[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 5 guns All from my grandfather I want to clean them, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 20170727_223902.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_223902.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
I have 5 guns
All from my grandfather
I want to clean them, but don't know how. Can't ask my father, parents divorced. He was abusive, don't want to see him and have a PFA on him
What are ways to remove the rust?
I know dome must've been in the family from when my grandfather was a kid
I want my kids to be able to enjoy these as much as I know I will, and even more than my grandfather has.
There is a 12 gage, a .410, 2 22's and a 30 30
If you need better pics let me know
(Should be going hunting with one of these later this year, will be the first time I'm going hunting. Will be with my grandfather and I hope one of these guns)
>>
>>34679515
Buy a cleaning kit with brushes for each caliber. Get some Hoppe's #9 and some gun oil. Follow the instructions. Resist the urge to scrub the shit out of them; overcleaning is a thing. Welcome to the shooting sports and congrats on belonging to a decent family that didn't piss away/scrap/sell their heirloom shooting irons.
>>
>>34679515
A damp rag, followed by a dry rag for the wood. Some oil (3 in 1 works fine) for the metal. Any sporting goods store that sells guns will have patches, rods, and brushes for the appropriate bore size.
>>
File: 20170727_223907.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_223907.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>34679540
Is a universal gun cleaning kit off of Amazon a good or a bad thing. Or just one of those, don't get the China crap and you should be good?
>>
>>34679515
nice score. lightly apply lubricant.
>>
>>34679674
In my experience all kits clean equally well, the expensive ones are just sturdier and easier to use.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.