[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /K/. I have a T99 Arisaka and I was trying to find it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: YESSS.jpg (84KB, 503x596px) Image search: [Google]
YESSS.jpg
84KB, 503x596px
Yo /K/. I have a T99 Arisaka and I was trying to find it's manufacturing date. It has the Serial Number and the Armory's logo, as well as an intact mum. but the series mark seems to be scratched out partially, or wasn't fully applied. I was wondering if this means it's a late war rifle despite it seeming to be built rather well. Just wondering if there is any way to find out besides that.
>>
>>34662204
It's hard to say without seeing the rifle or the series mark. Different armories started transitioning to the late war features at different times, so knowing where it was made would help as well.
>>
File: kokura.gif (1KB, 50x41px) Image search: [Google]
kokura.gif
1KB, 50x41px
>>34662216
Kokura Arsenal. 1935-1945
>>
>>34662230
That doesn't help.
>>
>>34662242
What info do you need?
>>
>>34662244
The series mark, which is the moon rune preceding the serial number, as well as any identifying features that might lend a clue to when the rifle was made. Includes the stock, barrel band, butt plate, front sight, rear sight, recoil bolt, bolt handle, and safety. Off the top of my head those were all changed during the course of the war, some being done mid-war with the idea of upgrading the rifles to the early war configuration after the war was won, the rest being done towards the end of the war to produce as many rifles as fast and cheap as possible. I'm no expert on Arisakas, so take anything I say with a grain of salt.
>>
>>34662264
Pics?
>>
>>34662204
Braaaaaaaaap
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 1000x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 1000x422px
>>34662271
Yes, pics would be extremely helpful. On this Nagoya rifle, the ヌ signifies a 10th series production.

http://oldmilitarymarkings.com/japanese_markings.html

Is a decent source of info, as well as

http://candrsenal.com/rifle-japanese-arisaka-type-99/
>>
>>34662264
So, It looks as if the series mark is there partially, it looks as if it might have been 12 or 25. jsut by the lines that are visible. The butt of it had a U.S Recoil Pad. Like I said the mum is still intact and the rear sight seems to be the sights used to attempt to shoot down planes, except it's missing the two side pieces. Just the top flap part, the bolt handle seems well made and the safety doesn't seem to engage, front site is a tiny box with a iron sight on it. The barrel band just has one large screw in it made of metal. The stock looks similar to this, just the two screws and the metal loop. http://i.imgur.com/SECw3gQ.png

I'll try and get pictures but idk how well they'll turn out.
>>
>>34662310
Yeah, the series mark seems like it wasn't properly applied. like they stopped half way through the marking
>>
>>34662311
Based on the sights and what the kana might be, could it possibly be a 22nd series ラ ? The rear sight leaf kind of disqualifies it from very late war production, but I've seen 34th series Toyo Kogyo rifles with the early war stock and moveable sight leaf, those being produced in 1944.
>>
>>34662332
I wish I could get a good picture of the partial marking, It looks like that but with the line on the other side, probably a part of the circle but I honestly can't tell which it is.
>>
>>34662332
The marking appears to be the two horizontal lines with a straight line going through both of them on the right side.
>>
>>34662332
Also, the serial number is in the 9000's does that say anything? (is not great with weapons, just interested)
>>
File: 1452088657418.jpg (41KB, 499x562px) Image search: [Google]
1452088657418.jpg
41KB, 499x562px
>>34662204
Type 99s are not Arisakas.

:^)
>>
>>34662420
Almost anything the Japanese developed in 1939 was a Type 99
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.