[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> $2000 smart gun > Defeated by 15 bucks worth of magn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Armatix-iP1-Smart-Gun-3.jpg (394KB, 2040x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Armatix-iP1-Smart-Gun-3.jpg
394KB, 2040x1360px
> $2000 smart gun
> Defeated by 15 bucks worth of magnets
>At least 3 other vulnerabilities including range extension and full on jamming
>There are people who still think these are a good idea

https://youtu.be/ANllOmgJH9Y

In this thread, we discuss how absolutely retarded smart guns are.
>>
>>34666977
>In this thread, we discuss how absolutely retarded smart guns are.
hard to discuss something thats clearly, demonstrably, and objectively stupid and inherently fatally flawed
>>
Please someone post the Facebook login gun while Tyrone robs copypasta
>>
Great battery life on that safety watch. I sure hope I remember to always keep it charged.
>>
>>34666977
Why isn't this dude wearing ear pro?
>>
>>34667224
its a fucking 22 you spoon
>>
File: sad.jpg (19KB, 422x370px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
19KB, 422x370px
>>34667238
>>
>>34667238
>Hurr .22 can't damage your hearing

I bet you think getting hit by a smartcar wouldn't injure you too.
>>
>>34667632
It's not so much that it CAN'T damage your hearing it's more that it's not very likely unless you're doing it for extended periods.

A 22 is barely louder than a fucking cap gun you twink.

JK it's actually over 130 decibels and hearing damage start at 100.
>>
>>34667978
If you shoot a .22 often (kind of the point of having a .22) without earpro it'll screw up your hearing.
>>
>>34666977
>There are people who still think these are a good idea
No, everyone knows that this is a bad idea. Forcing everyone to purchase fundamentally flawed guns is part of the anti-gunner plan.
>>
I thought it was bad, but I didn't think it'd be so shitty that you could override the thing without hacking it.
>>
>>34666977

Smart guns are probably the future...and I'll trust them after decades of military testing and real-world usage. Until then, they're pretty much garbage.
>>
>>34668229
>and I'll trust them after decades of military testing and real-world usage
Unless someone can deliver a 9mm smart pistol that isn't shitty like this, and doesn't cost the equivalent of a used car, it won't happen.
>>
>>34668060
Doesn't Wilhelm Bubits want these to be a thing after he had a midlife crisis and realized he helped make something that has killed countless people?
>>
has anyone bothered to see how hard it is to removed the firing pin block and electronics on this pistol?
>>
>>34667978
I'm a black smith an I have studied this kind of stuff. It takes anything over 100 decibels up till 180 decibels to cause hearing damage. The catch is that it must be continus sound for 30 seconeds. So unless you are shooting a 30 round mag in a 10/22. You should be fine if only firing a few shots a minuite outside.
>>
>>34668295
It's just that magnet inside. If you drill it out it should be permanently converted.
>>
>>34668291
Yes.

>>34668298
>I'm a black smith
I loved you on Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
>>
>>34668310
the magnet has to be on to pull down the firing pin block and allow the pin to work.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 1506x1236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 1506x1236px
>>34668314
Thanks, I tried my best.
>>
>>34668330
Glue in a regular magnet . Remove the electronic internals.
>>
File: insane-clown-posse.jpg (56KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
insane-clown-posse.jpg
56KB, 900x600px
Fuckin' smart guns? How do they work?
>>
File: batteries.jpg (142KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
batteries.jpg
142KB, 630x420px
Every time I hear about a gun that needs batteries to shoot a bullet I always ask myself ¿why hasn't the company gone bankrupt yet?
>>
>>34668421
I don't think that's a concern for them, I think most of these smartgun manufacturers are operating in bad faith. They don't want to honestly win a share of the market, they expect people to be forced to use them and that just by getting them out the door, they'll get money.
>>
>>34668518
>they expect people to be forced to use them

That mentality really triggers me. Luckily even the most lefty liberal gun owner finds them useless and the only people this might convince are people to scared to ever buy a gun in real life.
>>
File: smart gun.png (113KB, 1005x562px) Image search: [Google]
smart gun.png
113KB, 1005x562px
>>34667055
>>
>>34671245
First time reading that one. Very good prediction.
>>
>>34668298
>It takes anything over 100 decibels up till 180 decibels to cause hearing damage

it looks like he fired under 10 rounds with minutes between each shot
>>
>>34668518
>They don't want to honestly win a share of the market, they expect people to be forced to use them

which is exactly what New Jersey has done, and why this is being made. To be sold in New Jersey where it then becomes the only legal firearm to buy in the state.

http://archive.is/zpoWr
>>
>>34666977
Simple, faggy liberals who want to ban guns are looking for any backdoor (since they're faggots who backdoor each other) want to fuck us if they can.

Any shop that sells them deserves to be burned to the fucking ground.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.