[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I'm newfag as fuck to guns but I'm turning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 7

File: 43909.jpg (23KB, 475x250px) Image search: [Google]
43909.jpg
23KB, 475x250px
Hey guys I'm newfag as fuck to guns but I'm turning 21 soon and I really want this pistol. Is it good for a first choice
>>
Said I'm 21 cause I want the concealed carry permit
>>
Please detail me on reliability and maintenance
>>
deagle in 300 blackops, or 45 if you want better stopping power
>>
>>34670169
It's not really small and will snag on everything. 22. is also generally regarded as a poor self defense choice in semi auto due to lesser reliability of rimfire.
>>
>>34670157
Probably a bait thread but id recommend a 9mm glock, ammo is cheap and easy to get, the gun itself is cheap, and its easy to use and care for. Then maybe get some lessons or ask a famiky member or friend to teach you to shoot and about gun safety.
>>
>>34670251
not OP, but why would this be a bait thread? 22LR is generally considered the best round for a persons first gun. I personally dont enjoy shooting 9mm as much as 22 pistols.

I just think OP chose an ugly variation of that gun, but I like the Ruger Mark series
>>
>>34670251
As a first gun, I would recommend something with an external safety instead.
Get a Shield 9mm.
>>
yes, get one. It'll be a great pistol in general and a hell of a good choice to learn on.

They're stupidly easy to maintain. Watch hickok45's video on the mk iv
>>
>>34670157
don't be a fag, buy the target model or the hunter model. don't buy that ultralite tacticool 1911 handled POS
>>
Op here
Thanks for advice guys
My friends that collect guns would agree with >>34670329 so I'm definitely getting it, you guys give great advice but im going to trust the mk iv
>>
>>34670157
M9
>>
>>34670307
>>OP posts a picture of a gun with an external safety
>>said safety is even clearly visible in OP image
>>hurr durr get a shield instead bcz safety
>>
>>34670685
Fuck. Tried to delete, just realized you weren't quoting op. I'm sorry, first night off in two weeks and I'm drunk. Sorry dude.
>>
>>34670666
Awe jeez that seems like a better choice but I think rugers look cooler
>>
>>34670157

I have a Mk3 22/45 and I really like it.
>>
File: IMG_20170726_213302_Bokeh.jpg (2MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170726_213302_Bokeh.jpg
2MB, 3456x4608px
>>34670724

We spacegun now
>>
>>34670157
Good choice for first gun. Terrible choice for anything but range practice.
>>
>>34670157
1 could say the ruger 22s are THE first guns. And a weak guns better than no gun. But seriously dude. Get a stronger gun.
>>
>>34670292
sure it might be a nice first gun but it is an awful concealed carry gun.
>>
>>34670835
Op here
Because of the long barrel Right?
>>
>>34670932
No because your clearly to retarded to use it.
>>
>>34670932
Because if you shoot someone with a .22 it'll piss them off, then they'll destroy your tender boipucci.
>>
>>34671009
You*re
Lern2grammar faggot

I need help guys dont fucking downsize me for being a newbie
>>
>>34671019
But I heard people have died by .22 the most
>>
>>34671189
Probably by N'D themselves.
>>
>>34671189
People also survive 22 the most...
>>
I bought the 2014 blue version, its a great and fun gun and I taught a lot of my friends to shoot on it as ammo is cheap and its petty reliable, only downside is takedown is a bitch
>>
Yes, it's a good choice for a first pistol. Ammo is cheap, and the firearm shoots like a fucking laser-pointer at the range. It's great for building up your fundamentals, and then you can trick it out and use it as a race-gun when you get-good.

I'd like to note that .22 isn't considered to be sufficent as a self-defense round, but it's still better than fucking nothing. A 9mm in standard or compact size could also be a good first pistol, but none of them are quite as fun as a Ruger 22/45.
>>
>>34671019
>>34671363
22 is lethal af
piss off
>>
>>34671363
OK but I'm not the type of guy that wants to hold head count on my belt. Not really trying to be a murderer, subduing the target is what is most important dude, if he's still able to kill me after I shoot him once then I'll just shoot him again
The guns capacity is 10 so I don't think a man will still be walking after 10 shots
>>
>>34671440
Don't shoot at somebody unless you intend on killing them.
>>
>>34671479
OK but here's the issue
My brother was beating my ass the other day for a stupid reason and also the day before I had suffered a concussion from an motorcycle accident.

