[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy ruger 22/45 8 months ago >go to shoot it first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 20170727_105821.jpg (2MB, 1543x1892px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_105821.jpg
2MB, 1543x1892px
>buy ruger 22/45 8 months ago
>go to shoot it first time
>rear sight blade falls off
>lose blade and spring, find screw
>screw came from factory broken in half
>take back to store, takes 3 months of reminding them to order new screw to get it. Buy new sight blade and steal spring out of relay because $7 for spring is stupid.
>start shooting again, gun falls apart in hands and spits debris at me as I shoot
>front sight, rear sight screws and pin, and thread protector constantly have to be tightened every couple mags
>lock tight it
>gun only eats 22 lr thunderbolts, nothing else cycles and it spits stinging debris out at my arms and face at least once a mag
>wear long sleeve and glasses now
>gun is more fun now, only jams every other hundred shots
>shoot it yesterday
>notice I haven't been stung in the face in a couple mags
>maybe it's finally broke in?
>decide to take off shirt because Oklahoma hot and humid
>no shrapnel but groups seem more open and it doesn't seem to be ringing the gong like I remembered
>decide to put it up after just a few mags
>get home
>start cleaning
>find this

I'm guessing a round probably got stuck in the barrel while mag dumping and I didn't notice it but this gun has been a crap show since I got it. I have to buy a new upper if I want a new barrel which cost nearly as much as the gun. Do anons know if ruger will do anything for me here since it was shit even before the popped barrel?
>>
File: 1491586741665.png (132KB, 380x496px) Image search: [Google]
1491586741665.png
132KB, 380x496px
>>34674208

Also, I never saw the anything unusual about the round that caused the pop, no fireball. I kind of want it to be a ruger quality control problem so they will for sure get me a new one but I know the damage screams a round got stuck in the barrel.
>>
Don't mess with the store, especially if they are charging you for repairs to a defective product.

You need to contact Ruger, generally their customer service is excellent.

Also, sorry about the lemon.
>>
>>34674398

Gander mountain is going out of business so no problem. The screw was free anf in fairness I didn't ask about the blade and spring since I lost them but I really should have. They don't have an excuse for being slow and forgetting my order though.

I know ruger doesn't have an official warranty but it sounds like they'll help for some things based on what I've read online. I guess I'll just have to give them a shot. It could have been the round shearing where some got stuck in the barrel, maybe not a squib so I might try to blame that. I realize anything mass produced is going to have a few lemons in the lot, I've heard great things about the gun, if they send me a new upper it might fix every problem I had
>>
>>34675015
I have heard that's the worst 22 that they sell. Definitely just send it back though, if it's that mangled you'll get a new one with an apology letter.
>>
>>34674208
>Update

Called ruger, they were fantastic, really knowledgeable lady on the phone. Theyre replacing the barrel and giving the grip a trim. I didn't realize this but the play a magazine has is important to not shearing rounds, you want a little play. It must not only be ruger because my glock, m&p, and BHP all have it too.

I'm happy
>>
>>34676244
>I have heard that's the worst 22 that they sell.

Ruger 'sells' 2 different 22lr semi auto pistols. 3 if you count the 22/45 separate as the rest of the mk series. And you have 'heard' it's the worst they make.
Here's a protip noguns, lurk more, post less.
>>
>>34674208
>>take back to store, takes 3 months of reminding them to order new screw to get it

Even if this was true and you actually are as assertive as you pretend to be, how as an adult are you unable to order a screw online?
>>
>>34677038
Ha, great reading comprehension. The 22/45 lite's (I'm assuming the OP pic because it's sparkly) were not good but I haven't used the Mark IV's yet. They "'sell'"! a lot different models, more than 3 retard. I've never gotten a Mark III or a Browning Buckmark back.
>>
>>34678054
You're demonstrating that your lack of knowledge. Follow my advice and lurk more.
>>
>>34677357

I wanted the screw free, they said they would so I held them to it
>>
>>34674208
RUGERNADE
>>
>>34678497
just pay for your shit if you want it you dumb fuck
>>
The barrel was probably turned out of round and that was the thin side.
>>
>>34678201
>mocked for reading comprehension
>shits out this half sentence when called out for being a child
>>
>>34679551
You attempted mocking me for reading comprehension, when in fact you are the one not comprehending what is going on. And btw those are two separate, complete sentences.

The only two 22lr semi auto pistols Ruger currently produces is the mark iv series, and the sr22. OP's pic is a mark iii. I know this bc it is a stainless pencil barrel inside of a blue alloy receiver with unique cutouts. I'm not assuming it's a mark iii bc it's sparkly. The the 22/45 is a Ruger Mark pistol.

I will make this clear for you. My point is idgaf about what you heard is the worst 22 pistol Ruger sells. They currently only produce 2 lines in this class, and they are the best on the market.
Your original comment was fucking stupid. Give it up.
>>
>>34680036

>The only two 22lr semi auto pistols Ruger currently produces is the mark iv series, and the sr22.

Charger
>>
>>34680060
You got me there bud. Bc that's totally not just a 10/22, and were totally not just arguing about semantics now.
>>
>>34680076

No need to be salty friend.
>>
>>34679180

He shot it shirtless when this happened. And neither his hand, or his torso was even slightly injured. Shame that your top of the line plastic gun is worse than than a metal lemon.
>>
>>34680060
>Charger is a pistol
Stop atfposting. Fuck. Just stop posting.
>>
>>34680036
You're a massive, stupid faggot and nothing you can say will make anyone think otherwise, which is why so many people are calling you out on it.

>they are the best on the market.
ah, this is why you're butthurt and can't accept the fact that Ruger's 22's shit the bed sometimes.
>>
>>34680060
>>34680076
>>34680226

Just out of curiosity, what would /k/ call a Charger, if not a pistol? I understand that it's """"legally""" a pistol, but it does feel wrong to call it that. On the other hand, if I were just going with my gut, it still feels wrong to call it a rifle. It certainly doesn't strike me as a rifle.

What is a Charger, if you were given power to assign it a category entirely free of ATF input?
>>
>>34680361
It's a stockless rifle. The technical term would be ghetto blaster.
>>
>>34680361
It's a pistol, they're just sperging out now.
>>
>>34680283
>which is why so many people are calling you out on it.

nope, just you faggot.
>>
>>34679229
Principle, retard. Hold the store and company accountable for their shit product.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.