[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Browsing 4chan at work edition >Discord https://discorda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 39

File: work_meme.jpg (73KB, 511x686px) Image search: [Google]
work_meme.jpg
73KB, 511x686px
Browsing 4chan at work edition

>Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
File: 1499966077849.jpg (106KB, 600x828px) Image search: [Google]
1499966077849.jpg
106KB, 600x828px
Will Trump start a war with NK?
>>
File: space cadets.png (69KB, 1715x295px) Image search: [Google]
space cadets.png
69KB, 1715x295px
>>34624564

awww why could thread not be the "enlisted astronaut space cadet edition"

>>34624581

no, he will pay blackwater to fight our wars for us
>>
Can anyone comment on Air Force OTS availability? I heard somewhere that they're already filled until Fall of FY 2018. Will I have to wait over a year just to go to OTS?
Related, when is the next Selection Board meeting?
>>
>>34624773
>when is the next Selection Board meeting?
ask a recruiter
>>
I am shipping in a couple of months for usmc boot camp. My requested job (small weapons tech/armorer) got screwed up, so I need to come up with some new job ideas. I don't really want infantry, something kind of technical would be preferred. Does anyone have anything that comes to mind that might be considered "fun" or any good websites to look at for more info?
>>
>>34624626
>blackwater

use the right name fag
>>
>>34626315
>implying the wouldn't readopt their original, more badass name when they fight the glory wars for trump
>>
>>34626315
About that name, is there a reference I'm missing? Where I'm from, blackwater refers to sewage, so probably not the connotation you want for your company.
>>
>>34626713
Blackwater is/was a pmc group, now it is named academi (sp?).
>>
I got in trouble in high school for browsing /b/ on a school computer and since people knew what it was everyone thought I was a weirdo and it was generally well known that I used 4chan because I was an edgy cunt at the time

If this came up for some reason in a security clearance investigation could that be a problem?
>>
>>34627518
No, guy
>>
>>34626713
I never thought of that until I saw pipes or tanks coming from a shitter in Afghanistan marked "black water." I got a good chuckle out of it
>>
Is running a 5k a good place to be ready for Basic?
>>
>>34627772
What branch?
>>
>>34627856
Navy
>>
>>34627866
Oh. I don't know anything about the Navy but for the Marines your initial strength test involves a 1.5 mile run in at least 13:30. I imagine if you can run a 5k at a decent pace you should be good
>>
>>34627886
Oh yeah, I can do that. Cool.
Thanks
>>
>>34627772
yeah but you also want to practice pushups and situps

make sure you practice right
pushups need to be back straight, chest has to hit the ground on the way down
2 minutes, try for 80 pushups, rest only in the up position
situps: arms crossed over your chest, elbows have to hit your knees
80 in 2 mins
>>
>>34628057
>chest has to hit the ground on the way down
>elbows have to hit your knees
Terminated

The chest can't hit the ground as that would help you bounce back up. Go low enough so that your upper arms are parallel to the marching surface, while keeping your body straight the whole time

Your elbows can't touch your knees since it can be perceived as you trying to hold yourself up using your elbows. Keep your elbows away from your knees if you're gonna rest during the situps.
>>
>>34628057
>>34628118
When you do a sit up, are you allowed to have your feet anchored?
>>
>>34628136
The test requires someone holding your feet, but I recommend you train unassisted while trying to keep your feet on the ground since that way you only use your ab muscles.

On the test, if you use your hip flexors a lot for sit ups, you'll feel the muscle fatigue on the 2-mile run.
>>
What am I supposed to do with all my anime figures if I join the Army?
>>
>>34628317

You can have them as soon as you get out of BCT in most places. I knew tons of guys with that stuff in the barracks, even during AIT.
>>
>>34628518
I know you share a living area, but do share bedrooms too
>>
>>34628596

Depends on the barracks. In AIT you'll usually share a sleeping area (bunk bed style), afterwards, you'll usually have a wall of some kind but it depends.
>>
>>34624564
blue boards are SFW though.....mostly
Don't go on /fit/ too much. It can get a little questionable
>>
>>34628920
Who is this aimed at?
>>
>>34626964

it was blackwater- blackwater multinational- xe - acedemi (becasue a name change makes all your past go away)

>>34628317
do you have a parents attic? you can always just leave them in your locker in a box once you are done with training.

i dont know what specific policy at your unit is though.
>>
>>34629064
OP being a paranoid asshole and saying you gotta bypass multiple measures to simply browse 4chan
>>
I know you're not allowed to have your cell phones during Muhreen boot camp but how about MOS school, specifically ITB?
>>
File: crying pepe.jpg (27KB, 536x521px) Image search: [Google]
crying pepe.jpg
27KB, 536x521px
>>34628920
>tfw regurarly browse the hentai games thread on /vg/
Am I done for?
>>
There have been a lot of questions on past /meg/'s in regards to running. I'm not currently in the military, but I can help with any questions regarding getting in shape with running.
>>
>>34629237
It's a normie-tier meme and it went straight over your head. Also browsing 4chan on a DoD network is a big no.

