[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it more risky to own a knife? >can't be used for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: 990784.jpg (33KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
990784.jpg
33KB, 880x660px
Is it more risky to own a knife?

>can't be used for anything other than it's purpose
>only usage in cqc means higher risk it will be used against you
>have no propensity to hurt others or get into a fight anyway

Knives are cool and all, yet I am contemplating if I should even have one, let alone carry one and risk being taken into custody due to a confused police noob (I've had to point out the law to eager police cucks plenty of times before) and other messy situations if my regular response is to cop out anyway.

Even if some have a tool such as a window smasher I don't know if I would feel comfortable carrying a weapon just because of some function that you can just as well have as a non lethal designated tool.

It seems there's a risk of regret buying these even if it's a quality product especially if you have no training in handling this weapon. Which I don't. So, tell me, should I get a nifty pocket knife and have it collect dust or feel edgy having it in my pocket?

>inb4 just go with a dragon dildo
>>
Jesus Christ I haven't seen anyone over think something so hard in a while and I'm kinda wondering how much of a mess you are in general.

It's a knife. Do you need a knife for doing the things knives are useful for? If yes buy a knife, if not then don't buy a knife ffs. Buy a leatherman or swiss army knife if you're so timid that you have to remind yourself it's a tool and not something that'll crawl out of your pocket and rob a bank.

And wtf is with people always saying this more likely to be used against you shit all the time. If a bad guy can take your knife, he can take your gun. And if it were that easy, you could just take it back in an everlasting Benny hill showdown. Luckily Jason Bourne isn't real and he isn't a mugger either
>>
>>34682781
>Do you need a knife for doing the things knives are useful for?
Cutting? Yes. But I already have knifes in my home for kitchen purposed which is the only time I ever want to use a knife.
Just in case? I can't predict whether I would need a (combat) knife "just in case". Is that enough of a reason to buy this weapon though?
>If a bad guy can take your knife, he can take your gun.
Bull shit. You'd be dead before coming close to me if I had a gun. To use a knife you MUST be close therefor it IS likely at all that you will be overpowered.

If anyone used your reasoning to buy knifes a lot more people would have been dead. Do you know how many people own katana's and bowie knifes just to have them collect dust? That's not what their purpose is, and I don't intend on attacking anyone with a knife unprovoked. I usually get out of the way of a fight and a knife won't change that. That doesn't stop the majority of people mindlessly buying knifes because they're like toys to them just because it's fun to own. This is why I'm hesitant especially because it's a weapon that I'm not trained to use let alone be successful in a situation that leaves me no choice but to use it.

So you would actually suggest I buy a fedora and a dragon dildo. Thanks anon.
>>
>>34682848
The only way you're knife gets used against you I'd if you're holding it out in front of you like a retard trying to threaten someone. If you come in stabbing fast and hard the other guy really would have to be Jason fucking Bourne to stop you. Remember that when it's time for a weapon, don't show and tell, skip right to the nitty gritty.

>T. Someone who has actually trained martial arts involving knives
>>
>>34682736
Judging by your post you don't need to carry anything that's remotely sharp or pointy for your own sake.
>>
>>34682736
>I'm contemplating if I should have one

If you don't run into daily occurrences where a pocket knife would help you out i'm legitimately convinced you are under the age of 18.

The fact that you even brought up using one to fight further verifies my assumption.
>>
File: 1497797983384.jpg (9KB, 166x185px) Image search: [Google]
1497797983384.jpg
9KB, 166x185px
>>34682736
>2017
>still not conceal carrying a 16 oz claw hammer
It's like you want to be robbed
>>
>>34682781

You bet me to my rant, this*100.

>>34682848

You're fucking stupid OP, I carry a pocket knife to work everyday just like everyone else. It's not some expensive benchmade, its a $4 but thicc POS tanto american tanto blade, about 5 years old, that's barely sharp but incredibly useful for opening boxes, prying frames/staples, cutting rope, scribing objects, and scratching off residue. Ive never considered stabbing someone with it, but if they weren't expecting it would give me an advantage; it's a metal tool for me. I work in a powerplant though, not an office, so maybe your feelings have some justification.
>>
>>34682736
Buy an Opinel No.8 (inox)

It's wood and not scary so cops don't give a shit, it's cheap, and cuts shit good. At most you lose like 10 bucks if you decide you don't actually want one.
>>
>>34684971
>Opinel No.8
Actually used to have one of these and modded it. It got stolen.

