[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically speaking what's the correct way to store a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1719.jpg (37KB, 319x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1719.jpg
37KB, 319x426px
Realistically speaking what's the correct way to store a fire arm in the fridge? Also what would you recommend? I was thinking of keeping a little 38 special behind my eggs but was wondering if storing a gun Cold for have any negative effects on it.
>>
>>34666361
vacuum seal it, don't want your .38 freezer burned.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170727-001835.png (723KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170727-001835.png
723KB, 1920x1080px
Sounds like a bad movie.

>okay mr robber let's have a one last cold one together, shall we *BAM*
>an ice cold one
>>
>>34666410
And you all should know the /k/lassic film in the picture.
>>
>>34666421
You stumped me Anon
>>
>>34666361
Your refrigerator cools the air inside it. Cold air causes water vapor to condense onto objects. If you store your firearms in a refrigerator, make sure to store them in a dry, controlled environment, or you run the risk of rusting your poorfag piece.

Get a safe or put it in your dresser you mong
>>
>>34666410
Is that manhunter?
>>
Just vacuum seal it in a bag with a desicant. Make a tiny tear so you can get to it quickly. That was my plan for my boat gun
>>
>>34669638
this
Clean your gun, oil your gun, stick a desiccant packet in the magwell/action, then vacuum seal it and put it in a padded container or safe/dress/etc.
>>
>>34666361
Keep your long guns at the back of the fridge like that pic you just posted.

keep your hand guns on the door shelves of the fridge.

keep all the ammo in the freezer.

all the gun cleaning stuff you can keep in a box above the fridge.
>>
>>34668646
Not just rust you have to worry about. The cold will cause metal to contract and wood to expand. Stocks will crack, parts will loosen.
>>
Why are you niggers vacuum sealing a desiccant? Water vaporizes at low pressure and will be extracted with the air. Either vacuum seal OR use a ziplock with desiccant. In fact the only reason you need the desiccant at all is because the ziplock might degrade or puncture, otherwise there's not enough moisture in the air in the bag to worry about.
>>
happy birthday trisha
>>
>>34666361
Every time you open the fridge it'll get condensation on it, rust becomes an issue.

Store it in one of those soft plastic bags you get from the dry cleaners. Depending on the specific type, you can seal them with an iron and use desiccants to pull any moisture out of them. If you ever need it, you can tear right through the bag with no effort. Good chance you could operate the gun through the bag even without tearing it open.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.