0/10 literal autism.
>>
>>34629468
I just went from 2200ft to 4500ft of elevation

How fucked am I?

Also, assuming the same elevation, how does warm temp vs. near freezing temp affect your running?
>>
>>34629468
What's the proper pushup look like?
I keep seeing "fitness trainers" saying shit like you need your helps to be physically touching your chest in order for it to count.

Does it really?
>>
>>34629515
Shouldn't be too bad.

I went from 0ft to 6500, that added about 1.5 minutes to my 1.5 mile time.
>>
>>34629515
>I just went from 2200ft to 4500ft of elevation
>How fucked am I?
It'll take a toll on your oxygen delivery, so you'll have a harder time breathing and you'll probably get fatigued faster. The altitude itself won't effect you as far as injuries go, so you have no worries about getting a stress fracture or anything like that. I'm assuming you're in a more mountainous area, so just be smart about the terrains you're running on.
>Also, assuming the same elevation, how does warm temp vs. near freezing temp affect your running?
In freezing temps, make sure you really warm up and wear appropriate clothing. If you don't warm your muscles up properly, you greatly increase the risk you'll injury one of your muscle groups.
>>
>>34629521
Refer to>>34628118

Like I said, I'm not currently in, or have ever been in, the military yet, so I can't really answer any questions regarding form for that. I did do cross country and track up to college, so I can answer most questions regarding getting in shape with running.
>>
>>34629562
Is the cold air harder to breathe in when running?
>>
File: 1497159131753.jpg (340KB, 635x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1497159131753.jpg
340KB, 635x1388px
>>34624564
>>
>>34629643
Yes. You can kind of offset this by having a good warm-up, but there's really only so much you can do. You're lungs are going to burn regardless, assuming you're running fast enough.
>>
>>34629643
>>34629690
On the bright side, whenever you move to a warmer area with a lower altitude, your runs are going to be a lot easier.
>>
>>34629683
What?
>>
>>34629690
I imagine you'd actually run a bit faster since cold air is denser
>>
>>34629725
No, it's harder to breathe so your body fatigues faster.
>>
>>34629587
How feasible is it to go from a 12 min 1.5 mile to 10 min? I've got about 30 min on the weekdays to dedicate to running.

FWIW I have shit-tier genetics, I have to work to get to the level that most of my peers are at without working out at all.
>>
>>34629773
There are two aspects to improving speed over a long distance: oxygen delivery and lactic workouts.

Running longer distances is really the only way to improve your oxygen delivery. The longer you run, the better tolerance your lungs will have for the shorter distances. It'll help further if do two of these runs a week fast (it's fine if the distance is a little shorter than one of your more relaxed runs, just don't have too much of a difference in distance.) Be sure to space these two runs out. Have a day or two of recovery runs in between. And be smart on the recovery runs, don't go faster than your body feels like going. You'll you run the risk of injuring yourself if you aren't smart about your recovery.

Lactic workouts are the best way to strengthen your fast-twitch muscles, and improve your speed. These are the workouts that'll make you sore. Ideally, doing 2-4 100 meter springs at at least 80% will be enough for you to improve. This is another workout that you'll only want to do twice a week, or else you'll over work and possibly injure your body. Be sure to really warm up and cool down for these workouts too. Sprinting is a good way to injure yourself if you don't properly prepare and recover. Even if you don't feel like you can do an all-out spring, doing 4 100-meter strides at about 50-60% will help improve your speed; just not as much as a sprint.

As far as how feasible it is, that'll depend on your age and the quality of your workouts. If you're not particularly in shape right now, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
>>
>>34629887
Thanks a lot for the advice.

I was distracted and meant how feasible is it to drop it from 12 min to 10 min in 90 days. I'd like to get an excellent on this next eval, and the run counts for the most points.
I'm in my mid 20s, 6'3, 200 lbs.

The longer distance runs, how long should they be? 3 miles?