If I had a gun on me I would have shot him but I wouldn't want to kill him because he's my brother.
>>
>>34671542
Cont.
So you're saying I should kill my brother instead of just like a Shot in the foot
>>
>>34671542
And you think that'd be okay if you were carrying a 22?

You are far too irresponsible to carry a gun.
>>
>>34671552
Oh please be bait.

In absolutely no circumstances is it ever legally or morally permissible to "shoot them in the foot". If the situation does not warrant LETHAL force, then firing a gun is not justified.
>>
>>34671552
Cont.
My brother is like twice as big as me and I don't know how to fight for shit
>>
>>34670157
yes, rimfires are good choices for a first handgun

>cheap as shit to shoot
>ruger has good aftermarket
>accurate and reliable

do not for the love of god buy a sub compact as a first gun or you will acquire bad habits

>get 22
>practice basics
>get good
>buy Glock 19
>>
>>34671552
>So you're saying I should kill my brother instead of just like a Shot in the foot
youre a fucking retard

an absolute retard, do not buy a gun
>>
>>34671571
Read the rest of the thread. This retard wants a 22 because he thinks it'll be a good gun to shoot his brother in the foot with.
>>
>>34671559
He was strangling me saying that he was going to kill me
>>
>>34671583
then call the fucking cops and get a fuckin restraining order
>>
>>34671583
If you GENUINELY feared for your life, then lethal force was justified. If you didn't fear for your life and therefore lethal force wasn't justified, then you had absolutely no business shooting a gun whatsoever, in any manner.

tl;dr: You're an idiot, absolutely do not buy a gun.
>>
>>34671588
I told my mom I Was going to call the cops but she refused
>>
>>34671604
>21 years old
>thinking you need permission from your mother to call the cops
Buy a helium tank and kill yourself.
>>
>>34671598
In all honestly, I couldn't fucking breathe and felt my neck cracking
>>
>>34671604
>mommy told me not to do something
>so i didnt do it
>BUT IM RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO OWN A GUN

no fuck off
>>
>>34671611
She threatened me saying I assaulted him too and that we would both go to jail
>>
>>34671617
If you didn't feel that lethal force was warranted, then you obviously did not genuinely fear for your life.

Again, kill yourself. That's not a joke, that's actual advice. You're so stupid you're a liability to everyone around you.
>>
>>34671628
>I assaulted him too
Probably true, and you're too stupid to realize it. You'd end up in prison had you shot him in the foot, and rightfully so. Are you seriously too fucking thick to realize that?
>>
>>34671621
Read this retard
>>34671628
My mom is really protective of my abusive brother
>>
>>34671640
THEN FUCKING CALL THE COPS YOU STUPID FUCK
>>
>>34671640
You're an idiot and have no business owning a firearm.
>>
>>34671640
i hope he beats you to death next time so we dont have to deal with you again
>>
>>34671645
I moved out already like 2 months ago
>>
>>34671689
so its not a problem then

and youre a moron still, you should not have access to guns
>>
>>34671688
Smartest comment of this Thread
>don't kill someone unless your life is in danger
>hope he beats you to death
>I hope he beats you to death
>>
>>34671700
almost as smart as the OP's
>im just gonna shoot him in da foot
>>
this is bait you absolute retards
>>
>>34671695
I only want a gun for protection, not to shoot my brother in the foot, I was just giving an example to know if it would be OK to defend myself in that moment with a gun because of my inability to fight
>>
>>34671723
fuck off already
>>
>>34671713
Yeah if im strangled half to death again
At least there's logic behind that
>>
>>34671739
alright, go for it, shoot him in the foot, enjoy prison
>>
>>34671744
Standing my ground won't put me in prison
>>
>>34670169
>living in a state that requires a permit
not even once
>>
>>34671753
you havent a clue what you are talking about

say hi to Big Tyrone for me
>>
>>34671767
Are you living under a rock?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law
>>
>>34671792
>trying to use a wikipedia page to grasp at laws that vary from state to state and are applied depending on the situation

i have a degree in criminal justice, i actually know what im talking about, youre just some dipshit who thinks you can shoot people in the feet
>>
>>34671796
I live in Florida dumbass, that law applies here faggot
How do you think trayvon died?
>>
>>34671806
certainly not by getting shot in the foot you fucking sperg
>>
>>34671810
Oh my fucking autism
I moved out months ago you fucking mongoloid

