[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, if you buy an upper and a lower at the same time, they cancel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-07-24-08-40-22.png (114KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-24-08-40-22.png
114KB, 540x960px
So, if you buy an upper and a lower at the same time, they cancel your order and charge you a fee?

The fuck?
>>
Who does this? And just put it in two separate orders, lower has to ship to an ffl anyway.
>>
>>34643976
Karri's guns. Was interested in their 10mm AR upper.

But 25% cancellation fee? That's sleazy even if its easy to do two separate orders.
>>
>>34643990
Well I mean, they clearly lay it out right above not to do it. If you're retarded enough to do something they said not to no shit they're going to penalize you.
>>
>>34644032
But why? Seems arbitrary. I'm sure PSA gets similar orders all day long. Do they keep a quarter of your money?
>>
>>34644032
>>34644046
their software should just flat out not allow it. This is sleazy af.
>>
>>34644046
psa used to add 10% to your order if you bought a lower and the rest of it at the same time. dunno if they still do it
>>
>>34644092
Never heard of this.

Had no idea it was even a thing. Sure it isn't just separate shipping charges?

Still much more reasonable than an automatic cancellation and 25% cancellation fee, when you're clearly trying to give the company your money already.
>>
with the term knockdown it makes me think that by them doing sales of both an upper and lower together it deals with the FAET which is an 11% tax

https://www.ttb.gov/firearms/faet-faqs.shtml
>>
>>34643990
That's incredibly sleezy. If I'm quickly checking out it would never occur to me to look for such a thing or even consider it a problem.

>in b4 hurr durr read the fine print
I'm sure you can recite all 30 pages of your iPhones ToS
>>
>>34644563
Then they should have their system set up to not allow such orders to be made.

The current set up makes them money, potentially lots of it, based on a genuine order.

That's scam worthy in my opinion.
>>
>>34646212
I would call my credit card company and have them hold the charge. That's outrageous they'd charge a 25% restock fee on some shit that literally didn't move
>>
>>34644136
its a tax on complete firearms that doesnt apply to parts.
>>
>>34647968
Makes sense. But part of the business shouldn't be used to take advantage of customers.
>>
>>34643965
can someone explain why sellers do this?

A lower is a firearm. It is regulated as a firearm. You have to get background checked just like a firearm, because it is a firearm.

>F I R E A R M
>I
>R
>E
>A
>R
>M

So WHY is ordering a complete FIREARM ok, but if I order a lower with an upper somehow it is the end of the world?

Is it because they don't want FFL's receiving non-firearm parts?
>>
>>34647968
Then it should be automatically included in the price or offer to have the purchases seperated. A 25% automatic cancellation fee is so predatory I question whether it's legal.
>>
>>34643990
>10mm AR upper.
I'm enough of a retard to actually want this.
Between this and the 5.7 Upper I might make it my goal to collect all of the autistic uppers
>>
>>34648091
Looking at ballistic data, 45 from a 16 inch barrel had the same or slightly more energy, outside of the hottest loadings, where 10mm takes a 10% lead... Gets in the ball park of 5.56.

Would be interesting to compare wounds but I'd imagine it would be similar to 45.
>>
>>34648050
its probably them not wanting to deal with calculating the tax. its seems simple but you could have a billion combinations depending on what you order. with complete guns that tax is already factored into the price.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.