Again, thanks for the detailed replies.
>>
>>34629988
>how feasible is it to drop it from 12 min to 10 min in 90 days.
I'm assuming entirely that you haven't had the best quality runs before now, so it should be entirely do-able for you to do in that time span. In fact, I'd surprised if you didn't.
>I'm in my mid 20s, 6'3, 200 lbs.
You're young, so that'll work in your favor. Long distance runners tend to be in the 5'10" range, but 6'3" won't be a deal breaker for you. I ran with a guy in high school who was about your height (probably an inch or two shorter), and he was able to run a 4:07 mile in high school, and how he runs sub-4 minute miles at Ole Miss. Your weight might be a little bit of a problem for you. I don't know what your build is, but there's a reason runners are skinny little fuckers. If you're weight comes from fat, you should lose at least some of that from running more anyway (proper diet will help too, but again, I don't know your build and eating habits so I won't accuse you of being a fatass). If the weight comes from muscle, that'll be entirely up to you if you want to sacrifice some in order to be able to run faster. Honestly, just be smart about your diet, and you should be fine. Even if you choose to continue any weightlifting routines you may do.
>The longer distance runs, how long should they be? 3 miles?
That'll depend on your fitness level. Give yourself a certain amount of miles you want to complete that week. I'd suggest starting off with 15-20 miles, 10 miles if you haven't run awhile. Increase by 5 to 10 miles every week, if you're feeling good. You should try to have some variation in the distances you run, but I know that's harder when you're running lower mileage. At the very least, you should have a weekly-mileage appropriate long run at the end of every week. Again, mileage appropriate is the key. If you're running 10 miles one week, don't put 8 of those miles into the long run. Even if it means you're just doing 3 miles for the long run. (1/2)
>>
>>34629468
How do I avoid shin splints. Should I run every single day with no rest?
>>
>>34630162
is using a treadmill a good way to improve my pace?
>>
>>34629988
>>34630162
For the hard runs, have the first one you do that week be a mile or two shorter than what your recovery runs are. The second of the week do at the same distance you're doing your recover runs. You should set yourself a pace-per-mile to try and hit that run, one that'll really work you, but not completely kill you. Distance coaches are very specific about the paces, based off an individual's time trials and races, but since you don't have those you'll probably just have to go off what you think your physical limit is. As far as the sprints go, you might want to start of with doing strides instead your first couple of weeks or so. Your body will probably be hit pretty hard when you start these workouts, so just play it safe.

Also, this goes for everyone who is trying to get in shape by running, GET PROPER RUNNING SHOES. I can't emphasize this enough. And actually go to a running shoe store and talk to a sales person, rather than going online. A running shoe that is built to suit how your foot lands is profoundly important in preventing injuries. The Salesperson is trained to help find the best shoe for you, as running shoes are built for different types of feet and foot strikes. Be sure to get new shoes every 200-300 miles to help prevent injury too.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'm more than happy to answer any other questions you have. It's about time I actually contribute something of value to these threads.
>>
>>34630232
Try not to constantly change the types of surfaces you're running on. The softer the surface, the better. If you get shin splints, it's best to take a couple of days off.
>>34630241
Yes, since it forces you to maintain the pace. It really depends on the individual though; most runners I know, including myself, absolutely hate treadmills. Also take into account that the speed build up will effect your overall time. For example; if you set the treadmill to run a mile at 5:50, you may not actually run a mile until about the 6:00-6:05 mark because of the amount of time it takes the treadmill to build up in speed.
>>
>>34630241
I don't trust treadmills
they mess with your pacing and I always suspect their distance measurements aren't accurate.
if you can get a stopwatch and run around a local highschool or college track I think that is 100x better
>>
>>34630162
>>34630262
Wow, huge thanks again.
It's really hit me since I moved to Colorado Springs, which is at 6500 ft above sea level.

Also, you'd be right in assuming that I haven't had the highest quality runs. Mostly group PT where we do 1 - 2 miles, 10 min pace, 3 times a week.
It cuts it for some people, but not me.
>>
>>34630346
>Also, you'd be right in assuming that I haven't had the highest quality runs. Mostly group PT where we do 1 - 2 miles, 10 min pace, 3 times a week.
Yeah, if that's the case you should have no problem with improving to 10 minutes for your 1.5 in 90 days. I'd actually be willing to put money on saying that you break 10 minutes in that time frame.

Best of luck to you
>>
File: 1358128648371.jpg (41KB, 352x315px) Image search: [Google]
1358128648371.jpg
41KB, 352x315px
>>34627772
You are encouraged to be able to run at least 2 miles in about 17 minutes. That is an 8.5 minute mile and it is completely doable.
>>
File: 1394487215188.jpg (185KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1394487215188.jpg
185KB, 960x731px
Would you be in favor of having women shave their heads at the start of boot camp, like the guys?
>>
I got into NUPOC and have found I have lost a considerable amount of my physical ability in the last 4 years since I played water polo. I have about 8 months until I graduate and go to OCS.

Currently I can do about 25 push ups before failure and my situps are about equally woeful. My 1.5 mile run is 13 minutes which is passing but obviously needs to improve

I know for running I should use C25K to improve, but what do you all recommend for push-ups and sit-ups? I have seen the 100 Pushups and 200 Sit-ups programs online, but I've also read both are very unrealistic.
>>
>>34630416
yes
>>
>>34630416

A few females in my BCT class got their heads shaved anyways, lower maintenance.

I really don't give a fuck either way.
>>
>>34630416
Having your head shaved as a dude is kinda humiliating, but in about 3 weeks you'll just look like a guy with short hair. In 2 months you'll need another haircut to stay in regs.

If you were to shave a woman's head, it drastically alters her appearance, and it could easily take over 2 years to get back to normal. So it's not really equal.
>>
>>34630482
>A few females in my BCT class got their heads shaved anyways

I heard that was grounds for a recycle, since the military considers it to be a "fad" haircut.

