping us from seeing some very funny NDs.

>>34694997
If you can't determine where your bullet is going and what lies beyond the target, then maybe those little yellow plastic BBs are more your thing.

>>34695002
Yeah. Can't argue this.
>>
No smoking on the line, fuck that, some one have open powder or some shit, or is the cherry on my Newport gonna cook off a round?
>>
>>34695062
THIS. If anything, smoking weed makes me more cautious.
>>
>>34695075
Yeah, forget those pesky laws, those are stupid.
>>
>>34695075
>implying stoner rights.

go sit on a ten foot bong and die, hippie.
>>
>>34695002
I always thought cleaning barrels were the dumbest thing, I thought it contradicted trigger control.

Also why is not charging the weapon 3 times a thing to ensure its unloaded?
Heres why, tho I know observing and checking the chamber is pretty much fool proof (But if its dark and your extremely rushed like in military training). Charging the weapon 3 times ensures if you forget a step the weapon ejects a round noting the was a failure in the process.
>>
>>34695122
Yeah, just keep running the action, that your extractor didn't break. The do everyone a huge favor, stick the barrel to your face and pull the trigger, you fucking moron.
>>
>>34695174
>Yeah, just keep running the action, that your extractor didn't break.
Good example of a pointless safety procedure. When the fuck is your extractor going to break? Use your fucking head, anon.
>>
>>34695185
It's a part, it can break. Or are you of the thought that parts don't break. Chester is lonely, hang yourself you fucking moron
>>
>>34695002
No joke, I always thought clearing bucket was another term for female soldier. No idea why, it just made sense to me.
>>
File: kek~02.jpg (16KB, 255x224px) Image search: [Google]
kek~02.jpg
16KB, 255x224px
>>34694984
all of them
I have violated every "rule" of gun "safety" and nothing bad has ever happened
I've pointed loaded guns at my friend's but it's not like the gun was gonna go off
these "rules" are just made up fudd bullshit to make new gun owners scared of owning guns so the only people who own them are the old fucks
don't listen to any of there bullshit because I fucking don't
>>
>>34695695
please point a loaded gun at your face and pull the trigger
>>
>>34695048
30 seconds? No no, it's supposed to be 5 minutes. The experts said you're supposed to just leave the gun there and go have a smoke waiting for the hangfire to go off.
>>
>>34695716
no that's dumb u do it cause your an idiot and would
>>
>>34695002
I know why it's useful in a military context but the fact that anyone else bothers with this but for literally anyone else yea it's really dumb.
>>
>>34695025
Found the buttmad Yankee Marshall
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 200x250px
>>34695090
FACT: Medal of Honor recipient Peter Lemon was high on cannabis when he single handedly repelled 2 waves of NVA at fire base Illingsworth on the Ho Chi Minh trail. When his machine gun and rifle jammed and he ran out of grenades he engaged the enemy in hand to hand combat and won. He then acquired a second MG and fired till he passed out from his wounds and when he awoke he refused medical treatment on the grounds there were more severely wounded men than him.
>>
This is probably the 5th troll thread today. Are we getting raided by retards?
>>
>>34694997
>Know what's behind your target before you fire
>Don't know what's behind your target
>Don't fire

I fail to see how that's difficult to follow. Short of an urgent defensive scenario, you should always plan your shot so you're firing into an earth backstop. If you're hunting, or recreationally shooting, there's no reason not to have a clear shot of your target, with a view of what's behind it.

If you don't plan out your shot while hunting, you're reckless. If you don't while plinking you're lazy, and reckless. Either case you can't be trusted with firearms.
>>
I don't mind safety checks on YouTube since it's good to drill it into people's heads. But commenters bitching about the youtuber pointing the gun barrel at the (unmanned) camera is fucking stupid.

