[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How favorably do universities look upon active duty service when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1390.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1390.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
How favorably do universities look upon active duty service when it comes to admissions?

I am currently enlisted, and might be selected to go back to school and earn a commission. I would like to apply to MIT, but have a shit college GPA from burning out and not admitting I had little desire to finish and stopped attending class. How could I best sell myself as someone who is active duty? People sell themselves to ivy schools by having extra curricular and interests and life experiences so maybe I should do the same? Maybe have my Captain write a letter of recommendation?
>>
>>34652534
Why not look into West Point? They're pretty much the only ones who would look really favorably on prior service
>>
>>34652539

Too old sen pai
>>
There should be a veterans point of contact at every school. Might have some pointers for you
>>
>I am currently enlisted, and might be selected to go back to school and earn a commission
Let that process take its course. They'll have colleges that are suitable and contacts in the admin staff there to put your application through.

>How favorably do universities look upon active duty service when it comes to admissions?
That really depends. Undergraduate courses, not much. Graduate programs are far more flexible, especially if it's something related to military work.
>>
>>34652534
It used to be looked on favorably but now academia is in the stranglehold of America hating communists and will view you as the enemy
>>
>>34652534
It can't hurt but there are literal entire states where the US Mil is the largest employer. Not going to score you that many brownie points.
>>
>>34653011
>actually believing this meme

stop drinking the kool-aid
>>
>>34652534
>How favorably do universities look upon active duty service when it comes to admissions?
very favorably. it's like being a nigger. 100% chance of getting grant money. gpa means nothing. talk to the vet association at the school. good luck man!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.