[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some pistols usually considered to have "good"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ppqm2-left[1].jpg (32KB, 940x600px) Image search: [Google]
ppqm2-left[1].jpg
32KB, 940x600px
What are some pistols usually considered to have "good" triggers? I have a browning hi power and everyone says it has a shitty trigger but I've never had a problem with it.

>pic related is one of the first results when you google "good pistol trigger"
>>
PPQ, 1911, CZ-75
>>
>>34651164
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Trigger-Ultralight-Match-Medium-Pad/productinfo/190M/
>>
VP9
>>
>>34651173
Good to know, my range has all of these available for rental. I'll definitely be trying them out the next time I'm there.
>>
>>34651164
The biggest problem with triggers is that the more complex they are, the worse they are. That's why single-action pistols are known for having the best triggers. Any trigger considered good is one that tries to have as little variation as possible between shots. 1911s are good examples, as are old S&W revolvers -- heavy double-action triggers, but very smooth and consistent. PPQs have good triggers because they're pre-cocked, it's a single-action striker. LEM triggers on H&Ks try to go down the revolver route, aiming for heavy, long, double-action triggers with as little wasteful motion as possible and clean breaks. The only DA/SA that has a reputation of even having an acceptable trigger is the CZ-75.
>>
>>34651164
Any Sig with an SRT kit installed has a pretty good trigger
>>
>>34651164
1911s

CZ SP01 Shadow

That's about it. Some of the fancier DA/SA guns with safeties (i.e. Tanfos) can be made disgustingly good - but they're still DA/SA. Beretta/SIG triggers fall in this category as well.

Traditional CZ triggers are bad by design, the hammer hooks dictate that the hammer MUST cam backward before the trigger breaks (built-in creep).

Hi-Power / P35 pattern triggers are historically not great in stock form due to the mag disconnect. Browning seems to have addressed this in recent years but good luck finding a new Hi-Power in a gun store.

For the average striker shooter, moving up to a properly-built 1911 in 9mm can be really eye-opening. My first exposure was wild. I'm not a great shooter and my groups went from 2-4" at 7 yards with lots of focus to right at 1" or better without having to work for it at all. It was freakin' liberating.

With good mags, modern 9mm 1911s are pretty reliable if extractor tension is right. Colt seems to be incapable of tensioning a 9mm extractor properly right now as there are widespread reports to that effect, so you should assume you'll have to do it yourself. Note that tension and extractor hook orientation on a 9mm is fundamentally different from .45 Auto.

The downside is that well-built 9mm 1911s are EXPENSIVE. Once you get beyond Colt / Springfield / Dan Wesson, you're into Baer and Wilson territory.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.