>>34695075
it cures cancer and aids too!
>>
>>34695062
>Newports
How do you expect me to believe you're a hasgunz if youre on EBT?
>>
File: 1500810191081.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500810191081.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Canadian here. Checking the bore for obstructions. Unless I'm sticking my gun into the dirt barrel first I've never understood this shit. I always thought the first rule of gun safety was not to point that shit at people, yet here we are fucking looking down the barrel every time we pick the gun up. I'll check it before I leave but that's all.
>>
File: deliverance.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
deliverance.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>34695695

I think calling for a range to go cold is obsolete, nobody is firing down your lane anyway if you aren't behind the line. Think about it.
>>
>>34696916
This. It is relatively safe, especially if you are crawling.
>>
>>34695025
Dude, you can just rack the slide and visually inspect the chamber. It's that easy. You can do this with any modern gun. Clearing a gun by shooting it is what a nigger would do
>>
File: 1494449890367s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494449890367s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>34696946
>Clearing a gun by shooting it is what a nigger would do
HA. Don't make me laugh you fucking peasant. You're not supposed to shoot into the bucket, it's there just in case! The projectile has a safe place to go you fucking LIBTARD.
>>
>>34696865
can't you check the barrel by opening the action?
>>
File: 1500951029647.jpg (31KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1500951029647.jpg
31KB, 622x626px
>>34697486
>>
>>34697523
You wouldn't know bait if it was standing right in front of you.
>>
File: 1498534696323.jpg (40KB, 405x650px) Image search: [Google]
1498534696323.jpg
40KB, 405x650px
>>34697572
>>
>>34696179
>Implying everyone on here isn't already retarded
>>
>>34696043
Do you think cannabis caused his heroism? or did he kick ass despite his cannabis use? or did his adrenaline sober him up to where his cannabis use was irrelevant?

And do you think he should have been dishonorably discharged for being a doper? Or should he have been viewed as a martyr for future cannabis users? Or was his cannabis use irrelevant?
>>
>>34698358
The point is that cannabis use does not diminish the capacity to properly use firearms.
>>
>>34700101
>one instance is proof
Alvin york killed 25 guys and took 35 machine gun nests, that doesn't mean that we should reduce the size of a platoon to one man.
>>
>>34695669
Full of sand and contains discharges? Sounds about right.
>>
>>34694984
>doing safety checks for Youtube.
I always thought they do it as reminder for viewers to do the same.
>>
>>34695120
I smoke and I am adamantly 2A and there is nothing you can do to change that. Stay. Bitter.
>>
I will never, ever do a safety check for YouTube. The only safety checks I plan on doing for my videos is going "let's safety check it," magdumping offscreen, then saying okay it's clear now.
>>
You dumb fucks are going to do the world a favour when you accidentally shoot yourselves.
>>
>>34703198
Lemme guess, you ND all the time so you're a safety nazi now.
>Everyone else has to be super cautious because I'm an irresponsible fucking idiot that ruins things for everyone else.
>>
>>34695002
>fucking bucket of sand
Mandatory when living in an Apartment building you Sperg.
>>
>>34703511
Apartment? You don't live in America unless you are on a 10 acres.
>>
>>34696865
Scared to watch that webm. I have a feeling he cuts his hand off.
>>
>>34703547
I live in the city, Sniff. I got assholes above me and beside me.
>>
>>34694984
I don't care about rules I just don't do anything stupid
also everyone is really mad
>>
>>34703595
Then ditch the bucket, anon.
>>
>>34703627
Kek
>>
>>34703595
BTW, my names not Sniff.
>>
>>34703639
>BTW, my names not Sniff.
Faggot, is that better?
>>
>>34703666
>Faggot, is that better?
No, it's actually not. My name is Snifff- 3 f's, not 2.
>>
>>34697983
"implying implying"
>>
>>34694984
There's nothing wrong with taking 2 seconds to show clear on video.

If nothing else it sets a good example for kids that watch gun videos. Tons of 13 year old noguns play COD and end up secretly watching gun videos on youtube because their family is antigun. With nobody irl to teach them gun safety, them knowing what to do when they find a gun is a good thing.

Not to mention it's the single most effective way to avoid having an ND on camera, and you should always check your gun before fingerfucking it anyway. Anybody who says otherwise is a tryhard edgy faggot I want nowhere near me on the range.