By the way this is indeed a stupid thread I will just buy pic related because who doesn't own a decent pocket knife.
>>
File: 1498941635092.jpg (130KB, 634x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1498941635092.jpg
130KB, 634x1008px
If a cop gets antsy about your pocket knife you live in a prissy backwards place. In and around where I live everyone carries a knife on their hip or in their pocket. It's a really goddamned useful tool. If you're waving it around like a fucking retard yeah it will get taken away and used against you. There's a million reasons to carry one and the only reason not to is if you're boarding a plane.
>>
>>34685091
Nervous cops on their first day exist anywhere who always think everybody is up to something. Not saying all of them are like this, but they exist.
>>
>>34682736
Are you autistic?
>>
>>34685989
yes
>>
>>34682736
Don't understand these threads,I got my first knife at 5 and have carried one ever since. A knife is a tool, yes it can be a weapon,but it's not a good one especially if you haven't actually trained to use one as such. Just get a good folder there's tons of em,and carry it you'll find many useful things to do with it that have nothing to do with fighting,and after a month you won't think of it as anything more than a very handy tool.if you want something for self defense get a gun.
>>
>>34682848
>To use a knife you MUST be close
>I usually get out of the way of a fight and a knife won't change that

see the problem here
>>
>>34682848
Holy shit. You are just the biggest, gayest, fattest, fedora tipping-est little bitch boy in the world, aren't you?
>>
>>34682736
>being OP of this thread
>calling anyone else a cuckold ever

Kill you'reself
>>
>>34682781
+1 for Benny Hill reference.
>>
>>34682736

you are a dumb twat, autistic, and probably European.

Please leave this board.
>>
>>34682736
Try to cut down on your intake of vitamin fag.

Then buy something nice and utilitarian like a delica.
>>
>>34683843
>If you don't run into daily occurrences where a pocket knife would help you out i'm legitimately convinced you are under the age of 18.
Give examples of when I would ever need a pocket knife. There fucking aren't any.
>>
>>34685091
This. In my home state you technically need a permit to carry a knife. Yet everyone carries one because it's a useful tool and hardly anyone has trouble except for dumb niggers who try to rob people with knives.
>>
>>34683807
>>34684870
>>34688287
>>34688318
>>34688342
>>34688382
>Global Rules
>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, [...]

Even without these rules your insults are uncalled for and enough reason to report on their own.
>>
File: doubt.png (489KB, 470x456px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
489KB, 470x456px
>>34684870
>barely sharp but incredibly useful for opening boxes, prying frames/staples, cutting rope
>barely sharp
>cutting rope
>>
>>34688193
Hence my initial doubt as to whether I would want to carry one
Some advice here reminded me knives aren't just a liability and a health risk and that these are in fact the least of my concern. I almost forgot I even used to carry one some years back.
I realized that simply wanting a knife gives me all the reasons to buy one. Just came here for advice and to verify whether my concern is justified.

Apparently not.
>>
>>34691825
>being this new
>being this much of a bitch
Seriously, I was initially interested in expressing my day to day uses for my pocket knife as a tool but you are just a massive faggot.

By the way, this whole thread could be considered a troll thread from your initial post. You have no concept of board culture, nor of the average demeanor of 4chan. You are a troll, get the fuck back to /b/
>>
>>34691909
You're being defensive for no reason anon. This means you're already halfway to admitting you're guilty of rule violation. It's easier to stop commenting about me or you or anyone else willing to post here, and just stay on topic and avoid expressing your opinion about who you think I am.
I don't know if you're smart enough to know that these rules apply to you. Usually a ban would take care of things though.
>>
guy must be from britain, right? not even the most californian of californians thinks this way
>>
>>34691946
Fine then. I work in commercial aerospace manufacture. I carry a pocket knife with a three inch blade every day. It is absolutely my go to tool. If I'm trying to get a washer on a fastener in a tight location, my knife is used like a pick. If I'm trying to align bushings for flight control actuators, it becomes a wedge. If I'm removing a sealed part it is both a wedge and a knife. If I'm detailing interiors, I use it to cut threads, remove excess epoxy, remove excess paint, mix small containers of inks to color match interior parts. It really is a multi tool for me and the simplicity of being able to have that in my pocket, able to be opened and used with one hand, adds more value to me than its own cost. I have never even thought about utilizing my knife as a defense weapon. I rarely end up in violent situations and I actively try to deescalate situations I find myself in. It is purely a tool for me and I use it for hours every day.
>>
File: 7df.jpg (34KB, 600x520px) Image search: [Google]
7df.jpg
34KB, 600x520px
>>34691873
>Some advice here reminded me knives aren't just a liability and a health risk
>health risk
Your posts are a health risk. I hope nobody got cancer from them
>>
>>34691947
>the world is america
>or britain, yeah britain exist right guyse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXk3PpvgRFA
>>
>>34688446
>Opening packages
>Cutting cordage
>Very light pry work
>Letter opening
>Yard work
These are just a few of the things I use my pocket knife for nearly every day. That other anon is right, you sound underage.
>>
>>34685091
>If a cop gets antsy about your pocket knife you live in a prissy backwards place.
This.
Shit goes down like this in Fargo.
>Got any weapons on you?
>Yeah, got a pocket knife.
>Alright, just don't pull it out.
>Sure thing.
>Thanks.
>You're welcome.
Done and done.
>>
>>34691825
You can't expect to be an ignorant cuck and not be called out on your shit anon.
>>
>>34682848
>Bull shit. You'd be dead before coming close to me if I had a gun.
Statistically speaking, most self defense encounters take place within 7 yards. A person wanting to hurt or kill you can close that gap pretty quickly, and that's assuming they have to close the distance and they haven't already cold-cocked you before you even drew your gun from your holster.
>>
>>34682736
The only thing you need to EDC is your autism meds.
>>
>>34682848
>Bull shit. You'd be dead before coming close to me if I had a gun.
Do you draw on everyone that gets within 21 feet of you at any time?
No?
Ok then, what have we learned today?
Not all attacks are obvious.
>>
>>34692284
>Ok then, what have we learned today?
that
>If a bad guy can take your knife, he can take your gun
is by all means bullshit since knifes don't fire lethal projectiles over safe distances?
Something like that.
>>
File: dumb.jpg (35KB, 418x305px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.jpg
35KB, 418x305px
OP is a fucking idiot, don't let your mommy find your knife if you buy one
>>
>>34692303
A guy is not going to rush you from 50 yards away.