>>34630485
To be honest, I think if they want to be held to the same standards as men and earn the same titles that men do then they need to put out like the guys do. I'd be a little bit disheartened to sacrifice my entire individuality towards becoming a member of a team and then having someone who only gave 65% of themselves and be compared to each other as equals.
>>
>>34630505

>I heard that was grounds for a recycle, since the military considers it to be a "fad" haircut.

You heard wrong, that's bullshit. I've known plenty of short-haired females in the military.
>>
>>34630505
Your hair is your entire individuality?

Also, the woman would be giving about 20x as much as you, since your hair will look normal in 2 months, whereas her's could take 2 years to get to it's prior length.

It's a cultural thing. It's not traditionally acceptable for women to have very short hair, where with men it's a "professional" look to have your hair within military standards.
Women's restrictions on their hair is also to keep it within professional standards, for example they aren't allowed to have it anything other than a natural color.
>>
>>34630346
What's Peterson/Schriever like? You've answered some of my questions in these threads before, so thanks for that. I'll be at Buckley after training.
>>
>>34630732
Schriever is like a 20 min drive outside of the city, out in the shit nothing part of CO.
Everything there is very secure. You only go inside the "real" part of the base if you have a reason. Look at it on google earth.

Peterson is in a great location, literally right on the east border of CO springs. It's a nice base too, the track has quite a view from it. Lots of rank here, it's not uncommon to bump into a one/two star at the gas station, and the base is scattered with colonels.
It's a little small, but that doesn't matter since you'll be living in the city. Do live in the city, the suburban hell north of the base is quite depressing imo.
Dating scene can be a bit shit here since there are 5 military bases within 20 miles of each other.

Buckley is the tits. You'll literally live *in* Denver, take full advantage of that! DEN has super cheap flights all over the place, and SoDo has a ton of great bars and clubs.
Since it's a huge city, you'll also easily find people who are interested in whatever you are.
>>
>>34630505

>Implying head shaving actually matters, let alone constitutes 35 % of the soldierization process.
>>
>>34630909
Thanks man. I'm the guardfag (3D0X2) you've helped out before, so I'm pretty familiar with Colorado in general, but admittedly I haven't been to Denver in a while and I have no idea what military bases are like. I'll likely be living in the Denver area even though I won't be working at the base 5 days a week. I don't even have a BMT ship date yet but I'm trying to get a feel for how things work after all the training. From my understanding, certain ANG jobs like the 3D series have a lot more obligation than other jobs in terms of traveling for training, having to go into work more often, etc. That's all fine to me, but I just want to be able to plan my life somewhat around the .mil job rather than taking a gamble. Whether the position is a lot more involved or not doesn't matter too much to me; I'd just like to know that information going in. How does visiting a base work?
>>
>>34631079
I'm not totally sure how to visit a base if you're not in the military yet...
I'd be willing to bet if you asked your recruiter to give you a tour he would escort you on base. Where do you live now?

If you're based out of Buckely, you'd do fine to live anywhere in the greater Denver area or CO Springs.
You'll have a clearance, so you'll be able to work at the tons of defense contractors that are here in the springs, and Buckely is only a 1.5 hr drive from Peterson.
The front range is a booming economy, so you shouldn't have any problem getting started in the IT world.
>>
>>34631176
I live an hour north of Denver, and when I meet with the recruiter next I'll see if I can get some more base info. Only reason I asked is because several anons in /meg/ have mentioned "visiting your unit" and that "guard and reserves are friendly, just ask them stuff". I'll figure that out later.
>You'll have a clearance, so you'll be able to work at the tons of defense contractors that are here in the springs, and Buckely is only a 1.5 hr drive from Peterson.
The front range is a booming economy, so you shouldn't have any problem getting started in the IT world
That's the plan my man. Should be able to land a full time job in the area while drilling "one" weekend a month (or however often it ends up being in reality). Plus that sweet sweet 100% tuition reimbursement in CO. Thanks again for the replies.
>>
>>34630485
I'm a dude and I've had super long hair, down to below my chest
currently I have my hair shaved down to a #1 buzz
I don't consider it humiliating at all and I don't see why a woman should consider it humiliating either. Joining the military is voluntary.

All that aside I don't see why the military should prioritize female appearances over male appearances. The haircut is to improve group cohesion, allowing individuals or a class of individuals to escape that group cohesion building is a mistake.
>>
File: 1357209686379.jpg (129KB, 1035x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1357209686379.jpg
129KB, 1035x1070px
From what I understand:

>Green Berets are basically spies whereas SEALs are really efficient hit-men

Is this accurate?
>>
>>34631389

This belies a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes spies into spies and what makes hitmen into hitmen.
>>
>>34631399
I had it described to me like Green Berets try to embed themselves within a group of people and stage an uprising while SEALs operate under the mentality of "get in, get out, get lost."
>>
>>34631419
They don't infiltrate groups.

They infiltrate into a country then contact any local groups who seem violent or are already violent and provide them with training, advising, and any supplies they need
>>
>>34631237
>I'm a dude
>I don't consider it humiliating at all
Exactly. It's normal for a guy to have a buzzed head.

