[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I've been shooting guns my whole life but I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 40-Reasons-to-Ban-Guns.jpg (643KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
40-Reasons-to-Ban-Guns.jpg
643KB, 2560x1600px
Hey /k/, I've been shooting guns my whole life but I never needed to own one.
Its been 4 years since I've moved out.
I've been mugged twice since then and the 2nd time was by a drugged up woman who ended up stabbing me in the arm.
Im on a budget so preferred under 500-600.
What would your suggestions be?
I'm not super familiar with what calibers are good for self defense.
>>
No guns faggot here, but most common recommendations I've seen for self defense here were :
>Hi Point pistol, 9mm
>Glock 19, 9mm
>1911, .45 ACP
>Sig P226
I have no idea what these cost, but hopefully it will help
>>
>>34627250
>Not disarming the druggie and raping her

>>34627309
How about don't give out advice if you don't know what you're talking about.
Hi-Points are for niggers and poorfags. He said his budget was 500 to 600. Your other 3 suggestions are too big for concealed carry anyways.
>>
Ideally FN 5-7, but those are over $1000. FNs might be in your budget
>>
>>34627371
So, Glock 29/23/26?
>>
File: colt.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
colt.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>34627250
honestly whatever you come across really.
.38, 9mm, .380 if you find a good price.
it doesnt matter.
believe me. you arent gonna have the gun on you next time you get mugged anyways.

just get something small. dont worry about capacity or caliber. the ruger chick guns are pretty decent. LCR, LC9.
just dont get an M&P shield in .40. worst gun Ive ever shot. then again I have small hands.
worry more about how and where youre gonna carry it.
a used snub nose should be like 300$ if you can find one. but youre probably gonna end up with a compact glock variation.
>>
File: CZ Pistols.jpg (319KB, 1263x947px) Image search: [Google]
CZ Pistols.jpg
319KB, 1263x947px
>>34627250
First off, get a 9mm, it is cheap, widely available, has low recoil, and has a higher capacity.

As far as model goes, go to a gun store and hold a few, see what feels good in your hand. Most modern handguns are generally reliable, just make sure you STAY FAR AWAY from Taurus and Remington products. They might work, they might not, that is not a chance I want to take with a self defense weapon.

I prefer CZs, but DA/SA guns take some getting use to compared to striker fired guns. It is all personal preference really.
>>
>>34627250
m&p shield for 450$
good carry gun
>>
>>34627309
Hi-Points work, but they are heavy, not ergonomic, and only hold ten rounds.

Glock 19 is a solid choice, reliable and simple. However most striker fired handguns are Glock clones with different features. Use a Glock as a baseline and compare others from there.

1911s are not bad, but really unless you want a FAWTY FIH, there is no reason to pick one up, other than ergonomics and looks.

SIGs are good, but they are expensive and bulky.
>>
>>34627250
get a Beretta Px4 Storm police trade-in. Don't care about caliber - duty ammo in any caliber has pretty much identical terminal ballistics.
>>
>>34627717
>m&p shield for 450$
those are literally $279 after rebate kikestein.
>>
File: Tim Doesn't Think So.gif (3MB, 281x295px) Image search: [Google]
Tim Doesn't Think So.gif
3MB, 281x295px
>>34627380
Have fun with your proprietary, 50 cents a round ammo.
>>
>>34627804
>50 cents a round ammo.
what's it like being in a coma since 2008?
>>
>>34627250
What state do you live in? Does it readily allow for concealed carry?
>>34627309
Hi-Points are only good if you're absolutely poor. I have one because I bought it for $70 for kicks and it does work, but I'd much rather take my Glock 23 into battle and it only cost me $400.
>Glock 19
Reasonable choice. I didn't really want to own a Glock but ended up stumbling upon a good deal and buying one anyway. You do have to keep in mind that with a round chambered there's nothing but a light trigger pull to set it off. It can be carried safely because the trigger is designed to not fire if some kind of obstruction snags it (but only in MOST cases). If you prefer more peace of mind than that, Springfield XD series are basically the same gun only with a grip safety.

For true CC I'd advise a 26. For general purpose a 19 is good. 23s can be had for a good price used because lol40 and PD trade-ins and can also be converted down to 9mm with a barrel swap. 17s and 22s are too big. 27s and 30s are too small for their caliber IMO.
>1911
They tend to only work well with 5" barrels which don't conceal super well, although the guns are slim enough to pocket easier than one might think.
>P226
Too expensive and also not a pocket gun by any stretch. A surplus W. German P6 maybe.

I'd also recommend looking at Ruger LCRs or LCPs. Bersa Thunder. There's also compact/subcompact subcompact versions of a lot of modern pistols like the Beretta Px4, CZ-75, S&W M&P etc.
>>34627380
That's well outside of OP's budget.
>>
Just buy a Shield and be done with it. Or an XDs if you don't care about the Springfield meme.
>>
>>34627250
buy a ruger LCP and spend the rest of the money on a good pocket holster, good self defense ammo, your conceal carry permit fees, and spend the rest on cheap range ammo and fucking practice with it.
>>
File: 1487606293569.png (536KB, 539x569px) Image search: [Google]
1487606293569.png
536KB, 539x569px
>>34627767

>glocks are a baseline

Single greatest way to choose the pistol you want. I started with m&p to be a snowflake before I found I should have just stuck with the glock though
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.