[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice. I'm being offered a free Arisaka for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: type 99.jpg (302KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
type 99.jpg
302KB, 1920x1275px
I need some advice. I'm being offered a free Arisaka for helping a friend with some stuff. Now, there's a lot of type 99s and type 38s to choose from and I've found a couple nice ones of each. The question is, which one should I get? I'm leaning towards the type 99 at this point, but objectively, which is the better rifle?
>>
>>34672930
he's going to buy you one? not just give you one he has sitting in his basement? isn't that called being paid? or is it paid + straw purchase?
>>
File: i dont know about this guys.jpg (38KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
i dont know about this guys.jpg
38KB, 500x548px
>>34673073
>>34672930
answer these questions anon. how many guns does this guy have to have to give you options?
>>
Type 38 rifles typically were made better than the Type 99 rifles, especially the wartime productions. The 6.5 Jap shoots much softer than the 7.7 Jap. The Type 38 is older, and the lower serial numbers have potentially survived both world wars. Find a Type 38 with a shiny bore and the Chrysanthemum intact.
>>
>>34672930
Go for early/mid war Type99.

Both 6.5 and 7.7 are pretty expensive to shoot.
>>
File: T38_07-10-2017_A.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
T38_07-10-2017_A.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
The Type-38 is one of the most aesthetically-pleasing rifles; much more so than the T99.
>>
File: 2016-04-23 15.49.43.jpg (726KB, 816x1384px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-23 15.49.43.jpg
726KB, 816x1384px
>>34674052
Agreed. Type 38s are beautiful, well made rifles. I like the type 99 too, but mainly as a historical artifact, not as a nice rifle. They mostly have ugly plywood stocks, crude sights, roughly machined parts, braised on bolts, and they often don't shoot well. Ammo cost and availability is more or less the same between the 38 and 99. Very expensive, and rarely available. I suggest reloading if you plan on shooting more than a box if ammo or two a year.
>>
>>34673073
He's an FFL. My buddy runs a shop and basically, it would be me buying a rifle for $0.00 paperwork and everything are the same. Just a nice low price.
>>
>>34672930
If he has a Type I, go for that. Most of the stocks were cut for someone of European decent, so they will fit most Americans better.

If that is not an option, go with a Type 38. You have many more options when it comes to handloading 6.5 Jap (if you are going to shoot it, you will have to make ammo for it). Bullets are cheaper on average too.

All of this is assuming he isn't offering you a Type 30. If he is offering you a Type 30, take it. Based completely on rarity, take it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.