[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I don't know a lot about guns, I'll just put that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 20170728_202227.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_202227.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
So I don't know a lot about guns, I'll just put that out there. Got an ex-marine friend who has 25+ firearms. Anyway I said I'll buy one, but there is only one he would sell, this Tec-9. It's been sitting in his safe for over 10 years he says, never used it much or in 10 years since he got it.

From what I gather, they are "decent" guns as long as you use factory mags, 115 grain, no hollows. So we take it for a test drive, I put 150 through it with no jams.

The question I want to ask, is how much would you say it's worth? Looking online, I see prices from 300 to like 1000, and I can't figure out why some cost so much more.
>>
File: when the pussy fire af.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
when the pussy fire af.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>34687942
well how much is he asking for?
>>
>>34687970
$200

Only 1 32 mag though, and I hear factory mags are hard to acquire.
>>
he let you vet it, it worked and its only 200 just buy it.
>>
>>34687942
TLDR they're rare. They're terrible pistols from a functional standpoint, but they have that ghetto rep that makes them interesting history/conversational pieces

I would never buy one with the intent to use it. I would however buy one and keep it as a safe queen for up to maybe 600 in the hopes that I could sell it for more down the road. But that's only if it's an actual Intratech (I don't know either way, but their might be replicas/knockoffs on the market at this point)
>>
>>34687942
>>34688024
He sounds like a straight shooter. $200 is a good deal. Especially if he let you run a few boxes through, and it performed well. The real treasure her isn't the gun, anon, the treasure is your friend
>>
>>34688079
Yeah I'm thinking might not know what it's worth. I think this is a pre-ban version because of the strap points, but I've only heard people say that.
>>
>>34687942

it's a piece of shit

what do you want that gun for ?

are you a nig spick gang banger wanting to be cool ?

that's the only reason to buy that piece of shit

go to local gun range and take the $100 intro class before you buy something

then get a ruger sr22 pistol
>>
>>34688151
hes a good friend. i wouldnt count on it as your only hd gun. its an impractical object but at that price why not
>>
>>34688024
Jesus, yes, buy it. Why are we still here?
>>
The real question is if he can convert it..
>>
>>34688165
I bought it because it looks cool and like another already said, they are rare. Thinking of mounting on the wall or some shit. And fuck you.
>>
>>34688199
Don't worry about him, he's a noguns.
>>
>>34688165
And why the fuck would he follow that awful advice?
>>
>>34688024
$200? Go ahead and buy it. It's a weird first gun, but that's a very reasonable price for a tec-9. Just beware they're known as jam-o-matics and you shouldn't ever rely on it for your life unless you've put 500+rds through that thing without any hiccups. But for $500, that's great. You've got a good buddy who's being straight with you.
>>
>>34687942
BUY IT ANON
>>
>>34687942
Buy it, anon.
This thing is the apex of 80s-90s muscle pistols and you're getting it for about half market price
>>
I told him I'll take it. Thanks for the advice bros.
>>
>>34688024

You would get more for the upper tube and internal parts than $200. And it's in Tec-Kote (what they referred to that finish as) too.

That gun is easily worth $500 in today's market, especially if that sling is an Intratec one. Tec-Kote magazine adds extra value too.

For $200, you're stealing it from him.
>>
>>34687942
Fuck year buy it, it's worth about 400.
If he gives it to you for 200, you better buy his drinks the next couple times you go out or let him shoot your guns a shitton
>>
>>34688024
>$200
Buy that shit right now. They are novelty guns. People will often pay fairly well for one in good shape.
>>
As mentioned by others, he could sell that for 500. I'd be interested in it myself up to about 350. 200 is a no brainer.
>>
>>34688165
i like to use

reddit spacing

hur dur

i have no idea what gunz are like

i just hate them, but am jelus

get a clip of 50 cal ammo retard
>>
>>34687942
Buy it then turn it for a profit to some stupid high school kid. What's the worst that could happen lol
>>
>>34688024

Fuck yeah get it. I don't even want a Tec-9 and I'd pick it up for $200

Just say "Tec-9" like Cartman every time you pull it out.
>>
>>34687942
>people will pay $500+ for this ugly proto Kel-Tec because some edgelord kids shot their classmates with one
>oh, and some street thugs used it too because it was the hi-point of the 90s
God, at least shitty milsurp has some actual history behind it.
>>
>>34688630
I doubt the sling that he gave me with it is original, it seems very small so I put a bigger one on it with a bungee so I could actually pull it up to eye level.

>>34689150
If he kills a dude I don't know what would happen, I'm in VA (no registry), not sure if it's a good gun law state, although I've read this gun is banned in 4 liberal shitholes because of long mags and scary looking features like the shroud. Anyway, don't plan on selling it either way.
>>
>>34689207
>hurr people only want it because it was used in Columbine
The fugly neutered version was used in the Columbine shooting. People want the ones with a shroud because they look fucking cool.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.