[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short I'm getting a new carry/everything pistol.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1072.jpg (166KB, 640x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1072.jpg
166KB, 640x590px
Long story short I'm getting a new carry/everything pistol. Between the Ruger SR9E and Taurus 9mm Millennium G2 what would the wise members of /k recommend? And why? Thanks in advance guys.
>>
How fucking poor are you anon, god damn! Pick anything that isnt taurus.
>>
File: IMG_0275.jpg (117KB, 639x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.jpg
117KB, 639x628px
>>34664648
Dirt fucking poor man, but I refused and continue to refuse to get a hi-point. I have a little dignity.
>>
File: photo_011710_001.jpg (103KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
photo_011710_001.jpg
103KB, 800x640px
>>34664680
Then get a used springfield(yuck), used glock, used s&w; shit a used sig is like 400 bucks, and a new ruger SR40 is like 500. A walther ccp is like 400 bucks...

I'd rather save for something I can trust than spend the money now and have the chance of regretting it.
>>
File: IMG_1695.jpg (106KB, 639x617px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1695.jpg
106KB, 639x617px
>>34664735
Well yeah first thing I did was look for used, but unfortunately here there's no used guns except in pawn shops and that's worse than a damn hi point, or sold online from private party with rear slide optics, trigger tweaked, suppressor ready sights and barrel as well with extra mags speedloader and pelican case and asking price was 1000, fuck that. Thanks for the input though.
>>
>>34664836
There's nothing wrong with buying a used gun from a pawn shop.

This is probably why you're poor.
>>
File: IMG_1064.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1064.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>34664877
Just because something works out for you doesn't mean it will for others, the local pawnshops that have firearms are notorious for those said weapons being problematic. A friend bought a G19, no firing pin. About 4 years ago got a Steyr m-a1 they replaced the recoil spring with a cheap aluminum one. What I'm trying to say is don't go through life judging from your own life experience by itself, it'll lead to things a lot worse than not having money.
>>
Just save up money and buy a glock.

Anyone, on any budget, can save up 500 dollars within a year.

Learn to be better with your money.
>>
File: IMG_0901.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0901.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34664986
Only way I'll be able to save that up is if I don't get gas for my car, fired. Don't pay school fees for my boys and lunch account money, they go hungry. Don't pay bills shit gets turned off brother. I would much rather have something that might work, than be unarmed for months. I'm getting a cheap one then can save up for a nice one. Had multiple pistols and a Remington 500 but had to liquidate and file for bankruptcy. Thanks for input but doubt I'll get the suggestions for each of my selections, have a good day
>>
>>34664632
>Ruger SR9E

awesome gun

they are selling for $340 new here in overpriced area
>>
>>34665047
Then you literally do not need to buy a new firearm.

Make the decision to better your life before you worry about what new toy you can have.
>>
>>34665047
un-fuck your life then you can think about buying a gun. fuck off pissant
>>
>>34665047
>this retard has offspring
no pun here, this is just sad.
>>
>>34664680
Buy the fucking Hi-Point, you god damn gearqueen. Maybe you'll learn to appreciate crude but effective craftsmanship for once. The reason you are poor is because you refuse to settle for percieved "lesser" options when that is all that is in your budget. You should be grateful that you get guns at all.
>>
>>34664954
All of those problems could have been avoided by just inspecting the gun before buying it, which you should do for every gun you buy from anywhere.
>>
>>34664632
If you can get a good price on the G2, they're pretty swank for a poorfag gun.

Though it really isn't hard to just save some cash up for a bit to get something nicer. Just time. If you don't have time and just need a fucking gun that will work then there are plenty of options.
>>
>this thread

tldr: OP is a fucking faggot who wont save up for a decent gun and yet is also a faggot who won't just buy a fucking cheap used gun

tldrtldr: OP = faggot.
>>
Bought a used Glock 30s for 350 from LGS. Even got to test fire it first.
>>
>>34664632
Just save longer and get a used pistol that isn't royal dogshit.

