[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on grenade launchers? Do you own one? Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 393x128px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 393x128px
What is your opinion on grenade launchers? Do you own one? Have you shot one? What is your experience with one? How legal are they in your jurisdiction? How viable are they now in modern warfare?

Pic is a M79 grenade launcher.
>>
File: images(76).jpg (25KB, 617x497px) Image search: [Google]
images(76).jpg
25KB, 617x497px
Getting real tired of your shit ATFman.

Doggos are friends not combatants
>>
I have a China Lake set up with an M600 and T2 as my designated HD gun. Using Hornady 40mm HE/TAP so it doesn't overpenetrate as much

I'm not taking any chances with home invasions, fuck that noise.
>>
>>34662139
Lightweight, reusable, long range (compared to a hand grenade), versatile.

Munitions include, but are not limited to HE, HEDP, Illum, smoke, anti riot, CS gas.

So they are perfectly viable and adaptable to many situations.
>>
File: 40mm solid 1.jpg (43KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
40mm solid 1.jpg
43KB, 800x450px
100% lawful here in Canada, though explosive rounds themselves are regulated. A lot of people have some set up for chalk, flares or "behaviour modification" rounds (Pic related).
>>
>>34662139
That the stock looks like it's been put on upside down bugs me, but I've always wanted one of the for a fuckaround. Like a shotgun, but supersize.
>>
Does anyone have any info on how much would one of these run me and what ATF hoops would I have to jump through to legally own one
>>
Grenade launcher and are cool
>>
>>34662139
They're cool. Versatile and light, fairly easy to use. Meant to clear dead space and to drop rounds over cover
>>
I have no idea as to legality here in the southern U.S.; I would suspect that like rocket launcher tubes it's the ammo/rocket/grenade that is regulated, not the launcher itself, but I don't want either enough to bother wading through ATF's rules.
>>
>>34662139
its a lost art.
>>
>>34662373
ATF has a website for these questions
>>
File: Dongola.jpg (220KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dongola.jpg
220KB, 1000x1000px
>>34662236
>"behaviour modification" rounds

>HEY YOU CUT THAT OUT
>FWOOF
>THUD
>>
>>34662373
Same as a suppressor. They're registered as a destructive device. M79s are around 15k+ but I haven't looked in years. LMT has M203 launchers for $1800 which is the better option anyway imo.
>>
>>34663179
>This kills the behaviour
>>
File: MFW18.png (237KB, 253x316px) Image search: [Google]
MFW18.png
237KB, 253x316px
>>34662236

>"behaviour modification" rounds
>>
>>34662808
>I would suspect that like rocket launcher tubes it's the ammo/rocket/grenade that is regulated, not the launcher itself
Lel. The AT4 tubes you see are single use. Since they're spent, they're just interesting-looking trash. They're uncontrolled for that reason. Anything reloadable is a destructive device.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snOV-F3u4-s
>>
File: 1500935763448.jpg (869KB, 2398x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1500935763448.jpg
869KB, 2398x1602px
>>34662236
>behaviour modification
>>
>>34662139

The M203 remains the most fun weapon I've ever fired. They're obviously useful weapons, but I'm not sure if there's any reason to use a standalone launcher when the M203 and M320 exist.
>>
>>34663313
If I were to buy a m203, could I make 40mm bird shot and use it for duck season?
>>
>>34663507
>If I were to buy a m203, could I make 40mm bird shot
With a $200 stamp per round.

>and use it for duck season?
Almost certainly not. Even if your state didn't consider it a destructive device, they'd probably call it a punt gun.
>>
>>34663507
>could I make 40mm bird shot
yes. that's what DDs are for. you only pay $200 for rounds containing explosives above 5g (?). They make adaptors to turn them into shotguns too.

>duck season
depends on state. not likely. you can shoot hogs / coyotes with anything here in TX though.
>>
>>34663633
>you only pay $200 for rounds containing explosives above 5g (?).
Nonsense.

26 U.S.C. § 5845(f).
>(2) Any weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter (.50 inches or 12.7 mm), except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes;

Notice how shotgun shells can be exempted. That means the cartridges for a >.5" bore firearm fall under the definition of a destructive device themselves, regardless of explosive nature.

You could get a 12ga adapter, since 12ga is exempted. But you can't go manufacturing >.50" cartridges all willy nilly.
>>
>>34662139
Played with 40mm launchers at work (prison). Pretty fun, we have CS, rubber stinger and nonlethal "nerf ball" rounds. Have yet to see them fired in anger tho.
>>
File: 500px-Watchmen_promo_01.jpg (94KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Watchmen_promo_01.jpg
94KB, 500x421px
>>34662236
>behaviour modification
so that's how you want it huh?
>>
>>34663718
>But you can't go manufacturing >.50" cartridges all willy nilly
no, that's not how it works
>>
>>34663718
How bout you shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about?

>The definition of a "destructive device" is found in 26 U.S.C. § 5845(f). The definition reads as follows:
(1) any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas, (A) bomb, (B) grenade, (C) rocket having a propellant charge of more than 4 ounces, (D) missile having an explosive charge of more than 1/4 ounce, (E) mine or (F) similar device.(2) Any weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter (.50 inches or 12.7 mm), except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes; and(3) Any combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting any device into a destructive device as defined in subparagraphs (1) and (2) and from which a destructive device may be readily assembled.The term destructive device shall not include any device which is neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon; any device, although originally designed for use as a weapon, which is redesigned for use as a signaling, pyrotechnic, line throwing, safety or similar device; surplus ordnance sold, loaned or given by the Secretary of the Army, pursuant to the provisions of section 4684(2), 4685, or 4686 of Title 10 of the United States Code; or any other device the Secretary finds is not likely to be used as a weapon, or is an antique or is a rifle which the owner intends to use solely for sporting purposes.[1]
>>
>>34662139
>Do you own one?

Atf pls
>>
>>34664866
>>34664866
>bore of more than one-half inch in diameter (.50 inches or 12.7 mm),

How does this leave .577 snider, nitro etc?
>>
>>34664898
non of the nigger here have DDs. that's why you get fags like >>34663718 who can't even understand basic fucking English.

>>34663507
>could I make 40mm bird shot
yeah. most 40mm rounds use .38 blanks for propulsion and are not NFA controlled.

>>34664908
keep reading till the end. .50 bmg would be NFA as it's .510 btw.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.