[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I ended up selling my Glock 19 because I shoot it so terribly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 14

File: Untitled.jpg (91KB, 1376x558px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
91KB, 1376x558px
I ended up selling my Glock 19 because I shoot it so terribly compared to my MK25. I am willing to pay double or more for either one of these.

Pistol number 1:
CZ Custom P-01 SDP $1299

Pistol number 2:
P229 Legion $1099

What do /k/?
>>
>>34661051
Buy ammo and practice.
>>
File: 1499560298489.jpg (121KB, 900x601px)
1499560298489.jpg
121KB, 900x601px
>>34661051
>What do /k/?

Go to a class with that money. No amount of super duper Legion/Wilson/CZ Custom will magically turn you into a better shooter.

If you're having issues shooting a Glock 19 at a reasonable level, you will have more issues shooting a TDA gun. I have seen it time and time; me outshooting people side by side that have these +$1,000 versions of the P226/P229, M9 with my bone stock German P226.

You know why I'm able to do this? I
>went to classes and learned
>I dry fire 3 times a week for 15 minute sessions
>I dry fire the DA pull and the transition from DA to SA specifically

I don't like posting this video but the guy has a point. Sure, he may recorded ALL of this warmed up and had to do a bunch of takes to get what he wanted on video but he has a point; it's you, not the gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl9pW43XWeg
>>
File: sighetti.jpg (967KB, 2656x1494px)
sighetti.jpg
967KB, 2656x1494px
>>34661051
I sold my Legion P226 and kept my Glock 19 and P2000. The Legion is a nice shooter, don't get me wrong but it wasn't my favorite.

Those guns are nice, but they won't actually make you shoot better if you can't shoot well to begin with.
>>
>>34661051
>because I shoot it so terribly compared to my MK25.
>because I shoot it so terribly
>I shoot so terribly

You suck, learn to not suck

>Get your natural point of aim
>Close eyes, lift pistol, open eyes, if you're not on target adjust feet as needed
>Firm two handed grip, grip it like you're about to pistol whip someone or swing a hammer
>Focus on the front sight, ignore stupid dots or white lines/trintium. Use the black outlines of the sights
>Focus on the front sight
>Breathe
>Start to press trigger, focus on the front sight and look for movement left or right
>Break the shot, focusing on the front sight and checking for movement
>Hold the trigger to the rear
>Recover from recoil
>Breathe
>Let trigger out to reset and no further do NOT let go of the trigger
>Focus on your front sight
>>
>>34662708
Bump for educational content
>>
>>34662708
>Let trigger out to reset and no further do NOT let go of the trigger

You should be resetting the trigger as the sights lift.

>front sight focus
>gun goes off
>eyes track sights during recoil
>reset the trigger
>sights come back on target
>press off for the next shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbCSpcrOsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7ahDcWjFZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbVi25ZeuQc
>>
>>34663019
Look mother fucker we have had this talk before! These are potato ass retard new shooters that think the gun is responsible for their lack of fundimentals, stop pushing your speed tac operator shit on tgem tgey aren't ready!

Fuck man, we destroyed an entire thread like three months ago with this shit. I thought this was established.
>>
>>34661051
Need to take that extra $500-700 you'd spend on m'CZ or muh we r legion and dump it into ammo or a class with a knowledgeable instructor.
>>
File: 1471581432620.jpg (196KB, 640x619px)
1471581432620.jpg
196KB, 640x619px
>>34663065
>stop pushing your speed tac operator shit on tgem tgey aren't ready!

You obviously haven't watched any of the videos. Babystepping them into doing this later on will make it a habit to pin the trigger. We're not discussing shooting on the move while holding your favorite body pillow in your offhand , shouting voice commands.

Breath control is also irrelevant. But you'll probably think I'm trying to tell people to turn purple as they go through whatever they're doing so this entire post is a waste of time isn't it? OP fucked off from the thread long ago and it's time for me to leave as well.
>>
>>34663147
I hate you so god damn much.