If you're so poor you can't save up enough for a $400 used pistol then you're too poor to get a holster, carry ammo, and a concealed carry license anyways.
>>
>>34664680
You refuse to get a hi-point, but you are considering a taurus?
That doesnt even make any sense.
Thats like refusing to eat instant ramen in favor a dog shit.
>>
>>34664632
While the rebate was going you could get a new m&p shield for 225. Quit messing around with shit guns and get something halfway decent
>>
>OP is so poor he can't save $500
>Literally says he would have to stop buying gas and food to do so

If you're this poor then don't buy a fucking gun because you clearly can't afford it. You wont be able to afford ammo or anything else either. If a $500 pistol is the difference between paying for food/gas and being broke then you clearly shouldn't buy the damn gun.

Why do 90% of poor people have this same thought process? Do you not realize that this is why you're poor?
>>
>>34664632
Actually there is a rebate for extra mags and ammo. Get a shield for $315 and get all the extra shit from the rebate.
>>
>>34667594
It's a dangerous combo, poor AND stupid.
>>
>>34664632
>Between the Ruger SR9E and Taurus 9mm Millennium G2 what would the wise members of /k recommend? And why?

saving your shekels for a few more weeks until you're able to afford something better. You can't even afford the gun, how are you going to afford the ammo and ear protection and cleaning supplies and range time and...

get your life/shit together first. you cannot yet afford this hobby.
>>
>>34664632
Bersa BP99
>>
>>34667655
Do you own one? What's your experience with it been?
>>
>>34664632
I'm not gonna hate on you for being poor. Self defense is a right, regardless of wealth. I've been a college student with a gun addiction, so I know how to stretch a dollar. I would go in this order:

1- Police trade in G19
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/671876598
2- BP9CC
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/649851181
3- SW shield
http://palmettostatearmory.com/smith-wesson-m-p-shieldtm-9mm.html
4- Makarov/CZ82
https://www.classicfirearms.com/makarov-bulgarian-9x18-semi-auto
5- Canik TP9
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/91940/Firearms/Handguns/Century+International+Arms/CIA+HG2846-N+Canik55+TP-9+18%2B1+9mm+4

I'll lurk a while if you need anything further. Those would be my top pics. I can usually find something cheap.
>>
>>34667694
I've shot two different ones on two different occasions. Each one was as good as I could expect. They were accurate, the sights were relatively on point, the trigger was good, and neither fucked up during a box of shells. For the money. The reviews are good too. For the money, it would be hard to do better I think. For a compact single stack, I'd go PPS, Shield, BP99
>>
>>34664632
The millenium G2 is not a bad gun. However I wouldn't trust my life to a $200 gun. I would advice you to save up for something more reliable. But if you mus pick either of those, I have seen torture tests for the millenium G2 and if you give it the right ammo and don't abuse it too much it should do the job. Honestly, If I were in your situation I'd save up for a while then get something reliable like Ruger SR9, Glock 19, or maybe a revolver? Revolvers are less prone to bad shit happening. The taurus 605 is around $300 which is very reasonable and it's a good quality revolver in a reliable caliber.
>>
>>34664680
Hi points are at Glock levels of reliability and durability. It's an ugly piece of shit, but damn does it work.

That's like saying you refuse to a $1 to drink out of a public water fountain, and would rather pay $5 to drink out of a public toilet.
>>
>>34668219
Hi point and Glock are not even in the same realm, and I fucking hate Glock.
>>
I don't understand, why is there only one post actually asnwering the question, that is to help op choose one of the two guns.
Taurus is laughable, sure, but the isn't the 9E a pretty solid choice despite the msrp? Did they suddenly gain a reputation of being trash?
>lol stay away from dat trash just save up and get a glawk
expect nothing less from /k/ where everyone shits on glocks but would also blindly suggest them with given opportunity
>>
>>34664632
>pick between huehue garbage or the chinese turbojew
Get a real gun because your life will depend on it.
>>
>>34664954
>bought a glock with no firing pin
That's literally his own fault.
>>34666088
This
>>
>>34664954
>cheap aluminum one
>aluminum spring

Also
>implying Steyr makes replacement parts
>Ever buying a steyr

You deserved that one like your friend.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.