Buzzing a woman's hair is against cultural norms, and is humiliating because she will be forced to have that short hair for quite some time.
If a woman has buzzed hair, most people will assume she's either a cancer patient or of some alternative (read:lesbian) lifestyle.

A group identity is part of it, but it's largely to define a professional appearance.
Rather than pick about what kind of long hair looks professional on guys, the military has just determined that men's hair will look like X and women's will look like Y.
>>
>>34631236
No problem dude, have fun at Lackland!
>>
>>34631617
>buzzing a woman's hair is against cultural norms
what are you some kind of racist? don't you know that cultural norms are a tool of the pAtRiArChY, you shitlord??

Obviously kidding, but the cultural norm argument is weird because according to traditional cultural norms women shouldn't even be in the military. So we're in a weird place where we care about superficial norms but not about fundamental ones. It bothers me.
That's probably the main reason I would support women having to shave their heads, anything to discourage them.
>>
File: 1500570429518.jpg (592KB, 1234x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1500570429518.jpg
592KB, 1234x1078px
>>34624581
I want to mate with this female.
>>
Anyone have issues "coming out" to their parents about this? I'm planning to submit an ocs packet next (junior) year, but I really don't know how my parents would react. My dad's an anti-war hippie vietnam vet and my mom was conscripted after med school, so obv neither would be too wild about the idea.
>>
>>34631901
To be honest, your dad got completely shafted during 'Nam and nothing you say is going to change his mind. My dad was in the Navy in '75, right after Vietnam, and he's the exact same way.

Be fortunate that mass media is so large and that they're watching the government's every news, so hopefully we never have another one of those situations again.
>>
Should I get in shape before I even talk to the recruiter? How long is the usual wait for 11B?
>>
Currently getting in shape for military and been using the 100 puhsups and couch to 5k programs. Has anyone else used these and how have they helped u?
>>
>>34629468
Is couch to 5k a good program for an overweight couch potato like me?
>>
>>34632264
Yes? I can only do 10 pushups, so I'm definitely gonna wait until I can do at least 50 until I talk to a rectuiter
>>
File: 1316328001134.jpg (37KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1316328001134.jpg
37KB, 500x380px
>I just got suggest assigned to mountain >home afb Nevada
>Currently in spang
>Excited because America
>Excited because can finally become hasguns
>Excited because damn Idaho looks beautiful
>Then
>Check the bah calculator
> check local mma gyms (very important to me)
>They expect me to live on less the 800 dollars?
>How miserable am I going to be?
>>
>>34633073
Coach to 5k's are a good starting point, but they won't do much more than make you be able to run a couple of slow miles without needing to stop and walk. If you want to run fast, you'll need to look into better workouts once you start to get more into shape.

It's definitely a good starting point though, and you should focus on losing your excess weight with a better diet when you start.
>>
>>34630541
In the air force women have minimum length regs so that may be where that basic rumor started
>>
>>34633460
Use some A1C's cac card to eat at the chow all for free. It's like you're not even in the Air Force
>>
File: 1497974209072.png (237KB, 588x434px) Image search: [Google]
1497974209072.png
237KB, 588x434px
>>34633477
Checked
I wouldn't feed my dog dfac food let alone my wife
>>
>>34633460
Maybe it was Swype maybe I have downs syndrome but
>I'm going to mountain home air force base Idaho
>>
>>34626297
Go for MOS 4341 Mass Communicator. I did a similar job in the Army. You take photos, write press releases, make videos. Best part is getting to see what the rest of the service does. One week I was taking photos of cooks, the next I was flying in black hawk to take video of a radiological survey.