>>34696865
I hope he's got chainmail gloves on under those rubber gloves, fuck that shit.
>>
>>34703694
My apologies, I stand corrected, Mr Snifff
>>
>>34703760
Weak b8, m8. The only safety /k/ needs is a properly placed index finger.
>>
>>34703810
>"but I thought it was unloaded!" he muttered as the darkness closed in on him forever as he bled out on the floor.

Do you not dry fire practice or something, faggot?
>>
>>34703827
>but I thought it was unloaded!" he muttered as the darkness closed in on him forever as he bled out on the floor.
Weak ass prose, m8. You're a terrible writer. And of course I dry fire practice. Who doesn't?
>>
>>34703864
kike
>>
>>34703887
did you mean kike as in lampshade? or did you mean to write kek.
>>
>>34701818
> one instance
> implying the whole army didn't smoke weed all the time.
When you draft a bunch of 18 year olds and force them to fight and potentially die for nothing in a foreign land and there is cannabis growing literally everywhere around them naturally than you better believe people are gonna smoke and try to forget about the war for a minute. There were countless firefights won by American soldiers while stoned this just happened to be one of the more dramatic incidents.
>>
>>34703999
maybe it's best not to use a war we lost as a good example for soldiers smoking weed. Try using a war we won as an example. Oh wait...
>>
>>34694984
>Example: doing safety checks for Youtube.
It's only annoying when it is completely over the top
>drop the mag
>rack it six times
>shove their pinky in as far as it will go
>show the camera the empty chamber
>finger the thing again
>proudly declare "the firearm is clear!"
Just clear, verify, and go about your show damn it. Anyone who gives a fuck about the internet range officers in the comments is a twat.

>>34695062
My range claim they treat the field with flammable chemicals. Gasoline? I don't know. And claim someone set the grass on fire in the past. Keeps me from having to move my shit upwind of some whiskey tango cloud blower, whether said trash is smoking or vaping.
What's funny is they have two wood stoves closer to the firing line than anyone is allowed to smoke anyway.
>>
>>34695185
This is literally how Ian had his only ND though.
Shit happens, the rules are here to make sure nobody gets hurt when it does.
>>
>>34696946
A clearing bucket is for guns where you have to pull the trigger before/during disassembly
>>
>>34704240
The fuck it is...
>>
>>34704323
just fuck off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MATmY4dRcys
>>
>>34704399
you're being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, anon. Open your mind.
>>
>>34704399
this guy sounds like a fucking asshole.
>>
>>34705445
He sounds like a libtard
>>
>>34694984
>Safety procedures that should be done away with? Example: doing safety checks for Youtube.
It's called "leading by example", mate.
>>
>>34707753
How in God's name did anyone survive with guns around before Youtube safety checks?
>>
>>34704240

The only time I used a clearing bucket was when I was pulling watch in the Navy. And even then it was only because they realize that enlisted are 75% idiots and women who don't know how guns work and can't be bothered to remember basic. When we saw them on land (on a dirt floor, no less), we laughed at the fucking marines that had them. What's gonna happen? Are you going to sink the base?
>>
>>34704399
Is it weird that i unironically like the idea of having a clearing bucket laying around for:

>glock style disassembly

>any weird gun designs that are ND prone when it comes to administrative handling

>general dry firing

>chambering rounds/clearing rounds just in case my finger slips to some comical degree or the gun shit's the bed mechanically and slamfires
While it's obviously no replacement for checking your chamber it seems like a habit that could hardly hurt.
>>
>>34695002
I unironically agree. There is always a safe patch of dirt to point at when clearing.

>>34695025
ricochets aren't dangerous if the angle is greater than 45 degrees.
>>
>>34695719
Don't do that shit unless it is a cannon or firework. Just extract the round immediately. Idiot.

If you have stoppage, you just clear it and keep trucking.
>>
>>34707828
>ricochets aren't dangerous if the angle is greater than 45 degrees.

