[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want a gun >not suicidal >worried that if I get drunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: dick.jpg (130KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
130KB, 640x1136px
>want a gun
>not suicidal
>worried that if I get drunk and get upset I'll just kill myself or I'll do it in my sleep somehow

does this kind of thing happen?
>>
sounds like you're suicidal
>>
>>34689755
i'm not, i genuinely do not want to die and I want to live as long as i can however I am worried I'll do something dramatic if I'm intoxicated
>>
>>34689748
Have you sat in your running car with the garage door closed and killed yourself yet? Have you slit your own throat with the kitchen knives yet? If you really think about it there is an amazing amount of ways you could kill yourself, I don't see why you are worried about this if you are not suicidal as you claim. If you really have to have instructions though here you go.

Step one: Don't shoot yourself. Not even when you are drunk or upset.
>>
>>34689763
maybe dont drink?
Honestly you sound way too fucking stupid to own a gun.
>>
>>34689748
Deal with your underlying problem. What is it that's upsetting you so much?
>>
>>34689774
I guess you're right, I just literally don't want to die and I feel like having an easy and quick way with a gun could be bad if I was intoxicated
>>
>>34689748
Have you done dramatic things with permanent consequences while drunk before? If yes, avoid; otherwise, you'll be fine.

Having a gun in your house will seem novel for the first couple months, but after that it won't even cross your mind.

You could easily grab a drill from your garage and run it through your temple into your brain but you don't think of that. The gun will be the same after a few months. Just another tools in your garage.
>>
File: 1zmbj5Z_d.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1zmbj5Z_d.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>34689748
Are you asking if people put guns to their head and pull the trigger while they are sleeping. They don't, the government pulls the trigger then plants the gun.
>>
>>34689791
Then you shouldn't own a gun dude. No sarcasm this time, if you are genuinely worried you might get so upset that you kill yourself, you are depressed and shouldn't own firearms right now.
>>
>>34689810
>Have you done dramatic things with permanent consequences while drunk before? If yes, avoid; otherwise, you'll be fine.
no i have not

thank you for giving me a good example that makes sense
>>
>>34689815
can you not make bad posts like this in my thread please

go away

>>34689819
i'm not depressed though
>>
File: akwin97apart.jpg (121KB, 580x268px) Image search: [Google]
akwin97apart.jpg
121KB, 580x268px
>>34689748
Every time I see that pic or a pic of Gabriele Giffords, I kind of want to fuck a retard but a sexy retard, not one where the eyes are too far apart and their obese.
>>
>>34689823
Unless you're at high-risk of home invasion or something, you can keep your guns locked when you're not using them, and *never* unlock them when you're drunk.

People rarely try to kill themselves when they're drunk; you're more likely to try to show off to your friend and fuck up on clearing the gun and shoot yourself by accident. I follow the rule that if I've had *anything* to drink, I don't carry or mess with my guns at all.
>>
What you're describing is an intrusive thought. Unless there's something else wrong with you, just dismiss them and move on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusive_thought
>Many people experience the type of bad or unwanted thoughts that people with more troubling intrusive thoughts have, but most people can dismiss these thoughts. For most people, intrusive thoughts are a "fleeting annoyance". Psychologist Stanley Rachman presented a questionnaire to healthy college students and found that virtually all said they had these thoughts from time to time, including thoughts of sexual violence, sexual punishment, "unnatural" sex acts, painful sexual practices, blasphemous or obscene images, thoughts of harming elderly people or someone close to them, violence against animals or towards children, and impulsive or abusive outbursts or utterances. Such bad thoughts are universal among humans, and have "almost certainly always been a part of the human condition"
>>
>>34689748
I bet she sucks dick real good
>>
>>34689852
when I was a teenager (like 15) I was at a friends house and everyone was drunk besides me and playing with a loaded shotgun and making the shells fly out and catching them

i am glad no one got hurt

>>34689853
alright thank you
>>
>>34689748
If you feel you can't trust yourself don't buy one
>>
>>34689824
>i'm not depressed though
If you say so, but if you actually think the mood might strike where you can't stop yourself from pulling the trigger on yourself I beg to differ. I'm not saying this to be a dick, you just gotta understand that the uncontrollable urge to die is not a normal feeling for most people.

If it's just a fear of the unknown however don't worry about it. It's just as easy not to shoot yourself as it sounds. Don't fuck around with guns while drunk though, just to be safe. More likely than an emotional breakdown or something is forgetting you have a round chambered and fucking up. It's happened plenty of times but is simple to avoid by exercising common sense.
>>
I only got into guns about a half decade ago and had the same concerns as you, OP.

I was drunk all the time and depressed, but Sandy Hook awoke the interest I had in our 2nd amendment and opened up the whole sweet world of firearms we have.

It turns out I wasn't suicidal, I just didn't care if I died. I'm still that way, but instead of thinking "could I do it?" I just take long bike rides on highways and paddle down rivers on a cheap inflatable kayak.