It may not always be that busy. A lot of it depends on what kind of unit you are assigned to. I still don't regret making the transition. I was a technical engineer (surveyor, drafting, soil analysis) before that. The Army and Marines tend to not use you for what you were trained on unless you are a critically small MOS such as mass communicator.
>>
>>34632264
The wait time for 11B right now is ungodly long, i signed in February, requested the earliest ship date, and I won't ship till September, so I'd say if you start prepping now you should be ready for boot before you get there. Also, if you are signing for the NG the recruit sustainment program will help you get in shape
>>
What makes the muhreen corps suck more then the army? Assume 0300 and 11x respectively
>>
>>34633727
Its been explained. Search this thread and the previous 2. Just search for the marines and youll find multiple posts.
>>
I'm going to join the IDF :>)
>>
>>34633769
Just another American, eh?
>>
File: 1496016876868.png (100KB, 352x345px) Image search: [Google]
1496016876868.png
100KB, 352x345px
what branch can i join with asthma
>>
Why does the army get the rep as being sloppy, and poorly disciplined, while the muhreens are always held to a seemingly untouchable reguard? Not bashing either one. Obviously each branch has its great well polished people, and it's assholes.
>>
>>34634389
Advertising
>>
>>34634389
The army is bigger, so theres more pieces of shit simply do to increased volume.
But also the standards are a little lower so it attracts more lazy niggers.
>>
File: rus1.jpg (3MB, 2250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
rus1.jpg
3MB, 2250x1500px
Do Force Recon see any action these days? Or do Rangers get all the fun?
>>
>>34635745
The only Marines getting action are artillery. Join artillery if you want to kill ISIS.
>>
If I get called a POG can I just whip out the ol' EVERY MARINE A RIFLEMAN meme?
>>
File: IMG_2234.jpg (106KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2234.jpg
106KB, 600x417px
>>34636235
You could just not care and do your job.
>>
File: 1468279975568.png (738KB, 646x437px) Image search: [Google]
1468279975568.png
738KB, 646x437px
>>34636315
But then what if I get called POG?
>>
>>34636324
You do your job to the best of your ability. Everyone has a job, and they're all important. Be a fucking man, and do your job. Whatever it is.
>>
Any 31B who can tell me what to expect at OSUT in Leonard Wood?
>>
What combat MOS has the highest need for people?
>>
File: 1343090862374.jpg (10KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1343090862374.jpg
10KB, 300x186px
>>34636415
Is 1171 important?
>>
>>34636515
Would you want to drink water that was stored in barrels that used to have gas or diesel fuel in them like the memeriens in the pacific had to do? No? Then it sounds pretty important to me.
>>
>>34636507
You already know
>>
>>34624626
>75 inches
>I top off at 76
it hurts
>>
>>34636562
>implying you're smart enough to be one
>>
>>34637669
Not that guy but it's only a bachelors for a requirement
I mean shit, who can't do that nowadays?
>>
>>34638060
niggers
>>
What does "merit list" mean? And how can I get on it?
>>
Will I have a reason to be noided if I get a 35 series job? Will I be monitored more or is that a meme? Will they go around and ask everyone I lived by/knew things? Are any other series jobs like this
>>
>>34639126
you better delete your browsing history
>>
Is Tinnitus disqualifying or not?
>>
>>34639262
If it's just tinnitus, lie about it
If it's actual hearing damage, then they'll know
I'm not sure whether they disqualify or not, but the do test for hearing
>>
File: 1478608137128.png (171KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1478608137128.png
171KB, 657x527px
I go to MEPS soon for the Army. I am not very strong right now because I haven't worked out in a long time which is my bad and I also have never been strong really (very skinny/weak most of my life), but I am concerned if I'm at risk of not passing the physical weight lifting stuff. Do you think I'll be fine? Also how close do they look at your asshole when you spread your ass? I have an internal hemorrhoid that only stings sometimes when I shit but other than that is absolutely no problem to me and I don't want them to find out.
>>
>>34639828
Like how weak?
Can't do a pushup weak or can't do 40 pushups weak?
There's a big in between

The biggest thing is cardio. If you can't jog a mile, then you just can't do boot
>>
>>34639881
Well they don't make you do that much in MEPS. This isn't BT. I have time to get in shape for that. About a month and a half to be exact. I just want to make sure I pass the simple medical exercises they have you do like deadlifting some weight etc. Do you think they are so easy that someone out of shape can do it?
>>
>>34639949
In a month in a half you can make big progress
Run a bunch every day and go lift a bunch.
Eat a ton
You can do it
>>
>>34639881
Also I can barely do a push-up right now because I gained some weight and haven't lifted seriously in a month or so.
>>
>>34639981
That's pretty bad dude

But when I was a teenager, I was able to go from that to 50 in a month
But that was years ago.
It's possible.
Do as many as you can every day.
>>
>>34639999
Wait a minute just kidding I just tried to do some push ups again and I did like 8 so I'm not entirely worthless. Good enough for MEPS? I weigh 170 lb btw
>>
>>34640040
how tall are you?
>>
>>34640040
Maybe
But do your max every night from now on
If you're young (i.e. under 25) you'll be able to do 2 more a night, at least.
Two weeks and you'll be doing over 30.
>>
>>34640040
>>34640040

You don't deadlift or anything at MEPS, its just going to the doctors office. You duckwalk and show them that you can raise your arms over your head, thats it. You still need to work your ass off before basic but dont worry about MEPS.
>>
How do MEPS Liasons work?
The one at this office is a HUMINT guy who seems like a sadist who gets off finding secrets when everyone else in the office doesn't mind applicants hiding things.
Is the HIPAA waiver something that applies as soon as you sign, or only after you ship to training, or enter DEP?
Can MEPS/MEPS Liason just pull things whenever they like?

I'm curious and a bit concerned about how it all works to a sort of legal level. Like I heard they need a judge to sign before they can pull stuff but I don't know shit, really.
>>
File: 1467109767290.jpg (29KB, 397x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467109767290.jpg
29KB, 397x600px
>>34640110
My recruiter said you do. Perhaps it is different in some places, but I think I'll be fine in that field. I'm still concerned about the hemorrhoid being found somehow though. Do they take that good of a look in the ol' ass crack?
>>
File: 1376846126518.gif (973KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1376846126518.gif
973KB, 500x360px
What branches let me roll my sleeves up?

