[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I fucked up. No it's not an ND, AD situation. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Cookie Shower Gun.png (152KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
Cookie Shower Gun.png
152KB, 400x282px
Guys, I fucked up.
No it's not an ND, AD situation. It's a wrong/poor reaction situation.
Heard a loud noise last night in my house (I live alone, no pets) and I just jumped up and ran, unarmed, to investigate. Once I checked all exterior doors upstairs, and moved toward the basement to check the basement door (house is built on a hillside so one side of the basement has an exterior door) I realized I should grab my shotgun and light before heading downstairs so I did. House cleared, all doors and windows secured, no intruders.

After the adrenaline calmed down and I was able to think about what I had just done, I realized how stupid it was to go investigate the source of the noise unarmed. But that was my reaction. No thinking, just reacting.

How can I train myself to think more clearly in a situation like that and not just run toward the sound? To grab my shotgun and light, and calmly slowly investigate?

(turned out the new shower curtain rod wasn't up securely and fell to the floor making a loud metal on ceramic sound, and knocking over a metal trashcan in the process)
>>
>>34633759
when you hear a loud noise, get your shotgun. ez. i dont understand the question, like, just get your shotgun???? lmao
>>
>>34633774
I need to retrain how I react. To think before reacting. I jumped up and ran without thinking. I need to not do that.
It's easy to say "don't do that...do this" but when the shit goes down (as I thought it had, but thankfully had not) it's a different story.
>>
>>34633759
Stop being a sperg and think about things for an extra 2 seconds. You're not going to train to not be a spaz, you need to stop being a spaz. Stop yourself and think.
>>
>>34633774
>>34633811
>don't do this, do that

Alright then. Problem solved. You guys were tons of help. Thanks.
>>
File: 1500686772560.jpg (77KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
1500686772560.jpg
77KB, 927x380px
>>34633759
>turned out the new shower curtain rod wasn't up securely and fell to the floor making a loud metal on ceramic sound, and knocking over a metal trashcan in the process

Bitch you have fucking skeletons ravaging your shower curtain. Get an exorcist.
>>
File: 1496255421432.png (121KB, 312x269px) Image search: [Google]
1496255421432.png
121KB, 312x269px
>>34633818
Did you really expect a .pdf on how not to be a retard?
>>
File: 1500573712704.png (3KB, 408x240px) Image search: [Google]
1500573712704.png
3KB, 408x240px
>create sign on your side of the door
> "it's fucking stupid to go alone, here, take this" with a stencil of your gun
> "oh yeah, I dont want to fucking die, better grab my gun, thanks sign"
>??????
>PROFIT!
>>
>>34633759
Well you just learned a valuable lesson without having any serious consequences.

Now you need to separate yourself from the niggers and actually remember a valuable lesson.
>>
Honestly just start doing clearing drills on a regular basis. I have the opposite of your problem, I'm grabbing my gun for every stray cat that sets off the motion detector lights
>>
Survival of the fittest, which in this case, would have been the intruder, who would have killed you easily and then been rewarded with a loaded shotgun, sitting propped up next to your bed.
>>
>>34633759
Add an extra step into leaving your room. I place my dumbbells Infront of my door. You could change out your door handle to need a key on both sides, anything to slow you down and give you some time to think.
>>
>>34633788
Change your response drill?
Or have a response drill and practice it. Just like fire drills.
Train hard so you act and not just react yadda yadda etc.
>>
>>34633759

Easy fix. Get yourself some PTSD by checking out a disturbance while unarmed. Because you're unarmed, you'll be at a disadvantage and unable to defend yourself against the dindu who will proceed to shoot and/or beat you to within an inch of your life.

If you survive, you'll live the rest of your life in paranoia and any time you so much as even hear a squirrel rustling in a tree outside, you'll be diving for your gun as automatically as your instinct to breathe.

Hope this helps, anon.
>>
>>34633759
>set a loud alarm to go off downstairs at a random time during the night
>as it goes off, get up and practice your response drill, making sure to treat it as if it were a real intruder
>repeat as many times as necessary until it sinks in
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.