[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are PT92s shit? Has anyone had any bad issues with them? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: tauruspt92a.jpg (16KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
tauruspt92a.jpg
16KB, 400x267px
Are PT92s shit? Has anyone had any bad issues with them? I'm looking to buy one from a friend.
>>
>>34626779
Supposedly they're okay, but why risk it? Anything Taurus made is a gamble.
>>
>>34626779
>Taurus
no thanks. sooner spend a little more or not and just get a police trade in Beretta 92 if want one that bad.
>>
They're fine. Takes most if the Beretta 92 series parts, mec-gar makes good quality mags for them and the guns can be bought very cheaply with nice opions. It's not as nice of a gun as the 92fs, but the controls fit some people better.

It won't be as smooth or as pretty but it's well worth the price if you buy below msrp and I say this as a Beretta fanboy. I've had 3 and only one had failure that was caused by it being disgustingly dirty and gummed up. Could even tell it had 3-dot sights when I got it. Always end up selling em to interesting friends because I had other guns including a Cougar, 96fs and a cheetah
>>
Police surplus 92Ds are $300 right now, I'd get one over a Taurus any day.
That said, Taurus took over a Beretta factory in Brazil to get started making these, so they actually have the right technical expertise and tooling to do a good job of it. Only legitimately good thing Taurus makes.
>>
>>34626779
>>34626797
The pt92 is pretty much the only Taurus product that's actually ok. They were made on Beretta tooling and the huehues got trained by Beretta. I had one and they're fine. Basically exactly the same as the Beretta 92
>>
>>34626779
I had a 92 AF with the railed frame. It was pretty cheap when I got it. Worked OK for the most part. Accuracy was good. Reliability not so much. I was stuck with 2 factory 10-round magazines, one of which constantly caused problems, the other only marginally better. Getting Mec-Gars at the time was impossible. Ended up flipping it because idiots on Calguns pay a massive premium for off-roster guns. I prefer one of the Ruger P89s I had, similar overall feel and layout, but bomb-proof engineering.

PT-92 does have a frame safety, which I admit is nicer than the slide safety. That said...
>>34627947
Get not that, but one of the Italian 92S pistols. They have a magazine release down by the heel (it's still push-button, just in a different location). About half of the Beretta 92 aftermarket mags have a second mag catch for that heel release.
http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/beretta-model-92s-9mm.html
>>
>>34627947
Where are you finding them for $300?
>>
>>34628327
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411555636/Firearms/Used+Guns/Police+Trade-Ins/Used+Beretta+92S+Italian+Police+15%2B1
+9mm+4.9

http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/beretta-model-92s-9mm.html

I also found this:
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/category.cfm/CurrentPage/1/sportsman/used-firearms
They even have a USP for $450. It's a .40, but still... that's a good-ass deal.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/196033
>>
>>34628385
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Where did you finding surplus 92D for $300?
>>
>>34626779
They're decent. Made in a Beretta factory that Taurus bought, and lifetime warranty on the gun, even if you get it used. Fit and finish is a little lower than a Beretta 92. Reliability is the same.

Taurus Guns come new with some kind of grease on them, I suspect a lot of issues people have with Taurus comes from not cleaning that sticky stuff properly.

>>34628089
Admittedly, Taurus factory magazines are mediocre. People say the same about nearly all factory mags though. Pro-Mag's are hit or miss, and Mec Gar's are generally decent.

Police trade in guns can be hit or miss as well, Some are maintained properly, and can be immaculate; others are issued to Officer No-Lube and might have strange wear patterns. I wouldn't buy one without handling it before purchase.
>>
>>34628479
Passed on a Police trade-in 92D last month at my LGS for 360.
I was thinking of the 92S though when I said it, though. My bad. I'm not a big Beretta buff, I just have a 92FS for the sake of 80s action movie appreciation.
>>
>>34628502
>Taurus Guns come new with some kind of grease on them, I suspect a lot of issues people have with Taurus comes from not cleaning that sticky stuff properly.
My friend has a taurus 9mm (don't know the model) that had the front sight fly off twice. So it's not just cycling issues.
>>
>>34628089
>About half of the Beretta 92 aftermarket mags have a second mag catch for that heel release

The 15 round factory ones do, unfortunately the 17, 20, and 30 round ones do not. If you have balls and a dremel you can cut your own mag cut out though.
Still worth it though for $300. They seem to be in good condition, got a nearly perfect one myself and even the most beat ones I've seen online look like a good deal at that price.
>>
>>34628089
>Get not that, but one of the Italian 92S pistols. They have a magazine release down by the heel (it's still push-button, just in a different location). About half of the Beretta 92 aftermarket mags have a second mag catch for that heel release.

Or bypass that by getting a 92D and swapping $25 worth of parts for a slick slide SAO or DA/SA with a regular mage release that'll take EVERY 92 mag.
>>
PT92's are exact copies of the early Beretta 92.

They are even built on the same machines with the same tooling that Taurus bought from Beretta.

The PT92 and PT1911 are extremely solid and are probably the only Taurus models I'd own.
>>
>>34629766
B O O F
O
O
F
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.