[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

give me one reason why we shouldnt name our vessels with corporate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: USSMassachusetts[1].jpg (80KB, 900x417px) Image search: [Google]
USSMassachusetts[1].jpg
80KB, 900x417px
give me one reason why we shouldnt name our vessels with corporate sponsorships for extra government funding?

the USS Ronald McDonald aircraft carrier for example

or the USS Home Depot, finest battleship in the fleet
>>
>>34636091
i just solved the budget crisis

youre welcome everyone
>>
Yeah and camouflage is obsolete anyway, we should allow painting of corporate logos and slogans on uniforms and vehicles.
>>
espirit de corps
>>
>>34636091
International respect. Divide between corporations and the government. Companies not wanting to be associated with weapons of war. Etc. There are more than enough reasons why this wouldnt work.
>>
>>34636091

Why not? We already have an aircraft carrier named "Ford."
>>
Then suddenly corporation turn on the goverment and you become slaves like in the start of the industrial revolution
>>
File: DFYjNENXsAASBOz[1].jpg (60KB, 657x792px) Image search: [Google]
DFYjNENXsAASBOz[1].jpg
60KB, 657x792px
>>34636274
this is the image that got me started on this thought
>>
>>34636091
>USS Ronald McDonald
>Only food allowed onboard is McDonald stuff
I want it.
>>
>>34636274
We Shadowrun nao, chummer
>>
>>34636091
Because the whole point of a government is to make it the sole supplier and only righteous applier of violence, being controlled (at least in theory) by elected representatives of the people and hence are assumed to act in the public interest. Sponsorship inherently implies funding in return for support, hence acting not in the public's interest.

An interesting exception would be the battleship HMS Malaya, which was paid for entirely by Malaya (a British colony at the time). However this was to increase the strength of the RN, without giving Malaya any control, and was done by the colonial government so it doesn't really count.
>>
Toyota got a whole war named after them just for having large branding on the back of their pickup trucks.
>>
I have a good list of sponsors for ships and planes.
>USS Taco Bell
>Rename the F22 The F22 Whataburger
>Name an aircraft carrier after Wal-Mart.
>Rename the LTS's in the US Fleet after Starbucks and Target.
>Abrams battle tank, naaaaa Now it's the Chiquita Banana tank.
>>
>>34636091

Costco is gonna want in on some of that action
>>
>>34638239
any true red blooded american company should
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.