Let someone else do it, if it comes to that.
>>
>>34689893
I literally don't want to die you are misunderstanding me, I am aware that I will only be alive once and I feel like I want to be alive as long as I can

>If it's just a fear of the unknown however don't worry about it.
what do you mean by this exactly?
>>
>>34689910
>what do you mean by this exactly?
Just that it sounds like you don't have much gun experience, no offense intended there either. Owning your first gun is kind of weird for a while, hard to forget you have more or less instant lethal force in your hand takes getting used to. Once you do though you realize it isn't that big of a deal.

And if you literally don't want to die, you are good man. Your previous posts indicated that you thought you might suddenly decide you did want to die as you didn't seem to be talking about accidents.
>>
>>34689781
This. I'm all about ownership, but if you're too scared of weapons, get a knife and practice peeling potato.
>>
>>34689961
What if he eats too many potatoes and overdoses though?
>>
>>34689748

As others have told you. If you can't trust yourself, then don't own a gun. You're too stupid to control yourself. Just get a knife.
>>
>>34689977

Not our problem, all I care about is that he's not another anti-gun statistic.
>>
>>34689910
Tommy, go to bed and stop trolling /k/. you know they are too easy and the (you)s just aren't worth as much as they would be if you were trolling normal people.
>>
>>34690004
Maybe I'm dumb but I don't see how this is trolling... It's really boring trolling if it is.
>>
>>34689951
I don't have experience, I want someone to teach me but that's something for another thread

Thank you for helping me

>>34690004
no idea what you're talking about fuck off
>>
>>34689785
dis, then you can have nice things
>>
>>34689785
what problems do you think i have

i can't really think of anything that is seriously upsetting me
>>
>>34690093
Obviously, there is something. Otherwise, you wouldn't have made this thread.
>>
>>34690051
>I don't have experience, I want someone to teach me
Take a concealed carry class with live fire, it'll teach you the basics and increase your comfort level a ton. Also you then have the option of getting a carry license, but even if you don't I think it's worth the time.
>>
>>34689763
Maybe you should just give up alcohol dumbass
>>
>>34689824
>daleposting
>bad

ok get the fuck out
>>
If you're that fucking worried, stop drinking and just buy a gun. You solve two issues that way.
>>
Then stop drinking alcohol you fucking retard
>>
>>34690093
I kind of understand your feels. It sounds like general existential anxiety that you may not be aware that you have. You probably get nervous at the thought of how easy it would be to kill yourself in any number of ways. I get this same feeling when I'm standing by the edge of something high up: that all it'd take is one involuntary muscle movement, and I'm gone, then I'm suddenly terrified even if I know I'm safe.

You'll be alright.
>>
>>34690232
Idk it's more than just an involuntary muscle twitch to kill yourself with a gun. Sounds like op doesn't trust himself.

Figure out how you can be happy with yourself then you will be golden.
>>
>>34690148
>>34690197
>>34690224
i'm trying :( everyone in my family drinks
>>
>>34690232
thank you

>>34690265
>Figure out how you can be happy with yourself then you will be golden.
I wish I knew how to do that
>>
>>34690471
As the one who made you
>>
>>34690466
Don't worry anon i'm an alcoholic too

>t. 22y/o with liver damage
>>
>>34689748
Sounds more like anxiety problems. The important thing to note is you will still be the only thing behind every action you take. Either you trust yourself, or you don't.
>>
File: 1410746161010.jpg (132KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
1410746161010.jpg
132KB, 1280x852px
>>34689763
So unstable.
You ought to resolve your issues.
>>
>>34689748
keep the gun in safe and have only way to unlock by passing a breathalyzer
>>
>>34690795
what is making you reach that conclusion?
>>
File: aku 47.jpg (88KB, 596x403px) Image search: [Google]
aku 47.jpg
88KB, 596x403px
>>34690795
bad times coming my friend
>>
STOP FUCKING DRINKING
>>
>>34689824
>in my thread
Fuck you snowflake. As soon as you made your first post this became an open forum, not some private thread for your entitled ass. You are a disappointment to your entire genealogical tree. Fuck you.
>>
>>34691070
>2 hours and 24 minutes ago
you are so mad
>>
>>34690901
>I am worried I'll do something dramatic if I'm intoxicated
You probably arent worried for no reason so it indicates instability either because you have an alcohol problem as that is what you named as a possible primer or you arent being honest with yourself or at least us about being depressed. So are you gonna tell us what troubles you or what?
>>34690934
All the more the need to resolve the problems at hand.
>>
>>34689748
>or I'll do it in my sleep somehow
you might unconsciously roll around, touch yourself, bust a nut, mumble retarded bullshit or whatever, but most people for a good reason wouldn't worry about shooting themselves with a gun.