Not generally LETHAL. Still plenty dangerous. Some surfaces, steel decks in particular, make for some fine copper shrapnel going everywhere.
>>
>>34696321
>don't fire
>get killed by target
Ok
>>
>>34707850
You're exaggerating the dangers, anon. Just relax.
>>
>>34707879

Not really. Just acknowledging them. I'm with you on clearing buckets being unnecessary, but the 45 degree fuddlore is demonstrably wrong.
>>
>>34695122
The reason the military pulls the trigger on clearing barrels is so the nearby SGT is sure the weapons are actually cleared and let the private's battle buddy be the one to observe the chamber is actually empty. Because fucking Joe is going to fuck it up and disturb some sand.

I've stood by the clearing barrel before and told idiots to fucking stop what they're doing to prevent probably a hundred NDs. I don't know why drop the magazine first is so difficult. Or, you know, looking.
>>
>>34695695
Most of the rules are military rules that fudds take to the extreme. Military tries to idiot-proof and make it easy for the supervisor to verify correct vs incorrect.
>>
>>34707875
Yes, those paper targets can be lethal you dumbfuck.
>>
>>34698358
>cannabis use was irrelevant?
mostly likely answer.

Fast Fact: The majority of Medal of Honor winners are eldest sons.
>>
>>34707826
>>34704399
>>34704240
I don't understand the purpose and I have a Glock. You eject the mag. You clear the chamber. You put the rounds off to the side away from your cleaning area.

Why the bucket? You've just confirmed the gun is completely clear. Pull the trigger and open it up.

Am I missing something?
>>
>>34704063
I do the pinky check when its fucking dark and you can't see shit.
>>
>>34707924
You know what I meant idiot. Of course you should know what's beyond your paper target.
>>
>>34707972
Try reading the rest of his post and not just the greentext you retard.
>>
>>34694984
I'll analyse the four rules and compare them to what I do.
>all guns are always loaded
Good rule. I'd tweak it to say "a gun is loaded until it is cleared." Even then you shouldn't ever point it at people, but the fudd shit about never pulling the trigger is stupid. I don't get enough range time and I need to dry fire to practice so fuck that part of the rule.
>never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
Completely agree on this one, if I need to look down the barrel I will disassemble my gun or I'll look through the open action on guns that allow it
>keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target
Fuck that, if the gun is safe and you're not pointing it at a penetrable wall or living being then you should be able to do whatever the hell you want with it.
>be sure of your target and what is beyond it
Yeah, obviously in self defense scenarios you can't calculate if there's people standing behind the bad guy quick enough but for target practice and shit never shoot at a target without checking what's behind it
>>
>>34704399
He's correct that you could use a clearing bucket for working on your weapon indoors. But in general you shouldn't be doing anything indoors that would need a clearing bucket.

Manual decocker on a loaded pistol is the only good example for when you'd want a clearing bucket. Beyond that, completely unnecessary.

Military uses clearing buckets so leadership knows that morons have successfully cleared.
>>
>>34708012
No
>>
>>34707850
dude, a rifle round won't break the skin if greater than 45 degrees on most surfaces. Fine copper shrapnel isn't dangerous to anything but eyeballs.

A thrown rock can be dangerous and that's what a ricochet is closest to.
>>
>>34708030
>Fuck that, if the gun is safe and you're not pointing it at a penetrable wall or living being then you should be able to do whatever the hell you want with it.
Congratulations, you've figured out the fact that each rule helps if you fuck up on one of the others. Now stop being retarded.
>>
>>34707939
Majority of astronauts were also eldest sons.
>>
>>34708361
Majority of bankers are also Jews.
>>
>>34707965
>I have a Glock. You eject the mag. You clear the chamber

Technically the extractor or something could fail which is why it is good to actually look at/mash a finger into the chamber, but honestly people who ND glocks while taking them down are morons and have no one to blame but themselves for rushing through or being inattentive when handling a goddamn loaded firearm.

>Am I missing something?
>>34708034
>Military uses clearing buckets so leadership knows that morons have successfully cleared

This is the reason cleaning buckets exist and other than the military, maybe at a gunsmith, or shooting range on which new shooters are expected to be trained there isn't a reason for a clearing bucket.
You aren't missing anything except underestimating how hard other people will find a way to fuck up.
>>
>>34704240

nothing is stopping you from emptying your fucking gun before this
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.