[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im a 23 year old male who got attacked by a man wielding a rake.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: w-1649.jpg (12KB, 300x533px) Image search: [Google]
w-1649.jpg
12KB, 300x533px
Im a 23 year old male who got attacked by a man wielding a rake. When he lifted up the rake to hit me i throw 2 punches and tackled him to the ground and hit him a few more times. Now its possible that im facing charges for using too much force, because im 6'8 and muscular and the man is smaller than me. What if this would have happened in USA? Could i countinue living free of the possibility of jail?
>>
No, you would have both gone to jail for misdemeanor battery most likely. He might've started it but you're a whopping 6'8" and had no reason to fear for your life from a big scary rake so self defense is hard to argue. Even if you didn't get convicted you'd probably spend a few days to a month or so in jail plus fees and fines.
>>
>>34682100
If you're in Canada, the wording of the law is "as much force as necessary" and that you "could reasonably be in fear for your safety". You were attacked with a weapon of opportunity and you defended yourself. Unless there's something else you haven't told us, then you're solid.
>>
>>34682127
So i should just let him hit mr on the head with a rake a couple times? No

>>34682130
Same rules apply here too and thats why i could be charged because im bigger and stronger and younger, even tho it was self defense
>>
File: Baton strike area1.jpg (60KB, 600x572px) Image search: [Google]
Baton strike area1.jpg
60KB, 600x572px
>>34682134
Human bodies are fucking fragile.
Any of the red areas on the attached chart can easily be fatal of struck.
>>
>>34682137
if* struck
>>
By holding a rake he was signifying that he was a good man looking for work and he was turning his life around, he did not do anything wrong.

Also the rake is a symbol of the people, it just signifies that you are a fascist and is against the people. So it is only natural for the average people to punch you.

You are going to jail.
>>
>>34682145
Im in EE so its not like that here
>>
>>34682100
In the US, you likely wouldn't even face charges. A 5 foot long rake handle is absolutely lethal if you were to be struck in the head or neck, more so if it was an iron rake with sharpened teeth. If you are faced with a threat that is potentially lethal and you fear for your life, you have the right to defend your life with lethal force.
>>
>>34682192
Im sure i would be going to jail here if i would have used lethal force
>>
>>34682100
Well first off what kind of rake was it? Was it a flimsy thin leaf rake or was one with much thicker teeth?
>>
>>34682137
how is groin not red
>>
File: IMG_3741.jpg (297KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3741.jpg
297KB, 1280x853px
If the rake looked like this you did the right thing
>>
File: IMG_3742.jpg (20KB, 355x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3742.jpg
20KB, 355x266px
>>34682474
If it looked like this you may have over reacted
>>
>>34682134
>So i should just let him hit mr on the head with a rake a couple times? No
Legally, yes. It looks a LOT better in court if you get hit first, beating the shit out of him for just raising it is not a good case even if it's morally acceptable depending on your system of ethics. George Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten away with it if he hadn't gotten beat to shit beforehand. It pays to suck it up and take a solid hit to an arm or something so you have something to show the judge to justify your actions. Doesn't help that you're a veritable giant and had an obvious physical advantage.
>>
>>34682474
>>34682478
kek
>>
>>34682468
Nut shots are only LIKE death.
>>
>>34682100
>Day of the Rake
The shitposting finally sent one man over the edge I see
>>
Three things to consider.

Firstly, a long stick has been considered a lethal weapon before man tamed fire. Even a modest blow to the head can kill. Any successful defense is gonna play on this.

Secondly, some bad news. Most countries and most states have a duty to retreat, meaning that if you can reasonably escape confrontation by just walking away you should. Were you cornered? Are you injured and can't run? Do you have a child with you? Is there any reason you could not have just run away?

Thirdly, was the amount of force justified? Was it some old Korean lady or a roided out turbomanlet? Did you attempt to disarm them at which point they tried to bite or continue to fight you?
>>
File: Rake Fucker.jpg (218KB, 1012x673px) Image search: [Google]
Rake Fucker.jpg
218KB, 1012x673px
>>34682100
Yo man, I think I saw your fight. (I mean how many dudes who are 6'8" get attacked by manlets with rakes every day?). You're the big dude right?

That little rake fucker got what was coming to him. He was being such a bitch, it's not surprising that he's pressing charges. I mean maybe you did go a bit overboard, but I probably would have done the same thing. Only faggots and women throw punches without expecting to get punched back.
>>
File: 1500431200963.jpg (55KB, 632x699px) Image search: [Google]
1500431200963.jpg
55KB, 632x699px
>>34682137
>getting punched in the asshole can be fatal
>>
>>34682569
You thought the Kancho was just a joke, right?
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (7KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
7KB, 300x276px
>>34682474
>>34682478
1st one

>>34682541
I wasnt alone, the whole confrontation started because he threathened a relative of mine who was there with me

>>34682562
Mountain must be bigger than 203 cm

>>34682541
It was a man in his 40s with criminal history, his jaw and nose are broken, i did not attempted to disarm i just threw 2 punches when he lifted up the rake then pushed him to the ground, threw like 3 more punches at his face then told one of the people who were with me to call the police

Pic related the type of rake
>>
The rake shouldn't have hurt you, as you're a big guy.
>>
>>34682100
>tacled him to the ground and hit him a few more times. Now its possible that im facing charges for using too much force

not without a reason, huh
>>
>>34683404
You are fine. Remember the magic words.

"I feared for my life."
>>
>>34682127
>no reason to fear for your life from a big scary rake so self defense is hard to argue
big
spiked
metal
club
no
reason
to
fear
>>
>>34682100
>6'8 lanklet
the world/genepool is better off with out you anyway
>>
>>34683653
Sorry manlet cant hear ya down there
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.