[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I'm thinking of enlisting in the Canadian military,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1488499687316.jpg (43KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
1488499687316.jpg
43KB, 600x745px
Hey /k/ I'm thinking of enlisting in the Canadian military, I was wondering if any /mil/ fags could tell me what it's like.

I just came out of high school w/ a 3.5gpa and am planning on going to uni to become a game dev, though I was considering joining the military first.

What are the physical requirements like? I'm currently a 6,4 160lb skelly and have minor scoliosis, will this cause any trouble?

And what's the average infantryman's experience like in the military? Would you recommend it to someone? Please just tell me about your experience I'm just looking for information.

Thanks.

>Pic unrelated
>>
>Canadian military
>Canadian
>""military""
>>
>>34693466
> infantry
Youll get physically thrashed to the point of breaking, treated like a child, cold, wet, carry heavy shit for long distances, sleep, eat and fight from a shell scrape you spent all night digging, and generally get fucked around to the point that youll curse the military.

However, youll make the best mates you could ever wish to have, learn a lot, gain mental robustness and drive, accomplish physical feats you never thought you could, shoot guns, and have great banter. Id say the banter and brews is what gets you through the shit times, and getting through the shit times and laughing about them doesnt make them seem bad at all.
Go to uni first though, if you have the chance, do it, get a degree, if youre still hot on the army then go for a commission, or if you really want to experience life as a grunt, go enlisted.
>>
>>34693466

I'm an American milfag, does my opinion count?
>>
>>34693607
> get driven everywhere
> bitch constantly when you have to tab anywhere
> bitch constantly when you have to drive anywhere in anything that isnt an MRAP or uparmoured humvee
> get free shit for 'protectin urr freedums'
> welfare queenies

Tbh sounds pretty cushty
>>
>>34693734

Eh, sometimes there's a little more to it than that. I've had a good time, though.

The "Thank you for your service" shit is awkward as fugg, because the people saying it literally pay me to do the job and my job was/is one of those that doesn't produce tangible results usually.
>>
>>34693796
What MOS you in lad? Im a scaley in the bong army.
>>
>>34693833

I'm an Intel faggotron stuck with a bunch of PsyOp guys.
>>
>>34693466
Hey OP, I've been in for a year and a half now.

>What are the physical requirements like?
Hilariously easy, though I believe they're changing them for the combat trades.
That said, it will suck ass for you if you're just hitting the minimums. A guy I went to basic with has some scoliosis btw, so that should be fine; his posture is permanently top notch.

My honest advice would be to take a year or so, make a bit of extra cash and obtain some gains. It'll make your life a little better.

Also, there are a lot of cool but lesser known trades that might strike your fancy better than infantry.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.