Not worried about my brother anymore
>>
>>34671755
Well I'm not gonna live in a flyover shithole am I? lol
>>
>>34671408
>inb4 muh bounce arownd ur bodi and turn insidez to mush xD
>>
>>34671739
>trying to use lethal force non-lethally
There is no logic to that. You're an idiot and you'd rightfully be sent to prison for shooting somebody when you're life wasn't threatened. The fact that you tried to shoot "nonlethally" would be used as evidence that you didn't feel your life was threatened.
>>
>>34670353
this one is lighter and has a threaded barrel out of the box. and it looks kind of cool in a deus ex kind of way. it's ruger so you're not gonna impress anyone with le classy wood and beautiful finish.
>>
>>34671853
A stupid nigger like OP isn't going to do the ATF paperwork for a suppressor.
>>
>>34671853
>has a threaded barrel out of the box

And when were you planning on spending $500-$600 for a cheap .22 suppressor?
>>
>>34671849
But he's my brother, its non lethal because he's still family to me and I don't want the rest of my family to see me as a murderer dumbass

He's the same brother I grew up watching cartoons and paying video games with him, you think I could live with myself knowing I killed him?
>>
>>34671860
THEN DON'T SHOOT HIM AT ALL YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

If you want nonlethal deterrent, DON'T USE A GUN.
>>
>>34671856
I bought the tacticool lite model because my girlfriend liked the aesthetics and because it goes pew. I stuck a cheapo airshit red dot on it.
>>
File: omarfps.jpg (44KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
omarfps.jpg
44KB, 720x540px
>>34671860
>you think I could live with myself knowing I killed him?

he would have lived fine if he succeeded in killing you

Why do you love someone who strangled you? Are you from Sweden or something?
>>
>>34671862
But he put my life in danger dumbass
I couldn't fucking breathe
>>
>>34671875
why don't you try moving out of living with a person who tried to murder you instead of buying a gun to deter him while you're awake?

you know he could easily kill you in your sleep, right? Why do you willingly choose to live with someone who tried to murder you?
>>
>>34671872
OP wasn't "strangled". He picked a fight with his brother and his brother stuck him in a headlock. OP is a spineless weak faggot so now he's fantasizing about shooting his brother in the foot to teach him a lesson. In addition to having a frail body, OP has a feeble mind.
>>
File: delet.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>34671883
I see, another sliding thread. feel free to sage
>>
>>34671875
Guns are NEVER nonlethal force. You ONLY shoot somebody if you are intending to use lethal force. No exceptions.

If you want nonlethal force, get a stun gun or pepper spray, or fucking karate lessons you moron.
>>
>>34671882
>Faggots that dont read the threads
Moved out months ago
Said this how many times already
>>
>>34671910
It doesn't matter when you moved out. The fact that you think using a firearm as nonlethal force is a good idea under any circumstances makes you an idiot who absolutely should not own a gun.
>>
File: argumend.jpg (69KB, 728x843px) Image search: [Google]
argumend.jpg
69KB, 728x843px
>>34671910
>Moved out months ago

so why do you need a gun to protect yourself from a family member you don't live with and can avoid?

sage
>>
>>34671883
No here's the story dumb ass
I left a mess in his room, he gets pissed ass fuck about that. I start cleaning the room but as I'm cleaning the room I mumbles "didn't think it was a big deal", then he said ""YOU DONT THINK THIS IS A BIG DEAL" *sucker punches me hard af* then hes stomping on me on the ground then he gets on top of me and grabs me by my neck strangling me with my mom trying to pull him off me, I could barely utter the words "i can't breathe". after I said it 3 timeshe finally got off of me and I was on the floor trying to gain consciousness, and while I'm trying to gather myself he fucking kicks me in the head while I'm helpless on the ground, mind you I had a concussion literally before this shit happened

Retards like you that just assume "what's really going on" should drink bleach
>>
>>34671918
Oh my fucking god
The non lethal force thing was just for my brother you retard, not everyone in this entire world is my brother you fucking shit lord. Your mind is more narrow than Hank Hill's urethra
>>
>>34671986
>>The non lethal force thing was just for my brother you retard,
No, it's not for ANYBODY. You NEVER use a firearm for nonlethal force. Not against your brother, not against anybody.

