[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I've been hearing lots of good and some bad things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1744.jpg (64KB, 650x541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1744.jpg
64KB, 650x541px
Hey /k/, I've been hearing lots of good and some bad things about the Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 (Pic) and was wondering if any of you have had any experience with it? Thanks guys
>>
>>34690187
I bought one and within 100 rounds the trigger bar broke rendering the gun inoperable. It's been 8 weeks since Taurus got it and they still haven't fixed it. Stay away OP, the design is eventually going to fail. Maybe you will be lucky and you will get a couple thousand rounds out of yours before then but it will eventually break. If your looking for a gun that your life may depend on look elsewhere
>>
>>34690187
Save for another 1-2 months and buy something worthwhile, like a Ruger American compact, or a used Glock.

I would never buy a taurus
>>
File: IMG_1735.jpg (132KB, 634x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1735.jpg
132KB, 634x626px
>>34690214
>>34690223
Yeah Nutnfancys trigger safety broke as well, thinking about this or Ruger SR9E, my philosophy is get something cheap now just to have SOMETHING, then save up for a Glock 20 or G19.

Either way thanks for replies and input.
>>
File: 1499385872375.png (211KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1499385872375.png
211KB, 2000x1333px
I have a pt140. Its eehh.. It double feeds with steel case ammo and hates being dirty. It trys to breaks your hand with every shot (then again its a compact 40). But yeah stay away and spend a few hundred more for something quality. I bought sig p250 and haven't looked back. Ill probably trade it in a t some point.
>>
File: IMG_1745.jpg (38KB, 475x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1745.jpg
38KB, 475x350px
>>34690297
Ah, yeah as of now from what I've been hearing, mainly about trigger guard, I'll probably go for Ruger SR9e (pic) it's got 5 more rounds but main thing that bothers me is it has a mag disconnect safety. Thanks for reply and info.
>>
>>34690286
I was in the same boat, and I don't regret the Ruger American Compact.

I want to get an AR-15 next, but it'll be a good while, have other things happening.

Definitely want to get a Glock 17 (chop to 26) or a 19 (chop to 26) or just a 26 someday.
>>
>>34690286
It wasn't the trigger safety it was the trigger mechanism that engages the striker. The gun was completely useless you couldn't get it to work like nutfamcy did,
>>
seriously lad stay away from taurus
>>
>>34690344
Mag disconnect can be easily removed
>>
>>34690187
If you absolutely have to own a Taurus get a model 85 or 605 revolver.
>>
I work inna gun store. I managed to talk a dude out of buying a pt111 g2 today and to get a PPS M2 LE instead since he really didn't care about width. 120 bucks more is well worth it IMO, although he didn't have to pay 220 more up front since the additional saving is from the mail in rebate.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.