[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my eyes doesn't work at all and I'm planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1499242980305.jpg (26KB, 288x305px)
1499242980305.jpg
26KB, 288x305px
One of my eyes doesn't work at all and I'm planning on joining the navy once I'm out of school. Can I still join and what limits are there because of it?
>>
>>34661060
Just sign up for cybernetic eye trials.
>>
>>34661087
with all due respect anon, I'm not sure that's such a good idea
>>
File: 1500559153312.gif (454KB, 300x300px)
1500559153312.gif
454KB, 300x300px
>>34661060
You have to work on the poop deck
>>
>>34661104
I guess I should have known
>>
>>34661060
Become a pirate.
>>
File: 34923479232.jpg (36KB, 600x722px) Image search: [Google]
34923479232.jpg
36KB, 600x722px
That reminds me of my Great Uncle

>1950s, Great Uncle really wants to enlist, but is missing his left eye (infection during childhood)
>Being from a small hick town at that time, his medical records were nonexistent
>Happened to have a glass eye that was incredibly lifelike, and could fool most anyone who knew him casually
>He signs up for Army, lies about his eye, etc...
>Makes it to the medical inspection, and SOMEHOW manages to make it past them. (He claimed that the guy who looked him over looked like he was 12 years old and nervous on his first day on the job)
>Gets to basic training, no real incidents except some people call him 'lazy eye' because the glass moves out of sync with his other one
>One day about a week in, he's shining his boots while bullshitting with his bunkmate
>The guy tells a joke so funny that my uncle looses his concentration, and his glass eye launches out of his head when he doubles over in laughed
>At that exact moment, the Drill Sergeant was walking into the room
>After seeing a man's eye shoot out of his face like that, he almost had a mini-heart attack when it bounced towards him
>Uncle is immediately kicked out on a medical discharge, and told to never attempt to enlist again

I thought the story was guaranteed bullshit, but apparently my Great Uncle was angry as hell at himself till the day he died for fucking it up like that
>>
>>34661060
>navy
>not considering an eyepatch
what do you actually want to to in the navy
would not recommend gunner if you have one eye
>>
>>34661093
do it
for science
>>
>>34661060
Only serious answer you need is if your vision is not correctable to 20/20 with glasses, contacts or surgery NO US military branch will accept you. If you are blind in one eye you will NOT be accepted
>>
>>34661060
>Can I still join

probably not

ask a recruiter

usually they want healthy people because your eye problem will negatively affect your job performance and people will die

get a clue pal
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.