If you aren't willing to use lethal force, then you should not be firing your gun.
>>
>>34671927
For protection
Pretty sure my brother isn't the only person in the world that could put my life in danger
>>
>>34671962
>I could barely utter the words "i can't breathe". after I said it 3
>could barely
In other words, you could. Meaning you could breath. Meaning you're being a melodramatic bitch and you think that would justify SHOOTING YOUR BROTHER.

>I left a mess in his room,
>I mumbles "didn't think it was a big deal"
Are you twelve or something? What the hell are you doing in your brothers room, let alone making a mess of it? And being a little bitch mumbling when he calls you out? You must be twelve.
>>
>>34671826
Just in case you're actually retarded and not trolling, you'll certainly lose a self defense pleading every time if it's proved that you PURPOSEFULLY shot someone in the foot, no matter what state you live in, castle doctrine or no. The reason that self defense is legal is so that people in reasonable fear of IMMINENT death/rape/maiming etc. can stop the threat and prevent that outcome. If you think that the person you're about to shoot might not kill you, so you'll just disable them, that shows that you were not truly in fear for your life. This is compounded if you have the time to line up a shot on such a small mobile body part.

This doesn't mean you can't ever shoot someone in the foot. If it happens, it should be on accident though. Aim center mass, always. And whatever you do, don't be retarded enough to say "durr i wasn't trying to kill him. it's just a .22. he was gonna hurt me, honest." In fact, don't say anything. That's your lawyer's job (or public defender in your case).
>>
>>34671962
>trying to gain consciousness
Obviously you don't even know what that means. You plainly were not unconscious if you remember what happened.
>>
>>34672005
>Meaning you could breath

this, I've been in a real choke hold, I passed out within a few seconds
>>
>>34671859
Whenever the paperwork's approved friendo.
>>
>>34672016
Exactly. OP just basically confirmed his brother put him in a headlock (justifiably at that) and he's a little bitch who wanted to shoot him for it.
>>
>>34670169
Do not use a .22lr pistol for self-defense; use it to learn how to shoot and then get something in 9mm.
>>
>>34672017
what? you pay for the suppressor and then file the paperwork

fucking hell did you eat the entire bowl of Stupid Flakes for dinner?
>>
>>34672005
Left a pile of clothes in a room

Perfect reason to punch someone in the face

Oh and how dare I mumble, I should be lynched
>>
This is just a bait thread now. Sage and leave this shit. Stop feeding OP (You)s
>>
>>34672050
Why the hell did you leave a pile of clothing in your brothers room? What the fuck were you doing in his room in the first place? Are you legitimately autistic or something?
>>
>>34671564
>can't fight
>ask for advice to buy a gun

You are the definition of a beta
>>
>>34672061
It wasn't even really his room
He moved out 6 months before that you idiot, it was a guest room basically but it was his room when he lived with us
>>
>>34672061
>>hurrrrr durrr how dare you leave clothes on this floor I haven't slept in for half a year,
>hurrrr durrrr what do you mean big deal
>>
>>34672061
Nope you're right
I deserved getting choked out, strangled, beaten with bruises on my face after suffering a concussion the day before.

For a mess...Good logic bro. Who's more autistic
>>
>>34672093
You if you think you'll get away with self defense for shooting anyone but purposefully trying not to kill them. See >>34672011
>>
>>34672100
Oh my fucking god I was curious for an answer and now I know that's illegal u fucking idiot
I still want a gun for protection
>>
>>34672118
How could you not know it's illegal to shoot your brother in the foot for roughhousing you?
>>
>>34672100
This retard still thinks I only want a gun to shoot someone in the foot
>>
>>34672127
>this retard wants a ruger 22 for concealed carry
>>
>>34672124
How are you still on this subject?
>>
>>34672130
>retard
>admitted I'm newbie to guns
Didn't know information about guns was essential to everyday life
>>
>>34672138
The gun is large for it's caliber and will get caught on your clothing. It isn't designed as a CCW.
>>
>>34670157
Get a 9mm or a .38 special for your first carry and don't shoot anything you don't intend to kill. You can't have a gun in prison.

If someone is doing something which puts your life in jeopardy shoot them in the chest. They'll stop.
>>
Shooting someone should always be done during a "either him or me" moment, not an "I can't win" moment.
Did you fear for your life to end and consider your brother to be capable of killing you in that moment? If the answer is yes, your brother clearly doesn't care about your life, and neither should you care about his anymore. He obviously wouldn't do the same for you (sparing your life during an attack) so why should you?
>>
>>34672150
He's told me many many times that he would kill me for other things in the past.
You actually made me realize I shouldn't give a fuck about his life if he didn't give a fuck about mine.

