[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate the finger grooves on my gen 3, and there's someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
I hate the finger grooves on my gen 3, and there's someone offering a stipple job like pic related for $75. What is /k/'s opinion on stippling your Glock?
>>
File: 75dollarsstippling.jpg (375KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
75dollarsstippling.jpg
375KB, 1024x768px
The guy probably also has a Tapco'd SKS he'll sell you for $800 if you ask nicely.
>>
>>34694778
If you wanna, do it. Just don't expect anyone to buy it from you. Or at least, not at stock-condition value.
>>
>>34694778
Make up your own mind. You have 3 options: do it, dont do it, do it yourself.

This board is a joke. It is full of argumentative and judgemental faggots that think they know everything. Asking a question here, especially like this question, is going to get you fucking nowhere.

But here is my opinion anyway. I would be suspect of anyone offering a stippling job for $75. The job usually costs 2x that. But if you think you trust them, then whatever. You will lose some resell value doing it, even with the best job. Also the lava rock pattern is the easiest for a first time DIYer. But the lava rock pattern takes the longest too.
>>
>>34694912
I've had this gun for years, it's not going anywhere except to my kids when I die. The guy is a regular on Calguns and has done countless stipple jobs in the past for less or for a 6 pack of good beer. He just likes doing it, he's not busy now so I figured if I should just do it since overall the gun is fine but I really hate how the fingergrooves don't line up with my fingers at all.
>>
File: 1492238204565.jpg (336KB, 2048x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1492238204565.jpg
336KB, 2048x1263px
>>34694945
>it's not going anywhere except to my kids when I die
>hate how the fingergrooves don't line up with my fingers at all

If that's the case then go for it OP.
>>
>>34694988
Geil
>>
>>34694778
Sell your Gen 3 for $475. Buy a Gen 4 for $540. Take the $65 or so loss and be content knowing that you have a Glock with better grip texture, better recoil control and better resaleability than a bubbaed Gen 3 Glock.
>>
>>34695011
This is commiefornia, a Gen 4 here cost $1000. I can move but I really don't want to.
>>
>>34694778
>>34695169
Why not just get a Gen 2?
>>
>>34695276
A Gen 2 here cost $2000.
>>
>>34694778
I think you should just spend $5 on some grip tape and peel it off when you're ready to sell it. If you really hate the grip on the Glock that much then save the $75 on buying a different pistol that actually fits you.
>>
>>34694778
Looks like it has a gross nigger beard desu
>>
File: 1489044969071.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489044969071.png
50KB, 250x250px
>>34694778
>What is /k/'s opinion on stippling your Glock?

It's a good thing, along with rounding the edges off on the trigger guard so you don't get glock knuckle. Stippling helps your grip and enhances general shootability especially stippling where your support thumb rests.

But this is /k/ so I'm just speaking crazy talk excuse me.

>NONONONONONONO STEEPLING LOOKS UGGO AS FUCK XDDD
>UR RESALE VALUE IS GONNA DROP ALL THE WAY DOOOOooOoOoOOOwn
>DID I MENTION IT LOOKS UGLY?
>WAT DO U MEAN YOU ACTUALLY SHOOT YOU'RE GUNS INSTEAD OF PLAYING WITH THEM LIKE TOYS????????????

Some people just can't shake off the fact that guns are tools and are to be used as such. Fun fact: your Glock 19 isn't a fucking Mauser C96, there's millions of them out there and they're still being made.
>>
>>34695011
Gen 3 grips are better than 4
>>
>>34694778

Aesthetically speaking, people don't treat stippling like checkering, so it looks like shit. At least engrave a border around it, and file or sand off all the burring.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.