There was this one trivia story I read about some guy who got up to answer the phone and somehow shot himself thinking his bedside gun was the handset but that's about it.
>>
>>34691175
well apparently people that take sleep medicine can do shit like drive cars to the store and shit so i wouldn't say it's impossible

i don't take sleep meds though so i'm fine
>>
>>34691159
being depressed is normal for me so it's not really unusual or would cause me to act out
>>
>>34689748

Pretty sure it's kind of a "call of the void" situation, or intrusive thoughts like the other anon said. The shit that just happens when you're driving and the thought that you could just jerk your arms to the side and cause a horrible accident, or how easy it'd be to jump off a cliff, but if you're not psycho or retarded those thoughts will spook you for a bit then fuck off. I had shit like that for the first week or two I owned my first gun, I'd get a thought about how easy it'd be to kill myself or someone else with it and it'd scare the shit out of me for a few minutes before it clicked that just because it's easy doesn't mean I'm going to involuntarily shoot someone. Really OP you just have to realize you're not gonna suddenly want to do something horrible that you don't already want to do. So unless you secretly want to die already you should be fine.
>>
>>34689815
I think you're my favorite tripfag
>>
>>34689852
but drinking and shooting guns is the shit
>>
>>34689748
Just get the gun OP. Let nature do the rest.
>>
>>34689748
She seems like the kind of girl that would get really offended if you pointed out her innuendo
>>
>>34690471
It's something most people struggle with. If you want to take the first step, learn to judge yourself based purely on your actions, your intentions are meaningless. Once you can see yourself for who you truly are, there are two paths to follow, in my opinion.
>Acceptance.
The shorter route where you see yourself, your flaws, your contributions, what makes you, you. And you accept it and enjoy living as you.
>Rejecting
You see yourself for who you truly are and you are unhappy with it. You may see parts of yourself that you want to change. When you truly want to change a behaviour instead of being told to, it becomes much easier. At this point you will have clear notes goals of what you want to change. These goals will mark the path towards a life that will make you happy.

Be wary in the fact that some may chose the second path to only realize years latter that they enjoy the journey more than the destination.
>>
File: Vzs7CIq_d.jpg (16KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Vzs7CIq_d.jpg
16KB, 500x358px
>>34691468
>>
>>34689748
>experiencing thoughts of suicide
>taking it seriously
yeah, you are depressed as hell and suicidal, and a few drinks make you express how you really feel inside all the time, so you probably shouldn't be touching guns sober or not
get help
>>
>>34691257
But they do things they would do, except while blacked out. Would you shoot yourself normally?

Alcohol actually could get you to shoot yourself, DEPENDING ON HOW YOU REACT TO IT. It suppresses our ability to rationalize and control our actions and recognize consequences, so if you're the kind of dumb cunt that might say "hahahaha guys watch this shit" and then blow your brains...

THEN I RECOMMEND YOU STOP DRINKING AND BUY A GUN
>>
>>34689748
If you are that worried about it don't get one. Go rent a trash range gun or find a friend that will let you use one of his guns when going to the range. I've never once worried that when I got drunk I would get my gun and shoot myself.
>>
>>34689748

>Be me.
>Hate life.
>think about killing myself daily
>Would never use a gun to do it.
>Just so I wouldn't get thrown into a statistics that ppl would use to try to ban guns.
>>
>>34689748
>not suicidal
>worried that I'll kill myself
anon, I...
>>
>>34689853
Honestly, this post made me feel better about myself.
>>
>>34689748
If you can't drink without wanting to kill yourself maybe you should stop drinking.
>>
>>34689763
I dunno man, have you ever whipped your dick out just because you were drunk?

It depends on what you're prone to do while drunk, what's the craziest thing you've done drunk?

I get where you're coming from.
>>
>>34689909
I think you can just say 5 years.
>>
>>34689774
car and knives are tools.
Guns are weapons.

if a depressed person got a gun its impossible for them not to point it at their heads at least once.
>>
>>34689748
Once you get a gun you gain the self respect to not off yourself because you are now worthy of combat.

It's like a precious baby, it changes your life forever....

Here is a thought, Instead of drinking(degenerate) buy an ammo press and practice making rounds and go shooting.
>>
I had the same concern. Haven't shot myself yet. Go for it OP!
>>
>>34689853
I think it's called "Call of the Void". When you stand on the edge of something tall and want to jump, drive on the highway and want to ram other drivers, walk next to an elderly person and wanna punch them, go shooting with a buddy and wanna shoot him when he goes to check targets. Perfectly normal, atleast for me and my buddies.

>>34689748
I wouldn't worry about it, unless you have been known to do incredibly stupid and dangerous things while drunk. I'm not necessarily suicidal, but I play with my guns all the time while I'm shitfaced(not white girl wasted, but fall down the stairs and can't manage to crawl 10' to the bathroom with a loaded gp100, can't remember anything and my roommate told me about it drunk), 50/50 hoping I kms. I lock my guns in a safe now. While he thought it was funny, I think about it every day, I'm sure I was waving a loaded 357 around like a retard when he found me, and I feel fucking horrible about putting his life at risk.

Atleast my trigger discipline is on point I guess.
>>
>>34696462
weapons are a category of tool idiot

>buzzsaw isnt a tool it's a saw!
>>
>>34696550
>guns are tools ok i saw hickok used one to cut down a tree once
why do kids think acting stupid online is so cool?
>>
>>34696605
>tool
>a device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function
Guns do have a particular function, they are also typically held in hands.
>>
Used to have frequent thoughts of suicide. When I got into guns and finally bought one all those thoughts vanished. I have no idea why but it's kind of a comfy thought that I could just blow my brains out whenever I wanted. Maybe it was just a hole in my life that needed filling.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.