[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I'm starting a knife collection and I need opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: black_joker_2048x2048.jpg (62KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
black_joker_2048x2048.jpg
62KB, 700x700px
Guys, I'm starting a knife collection and I need opinions and advice.

i have a shit ton to learn about them too, so drop some stuff.

pic is the one that i am getting
>>
Bait, ignore.
>>
You get what you pay for.

https://www.coldsteel.com/

https://www.kabar.com/

the only 2 brands I'd trust
>>
Well to start with, do you know the inspiration for that knife you're buying? It's loosely based on the Robbie Dalton "Cupid," but the blade looks like a Microtech. Go check out some of the stuff he put out during his career. Almost every modern auto knife owes something to one of Robbie Dalton's designs
>>
>>34652190
Pls no. Even Kershaw's cheap chinese knives are better than this.
>>
Tac force and other 5-$10 knives are fine if you only intend to open envelopes and boxes. Those cheaper knives tend to wear out quick with any moderate use in a month or two though, the assisted open springs wear out, lots of blade play, blade eventually rubs on handles making opening and closing difficult, etc. You're better off spending $30-$60 for something of decent quality that will take some abuse, if you can afford it. What will you mostly be using your knife for op?
>>
File: Sage leaves.jpg (23KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
Sage leaves.jpg
23KB, 700x466px
>>34652190
Lurk more and check the catalog before you make threads. Also if you're going to have a collection don't have a million cheap knives, you'll regret it later.
>>
>>34652202
Poor B8 M8
>>
File: Fallkniven-F1.jpg (470KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fallkniven-F1.jpg
470KB, 1600x1200px
>>34652190
>Google Image Search
You're welcome
>>
File: 20170106_182542.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170106_182542.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>34652190
Cheap steel knives are ok to start out with. Buy yourself a 3 stone kit and learn to put an edge on your cheap chink blades before you sharpen a 100 dollar plus knife. Then you can start buying "super steel" knives and not be afraid of ruining an edge because you dont know how to sharpen a knife. I like 1095, cpm3v, aus8 for my better blades. Some companies have better heat treatment for blades than others thus making them more durable so keep that in mind.
>>
>>34652190
shit b8 m8
>>
>>34652190
Before you're really sure you want to delve into hundred dollar plus blades that are only worth a shit because of the name stamped onto it, buy a bunch of chink knockoffs from dhgate or aliexpress for hella cheap and see if you really want to start collecting knives.
>>
>>34652190
Buy an emerson if you want top quality collectables not Chinese 5 dollar knives.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.