[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acquiring new firearms to become easier in Finland: https://

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1399395689097.jpg (3MB, 2000x3552px) Image search: [Google]
1399395689097.jpg
3MB, 2000x3552px
Acquiring new firearms to become easier in Finland:
https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/reforms_simplify_gun_permit_applications_in_finland/9740331

The 10 gun limit is apparently badly worded. I couldn't find mention of any maximums on the legal papers themselves, so that is probably either a maximum open applications at a time or a policy the interviewee's PD has.

A good change, bad? Discuss.
>>
löytyyks tota suomeks
>>
>>34663874
The original is apparently in Swedish, but Finlex has at least the proposed legal jargon.
>>
File: 1290888638117[1].jpg (114KB, 1024x550px) Image search: [Google]
1290888638117[1].jpg
114KB, 1024x550px
>>34663841
I dont get it?

Does this mean you cannot own anymore more than 10 firearms because i know there are many gun owners in Finland who own way more than 10 guns.
>>
>>34663945
No, like I said, apparently the 10 limit is either a pd specific policy, or only applies to the number of applications you have open.

There is no mention of limits in the actual proposal.
>>
>>34663841
Mostly good news.

Now, remember to bombard the politicians with polite mails so that the upcoming EU directive won't totally BTFO people's collections and result moronic magazine limits and shit.
We could even make the laws better, like finally get that long ago proposed "gun swapping" rule in place, allowing you to change your weapon to a matching type (manual-to-manual, etc), with only a quick notification to the cop station, instead of having to apply for a brand new license if you start regretting your previous purchase.
>>
And there is going to be a huge new indoor rifle range which can have competitions in Southern Finland so you don't have to live or drive into the woods because your hobby.
>>
>>34664165
It's far too early to be optimistic, though.
>>
Just leave the EU. You aren't any better off than before you joined it and the only thing you've got to show from joining are some refugees and a Greek bank bill.
>>
>>34664667
I am cautiously optimistic. It'd be better to spread the word and let people know that they can affect the political decisions nowadays almost instantaneously.

>>34664677
>Just leave the EU.
it's not that easy, and many things are better now than 30 years ago.
>>
>>34664738
If you leave now you'll avoid most of the chaos when it collapses.
>>
File: TAK85.jpg (290KB, 1697x601px) Image search: [Google]
TAK85.jpg
290KB, 1697x601px
>>34663841
It doesnt really matter what Finnish law says about firearm regulations and laws. In Finland the local police who issues weapon permits usually interprets the gun laws how ever they want.

So if your local police station or the police officer who looks at your application decides that you cant own more than 5-10 weapons then thats it. Of course you can file a complaint about it, but it usually takes 6 to 12 months before anything happens, if anything happens at all.

At least thats how it see it. I hope i'm wrong.
>>
>>34665604
It is a problem that the police have taken the role of an arbiter, when it shouldn't be their job. But the cops do follow the law, and if the law states that a psychological test and an interview isn't necessary, they're not going to make you go through them. The cops are just people, and like all people, they're lazy.
>>
>>34666586
in this case, it's the cops themselves that did the first move by stating that the psych-tests are useless garbage that just waste people's time.

There have been, however, local bullshit cases of various sorts happening recently when it comes to applying for licenses. Some literal lying to the face of the applicants, just to spook them away, or polices applying some brand new "requirements" of their own to the licenses. If the litigation process would not be so damn expensive and slow in this country, the lawyers would be having a ball suing these borderline corrupted cops.
>>
>>34663841
Seems like a good thing. If it happens that is.

Last year when i went to my local police station to hand over my application for my second 22lr rifle i was grilled and questioned by the not-so-nice old lady behind the counter asking me why on earth i needed another rimfire rifle. I'm not sure if this is a new policy in Finnish police or was she just in bad mood?
>>
>>34667018
I think the overall policy is to limit the amount of guns in the country. They consider it a problem how people buy rifles that they store at their summer cottages, which then get broken in and the guns disappear. The old cunt probably thought it was her job to be an asshole towards you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.