Since most attacks occur within 7 yards, let's say the attacker is at the very end of that range and is 7 yards away.

It'll probably take a second or two to sprint that distance. Assuming you don't fumble your draw, that's enough time to get off 1 or 2, maybe 3 shots. Assuming you didn't miss, those few bullets may still not be enough to stop them and now they're in your face beating the shit out of you.

A gun is not a magic totem that is guaranteed to stop someone within x distance. Considering most attackers are going to be in fairly close range, you should have some force on force training.
>>
>>34692264
this
>>
>>34692444
So knives>guns

Gunpowder was a stupid Chinese invention anyway.
>>
>>34682736
>can't be used for anything other than it's purpose
>>
>>34692512
>when you're american so you eat take-out steak
>in your car
>>
File: trump 2.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
trump 2.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>34692851
This is what freedom looks like pablo muhammad, get used to it.
>>
>>34682736
Knives are useful as tools AND can be used for self defense. True story, a knife saved me from a pretty good beating once.

>At local bar known to have military folks
>Be playing pool with friend
>Beat a bunch of marines at pool
>When we're leaving they decide to be us
>In the parking lot.
>My friend is a pushover so i know this is a 1v3 not 2v3
>pull out knife and get ready to fight
>Marines nope the fuck out
>Nobody wants to get stabbed
>>
>>34692899
>he thinks anybody looks up to his "culture"
>he thinks this is freedom
>>
>>34682848
Anti knife get the fuck out
>>
File: 1493820234505.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
1493820234505.png
48KB, 924x560px
>>34692264
>>
>>34692931
I think the average anus of generic cattle is more intelligent than you are.
>>
>>34691825
>uncalled for catchphrases

Hey hey hey, that's most decidedly un-DYNO-MITE of you op. Before I exit stage left, may I see what's inside your pic-a-nic basket?

>I'm not touching an Elmer Fudd quote and shame on anyone who does
>>
>>34692444
There's an episode of cops where a naked black man on pcp breaks a fence, doesn't drop from 3 simultaneous tazers, and the cops literally had to shoot him twice.

And he was still standing in cuffs when the ambulance arrived.

Moral of the story is fuck knives and guns, EDC that PCP
>>
File: knife.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
knife.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>34682736
>>
>>34692922
That's why Asians all dress like niggers and love basketball and you'll be hard pressed to find a country that doesn't serve coke or pepsi

>Inb4 only art and literature is culture
Well music is an art and rap is an american creation.

Be a bitch all you want but America has culture and everyone loves it. Remember it when you see a Mcdonalds on your way to work in the dildo factory
>>
unlimited ammo
>>
>>34693539
i would be amused if i weren't as disgusted
modern free market is a european invention
you turned it into an abomination
you really think you have anything to be proud of while the majority of the world hates you
>>
>>34693584
Go back to /pol/ with your "everyone hates america" diatribe.

I've been around the world. Nobody hates America or Americans. Nobody except little bitches like you, but then again you would never say shit to a lard assed american if you saw one cause you wouldn't be on 4chan.

>an american website by the way

But hey man, it's alright to think about us all the time. Followers always wonder what the leader is doing.

>I do hope you have enough iq points to get pissed at the 3 things I'm implying
>>
>>34693624
now it's just funny.
you probably hate yourself you just don't want to realize it.
>>
>>34693647
Whatever you say /pol/lock. Make sure to check the exit on the left for reddit and the door on the right for /hm/
>>
>>34682736
best turn it in into the knife bin
>>
>>34682736
It's good as a threat against niggers who want to rob you. Most muggers are too poor and addicted to drugs to own a gun and they only rob easy targets. If you show them your knife most of the time they'll run away.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.