[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>.45ACP and 147gr subsonic 9mm, when coupled with a good suppressor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: s640x480.jpg (39KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
s640x480.jpg
39KB, 640x336px
>.45ACP and 147gr subsonic 9mm, when coupled with a good suppressor are so silent that the gun's action or the bullet hitting the plate makes more noise than the firing
how true is this, /k/?
>>
File: delisle1.jpg (75KB, 800x332px) Image search: [Google]
delisle1.jpg
75KB, 800x332px
Quite true for something purpose-built and integrally suppressed like the De Lisle silent carbine or the Welrod. Less true for common guns with mounted cans.
>>
>>34648230
A basic bitch suppressor is going to be about as effective as earpro. It's still going to be very obvious that there was a gun fired.

Now, if you've got some fancy-ass supressor, likely integrally designed as part of the weapon and subsonic ammo, it's possible, but even then you're going to get one "Hollywood" shot, another five or ten that are pretty quiet, and after that you're back to basic bitch supressor volumes until you can swap out the wipes with new ones.
>>
>>34648277

Depends to be honest.

I may or may not have made a home made suppresor. And I may, or may not have fired it in my home. And it may have been a simple screw on type.

I may have done it with a subsonic .22, and I may have gotten off more than 50 rounds and they were Hollywood quiet

Of course that was with a .22, 9mm i can't say for sure.
>>
>>34648277
>It's still going to be very obvious that there was a gun fired.
suppressors may not be that good at reducing noise but they sure as hell are good at masquerading it
first time i've seen a guy shooting a suppressed glock (not sure what model or round) but whenever he fired it sounded like something heavy fell off to the ground and SIGNIFICANTLY (still, not hollywood tier) less noise, take that in an urban environment with people yelling, talking, moving shit, cars, horns etc etc and i think you'd be nearly unheard of

as for the noise reduction
>9mm subsonic usually 160db unsuppressed
>today's suppressors are a decent 30-40db reduction, leaving it to a 130-120 db range
and since Decibels are a logarithmic scale
>160 db ratio: 31622776
>120 db ratio: 1000000
40 decible difference, 30 times quieter
THIRTY TIMES QUIETER

but still, even after that it's still a big amount of noise
>>
>>34648343
Please tell us more
>>
>>34648271
When will this meme die? The 70 decibels claim is complete BS, with both the De Lisle and Welrod making at least 130 decibels.
>>
File: bubble ball.jpg (534KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bubble ball.jpg
534KB, 800x800px
>breaking news
>man uses plastic bubble to fire gun 100% silently
>if you see this man rolling through your neghborhood, call the police
>>
File: octane 9.jpg (337KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
octane 9.jpg
337KB, 1400x933px
I'm just here to watch.
>>
>>34648343
where did you fire 50 rounds off inside of a house? did you just make an absolute mess
>>
File: IMG_6775.jpg (28KB, 417x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6775.jpg
28KB, 417x486px
>>34650687
>he doesn't have a clearing bucket
>>
>>34649597
>he paid $900 for a can that's less effective than a $200 form 1
>>
Semi-related: I had a chance to shoot a Nagant 1895 with a suppressor on it today. Son of a bitch was quiet.
>>
>>34648230
I didn't think the Metro revolver carbine was real, holy crap.
>>
>>34650687
not him but phonebooks are the target of choice for covert basement ranges
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.