This is extremely important.
>>
>>34640344
Marines
>>
>>34640377
Amry does it too.
It's something a Commander has to authorize for his unit, though.
>>
>>34640344
Navy
>>
>>34640219
your experience may vary, but my doc had me bend over for half a sec and barely spread the cheeks.
I only had to do the duck walk too.
This was at the Montgomery MEPS.
>>
File: scar bacne.jpg (26KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
scar bacne.jpg
26KB, 480x320px
Will this shit disqualify me at MEPS? It's mainly scars I don't really break out anymore, but this shit concerns me because I've been putting in so much work and don't want to get DQ'd for fucking acne from my teen years.
>>
>>34640641
I had serious bacne when I was a teen.
My shoulders are white and tan, like a starfield.
The docs looked at me and sent me forward.

I guess so long as you aren't openly bleeding a ton you're good to go.
>>
File: Coast-Guard-drug-offload.png (1MB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Coast-Guard-drug-offload.png
1MB, 1024x640px
>>34640344

Coast Guard
>>
File: ronald mc nair.jpg (14KB, 248x331px) Image search: [Google]
ronald mc nair.jpg
14KB, 248x331px
>>34638481
>>
>>34639262

they do a hearing test ot see if you can hear beeps, as long as you keep pressing the button every 5 seconds or so you will be good
>>
>>34640641
MEPS for me was laughably easy, they didn't give a fuck/just wanted to push me on through
Good luck, mate.
>>
Not an American
Do MEPS really make you spread your ass cheeks?
They'd never do that here
>>
>>34641035
well, the doc does it for you.
gotta check for hemorrhoids somehow.
>>
>>34641035
they had me spread my own... one guy got a doctor finger in the pooper
>>
Who under SOCOM is still doing things now that we aren't in any full blown conflicts?

I know at least SOF are still in Afghanistan, SEALs are almost always doing stuff, but what about MARSOC, Rangers, and the rest.

I've been training for the past 4 years to try out for one of them using some SEAL resources as a guide to exercise and dieting. But I want to go for the one where I'm going to be most useful and provide me with the experience to try contracting or the IC someday.
>>
Looking at 19D on the Army website says they are offering an enlistment bonus. So would I be right in assuming that means it is undermanned and if I went to my recruiter and asked for it, I could ship pretty fast?
>>
>>34642012
>I've been training for the past 4 years
Youre lying
Youre also stupid asf if you haven't decided and conducted your own research during those 4 years so you could gear your training towards whichever one youre going for.
>>
It's all over. My Navy board didn't select me, I'm color blind, so I can't go pilot, and I don't qualify for any other officer positions.

What if I go to grad school for theology? What's the selection and enlistment process for Chaplains even like?
>>
>>34630416
That's my fetish
>>
>>34643329
Go enlisted, become officer later
>>
Anybody know if Army OCS is giving age waivers for prior service?
>>
>>34640641
90% sure you'll need a consult or a waiver. That shit looks pretty groaty and my roommate at the MEPS hotel had to get a waiver for acne.
>>
>>34629683
/g/ in a nutshell?
>>
These threads have been getting slower and slower lately.
>>
>>34646671
Not really

These threads used to never reach bump limit
>>
File: 1467431821109.png (50KB, 753x689px) Image search: [Google]
1467431821109.png
50KB, 753x689px
>>34646671
>>34646706
No one is asking questions really. Plus desu a lot of shit posting and banter keep these threads going. When you streamline them to much they become quite boring.
>>
File: IMG_2945.png (278KB, 410x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2945.png
278KB, 410x409px
I just turned 24 in may. I'm working on getting in shape for the army. I should have done it out of HS like I wanted, but I bitched out.

Anyway, do you think I'm too old for 11x?
>>
>>34643548
Think on this very carefully. It might take you multiple enlistments to make it into an officer program.
>>
>>34646774
Talk to your recruiter now because 11X is overmanned as all hell. If you talk to him now you will be 25 by the time you go to basic.
68w and 19d are needing more bodies
>>
>>34646811
I think you meant this for the guy I responded to but you gotta realise hes so desperate hes thinking of being a fucking chaplain. I mean why the fuck would you want that shit? Go enlisted and become an LDO or warrant.
>>
>>34646943
That's what really sucks. I really want something infantry related. I originally wanted 0300, but there is more room for opportunity in the army. Even then, I can't picture 0300 being much better in terms of wait.... my biggest regret is not joining after high school. Fuck man.
>>
File: Sam_Hyde.jpg (15KB, 233x267px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_Hyde.jpg
15KB, 233x267px
Is loan forgiveness even a thing anymore?
>>
Would I be better off shipping open contract or sign for a job I don't want?
>>
>>34647418
What's the difference?
>>
>>34646774
>>34646991

You're not too old. Officers have to get a degree so they are at least 22 before they join.