>Teaching them the fundimentals is bad

You were a tryhard faggot that acts like the McDojo "Instructors" in the last thread and nothing has changed in this one, you should never tell people how to shoot.
Let's see your groupings, let's see a video of you running a FAST drill
>>
>>34661051
USP 45 tactical.
>>
>>34663199
I want to hate you so much, but your live of that pistol just keeps making me think "Maybe he's not all bad"
>>
>>34663147
>Babystepping them into doing this
Is good, and required for someone that probably is still struggling with sight alignment.

>Breath control is also irrelevant.
It slows new shooters down so they can focus on each step individually and not just mag dump

>>34663019
This is how indoor ranges get holes in the ceiling, you are a mallninja.
>>
>>34663147
You're a bitch faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34663195
Oh, it's you. The tryhard. Don't tell me you're 7sevens7 or whatever that guy's name is. I remember you, here's the part you forgot about in pic in Tom Given's "Fighting Smarter". He knows a hell of a lot more about shooting than you will ever hope to.

>post your groups
>FAST DRILL FAST DRILL

aww, how cute. keep doing Todd's favorite drill, you're probably a one trick pony that works towards this drill, masturbating at the thought of getting a fast coin thinking it's the pinnacle of pistol shooting accomplishments.

Fantastic, good on you that you found out about PF, want a fucking cookie? Go away tryhard
>>
>>34663496
Not him, and you are still the tryhard here.

>Teaching fundimentals to first time absolutely new shooters
>"Just let go of the trigger the instant the gun fires"
>>
File: IMG_0327.jpg (102KB, 500x610px)
IMG_0327.jpg
102KB, 500x610px
>>34661051
>Legion
Fucking crigey faggot. Enjoy your super secret operator club
>>
>>34663496
This is you
>>
>>34663019
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbCSpcrOsw

Your own fucking battle belt sporting tacticool tryhard instructor just showed why this is stupid to teach new shooters. He releases control of the trigger almost every single shot and has blatant trigger slap at least once, all for 0.009 shaved off his split times.

You are a fucking toolbag
>>
File: 1498700323132.jpg (77KB, 640x628px)
1498700323132.jpg
77KB, 640x628px
>>34662708
This is a really good post.

>>34663019
Telling a green as grass shooter, who is clearly having trouble putting bullets in the intended location, to reset the trigger finger during the apex of recoil is counter productive. This can easily lead to bad habits and a lack of hebbian plasticity relating to the proper repetition on the trigger. You are addressing all the wrong aspects of trigger control, if the OP made a post about trying to bring his .40 splits down to .20, then you would be contributing contextually valid and merited information, but that's not the conversation.

>>34663496

The gentlemen of adroit reasoning that you have been arguing with isn't me, I'm the turbo autist tryhard, the reality is while what your saying IS good technique, it is NOT the proper introduction for a beginner.
>>
>>34661051
>$1299
>$1099

I think you should buy a Ruger .22 pistol for $350 and learn to fucking shoot.
>>
>>34661051
Everyone's calling you a baddie faggot but the trigger on the glock is ass and im also more accurate with other pistols.
>>
>>34664927
Yes, some triggers are "easier" to shoot and some triggers are "harder" or "less forgiving - wink wink LEM"

That said - the fundamental actions remain the same - press the trigger to the rear without disturbing the sights. That is the most important thing to accomplish with a pistol - when you can do this with a DAK - you will rape face with a stock Glock and you will literally throw down against god himself with a 1911 - the point is ignoring, avoiding or attempting to circumvent the mastery of this fundamental action is the WRONG approach.

>>34663496
Also jeez man, I know I'm a turbo autist with borderline personality disorder but I do have feels, why so buly, I do want my coin, but I run a myriad of drills including timed and slowfire at 25 on B8s and shieeet

>deleted and reposted because grammar
>>
>>34661051
>more money than sense: the OP
>>
>>34665133
Anything modern SIG falls into that category
>>
>>34663147
>>
>>34666409
Don't laugh at retards, it's not nice, his daddy tacti-tard told him this is the only way to do it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.