[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/s thoughts on thew Boeing T-X? https://www.yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

What's /k/s thoughts on thew Boeing T-X?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI7IzG2oEOM
>>
Boeing and Saab were pretty quick to get it off the ground. Probably lot of work done as preliminary studies as privately funded programs on last decade or so. If performance is right and it gets selected by USAF (and later on by other branches of US military) it will have bright future ahead.
>>
File: northrop-t-38-talon.jpg (53KB, 1200x857px) Image search: [Google]
northrop-t-38-talon.jpg
53KB, 1200x857px
why tho
>>
File: 303321_T-X_1920x1200w-001_FNL.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
303321_T-X_1920x1200w-001_FNL.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>34693907

T-38's are old as hell and starting to fall apart.
>>
>>34691943
Looks good, but the Korean one (T-50) is probably going to replace the T-38, unless they don't let us build them in the states.
>>
>>34691943
It looks like I can fuck it.
>>
>>34693969

T-50 is likely heavier than Boeing T-X, that makes it more expensive to operate. Also another factor is the fact that it is Lockheed product as far as USAF is concerned, yet another major deal to Lockheed would give them effective monopoly on fast jets once Navy F/A-18 contracts for Boeing conclude. That may complicate any future fighter programs as Lockheed would be only company with recent experience in building, designing and maintaining those.

The problems for T-50 on international market are two fold. It is too good plane for trainer. For smaller air forces attack and multi role fighter variants are risk to higher performance fighter procurement.
>>
File: 4BK6OOLMQJGG5LD5J6GGDBSJJI.gif (51KB, 675x584px) Image search: [Google]
4BK6OOLMQJGG5LD5J6GGDBSJJI.gif
51KB, 675x584px
The other problem for KAI with T-50 is US export controls, that is price they pay for Lockheed assistance in designing the plane. That assistance also forced them to lower their performance goal to level where it wouldn't be serious threat to F-16 sales.
>>
File: uh-72a-lakota_010-ts600.jpg (30KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
uh-72a-lakota_010-ts600.jpg
30KB, 600x400px
Just what we need, more unproven European aircraft to replace things that don't need replacing.
>>
>>34693907
That doesn't have a user interface that'll be familiar to F-35 pilots.
>>
>>34695850
Lockheed wasn't even contacted for RFI or RFPs for the F/A-XX Program though.
>>
>>34691943
WA WE wuh wo wuh wa wuh wo wuh wahhh WUH WAHH
>>
>>34691943
I hope Boeing comes out with something new that gets a military contract.

Tired of making the same parts that we've been making since the 90s/earlier.
>>
>>34696173
>>Just what we need, more unproven European aircraft to replace things that don't need replacing.

Saab is junior partner in T-X, it is more like permanent foothold for Boeing for T-X sales in Europe once Europeans start replace their current trainers. Ones that may get fucked Boeing by this are Leonardo, BAE and KAI. Given that BAE, Northrop-Grumman and Textron are out of T-X for good that leaves Leonardo, Boeing/Saab and Lockheed/KAI competing for the deal. Leonardo currently has rather minor presence in US, so their chances of winning are marginal at the best.

Production of T-38 ended in 1972. Lifetime extensions cannot be done forever and there simply isn't room in airframe for major upgrades, add more advanced avionics, there is suddenly need for more electric power.

Same shit was going on with UH-1H/V and OH-58 when those were replaced with UH-72. Mostly old as fuck helicopters or abused as fuck helicopters used in roles where UH-60 is simply too expensive to procure and operate.

>>34696536
>Lockheed wasn't even contacted for RFI or RFPs for the F/A-XX Program though.

The thing with that program is that it still in relatively early stage, they are aiming for deliveries in 2030's. Also, Lockheed has angle on this, if F/A-XX gets delayed, it probably means more F-35C orders.
>>
>>34696621
What is so hard about just converting more bell 206's?
But yeah that is a good argument.
>>
File: CqQdrX0VIAAyUS0.jpg (82KB, 1199x466px) Image search: [Google]
CqQdrX0VIAAyUS0.jpg
82KB, 1199x466px
>>34691943
I prefered the Northrop Grumman concept. I would have prefered it even more it if it was a delta. Sadly NG cancelled it or something.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.