If he puts me in danger again I'm shooting him , fuck it
>>
>>34671997
I understand, next time he puts my life in danger I'll just kill him
>>
>>34672182
There you go, I'm just curious why nobody else in this thread has said these simple words. In stead of making it another shitfest this could have been solved quite fast.
Back to your original post: a ruger .22 is nice for plinking and practice but should the need arise for you to defend yourself there are better, harder hitting options. Then again if you don't feel comfortable shooting a larger caliber a .22 is still better than a mobile phone tossed casually at the intruder.
>>
>>34672182
Try 9mm

If that is somehow too rough for you try it in a different gun, or try a .380

.22 just doesn't have what you really want out of a self defense round

I mean, as another anon said, it's better than nothing. I'd take it over a knife or fists if you aren't good at fighting as you said earlier.

Just try other options first as far as rounds go anon
>>
>>34670157
>TFW no aesthetic space guns in suitable caliber for self defense
Feels bad.
>>
>>34672263
Gyrojet.
>>
>>34672268
Truly the epitome of space gun. But supposing I could find one for sale, I doubt I could afford it, and supposing I could afford it, I'd rather not bet my life on the effectiveness of teeny tiny rocket bullets.
Nonetheless, a sweet piece to be sure.
>>
>>34671179
lurk moar faggot
>>
File: hereyougo.jpg (5KB, 156x200px) Image search: [Google]
hereyougo.jpg
5KB, 156x200px
>>34672193
>>34672193
>>
>>34670157
It's a good gun but you can only really use it for target shooting and maybe hunting squirrels. That's not a CC gun.
>>
>>34671891
you clearly dont know shit lol shoot them niggas in the knee like damn lol
>>
>>34670157
.22lr is not great for self defense. Its rimfire so not very reliable and its super weak and has issues achieving proper penetration.

For a first pistol to just plink with, its a great choice
>>
>>34671833
>implying that coastal shitholes have gun rights
>muh flyovers huehuehue
Go RP on /ck/, scumfuck.
>>
>>34671564
>My brother is like twice as big as me and I don't know how to fight for shit
wow
usually this is just an overused insult but
>DONT GET A GUN TO COMPENSATE FOR YOUR LOW SELF ESTEEM AND FIGHTING ABILITY

More then likely you will have it taken from you and used on you
>>
>>34671440
fiddy cent git shawt nien teims my dude!
>>
>>34671552
.22 dont penetrate. just shoot him in da face it wont go deep
>>
>>34671564
do this
>>34675778
>>
>>34673976
Original and clever
>>
>>34670932
It's not going to fit on your person well, no good holsters, and 22lr are rimfire, so they don't like to be compressed together in magazines. It can bend the rims, which means more jamming. Not the most reliable for cc. Look for a 9mm that ruger sells. It won't have the same spacegun look, but it will be accurate and reliable.
>>
>>34671962
Take time to learn how to fight lazy fuck. Even a skinny manlet can jiu jitzu someone's ass into an arm lock. You're not stable enough for a gun.
>>
>>34672193
Now you need to be able to come to this conclusion in moments, or it's your ass. If you can't do that, you shouldn't own a cc.
>>
>>34671479
>>34671559
>>34671578
you people are fucking sick. you should never shoot to kill. you should always shoot to injure only, you sick cunts
>>
>>34677274
Absolutely wrong. If you shoot to injure, you go to prison.
>>
File: 1501032519561.jpg (76KB, 687x369px) Image search: [Google]
1501032519561.jpg
76KB, 687x369px
>>34677274

Oh wait,
Sat bait.
>>
>>34671833
enjoy eroding rights and having half your paycheck being swallowed by CoL and nanny state taxes.
>>
>>34677610
>>34677624
killing is the worst thing you can do to someone. fuck off. you people with your retarded authoritarian shoot to kill nonsense need to just fuck off
>>
>>34677779
Firearms are lethal force. You NEVER use them against somebody when lethal force is not warranted.
>>
>>34677859
>Firearms are lethal force.
unless its a .22 to the foot. then its not lethal
>>
>>34678025
No, any attempt to use a firearm as non-lethal force is irresponsible. You have no business owning a firearm.
>>
>>34678060
absolutely ridiculous statement. if i fear my life is in danger, but i can neutralize a subject with my gun without killing him, i am well within my rights to do so.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.