Also, go 18x if you're intelligent and don't want to babysit the kids who are joining right out of highschool.
>>
File: captain america - still an O-3.jpg (206KB, 817x1222px) Image search: [Google]
captain america - still an O-3.jpg
206KB, 817x1222px
Is it true that O-3s who are still O-3s in their 30s are fuckups, prior enlisted or otherwise?
>>
>>34647570
this question makes no sense, especially as it relates to prior enlisted side.
>>
>>34646671
The last two threads did not have a subject

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General
>>
>>34647747
this is not true
>>
Do commissioned officers get their pick of MOS or are they subject to where their branch needs them most?
>>
>>34647830
It actually is true
>>
>>34648077
Say what?
>>34578471
>>
>>34648267
That wasn't the last thread
>>
>>34648267
This thread and the last thread haven't had /meg/ in the subject field. That's the last two threads.
>>
>>34648282
Yes it was, at the very least it was the one ebfore that
>>34648290
Are you fucking retarded? it does have meg in the field.
>>
>>34648325
Where in the everlasting fuck do you see /meg/ in this current thread, or the previous thread???>>34592663
It amazes me that you're even arguing this.
>>
>>34648351
Where do you see I said this one or that one? That faggot said last 2. The 2nd one has it as I pointed out faggot so calm your autism.
>>
OK guys I forgot to put it in, I'll double check next time if it's going to cause butthurt and tears.
>>
>>34648382
The only autistic person here is you
>>
>>34648382
You're the autistic one in this thread m8. He said the last two. This thread and the last thread have been the last two threads. What's so hard about that?
>>
>>34648402
Saying last 2 doesn't include the current one dude.
>>34648401
Look fags I agree this thread and the last one didn't have it but so what. Are you so autistic you cant find it without it? I didn't make the thread so don't cry to me I guess I'm just smart enough to find it even though it deosnt say meg for fucks sake
>>
>>34648452
>muh semantics
You're still proving that your the only autistic one here. Especially with your rage filled rant. Take a breather. It isn't that big of a deal.
>>
>>34648452
>calling others autistic while creating this whole incident over semantics
wew
>>
>>34648452
Wew lad, are you going to be okay?
>>
>>34648466
Dude I am raging. I'm supposed to believe you people can make it in the military but you cant even find a meg thread?

>>34648492
>see above
>youre the future of the mil
wew indeed
>>
>>34648504
I never said anything about me not being able to find the /meg/ threads, that's you projecting. Then you went on to create a whole incident because someone triggered your autism over semantics. This has truly been entertaining. Am I correct when I say Semper Fi to you?
>>
>>34648526
See
>>34646671
then >>34647747
That implies the reason its slow is because meg isn't in the field which implies people cant find it. grow a brain.
>>
>>34648559
Okay, now where does it say that I personally couldn't find the threads, because that's what you're accusing me of. There's really no reason to be this mad right now. This is trivial stuff.
>>
The autism is strong right now. I can't tell which branch is posting, but I know it's intel.
>>
>>34626964
>now it is named academi
it's Constellis Holdings now
>>
>>34648572
It implies it and you know it. Why else would you have said that as a response?

>mad
Why are you accusing me of being mad? Because I'm replying?
I'm sitting at my desk shitposting while playing this shitty destiny beta. I'm not mad whatsoever.
>>
>>34646736
>>34646706
>>34646671
Whatever stupid nigger is making these threads has been leaving the title out, I'm sure that has something to do with it
>>
>>34648647
>I'm not mad whatsoever.
>Continuously have autistic fits over semantics wewewewewewew
>>
>>34648683
Don't let the autist read this
>>
>>34648683
I agree but faggot >>34648572
apparently doesn't

>>34648684
How is me replying autistic? Youre replying as well you know.
>>
>>34648798
Wait, you agree with him? You just spent the past 30 minutes having an autistic rage over why you're mad that people who are joining the military can't find these threads
>>
>>34648874
A small amount maybe, my main point is that guy is flip flopping.
>>
What exactly entails getting the whole enlistment bonuses for an MOS for example or stuff like the quick ship bonus? I'm sure the recruiter could give me info as well but I figured this thread needed more questions again
>>
>>34649657
I dont understand our question dude. What do you want to know about them?
>>
>>34649657
If there's a signing bonus the recruiter will tell you about it.
It's generally paid out 1/2 after you finish AIT/A school/tech school, then the other 1/2 in either annual or monthly increments.
>>
>>34649735
for the army is 10k max after bct/ait and then equally spread out across your enlistment on your anniversary
>>
>>34640641
Dude my back looks exactly like this. I got denied. But they told me if I fix it and I can come back so I'm on medicine until November and then I can join.
>>
>>34651140
Fuuuuuck. What if it doesn't cause pain or have any whiteheads. It's just a bunch of scars/hard bumps.
>>
>>34651140
Not the same guy at all, but I had nasty acne on face and back for a few years from like 19-23, worse than when I was a teen. Doxycycline for a couple years cleared it up with improved eating habits, less dairy and oils basically.
Fact: Dairy produces acne.
DESU I still have less than stellar hygeine but its reduced, and MEPS didn't say anything. I did inform MEPS of the prior acne and they seemed to not care much.
>>
File: CPR_training-03.jpg (2MB, 4368x2912px) Image search: [Google]
CPR_training-03.jpg
2MB, 4368x2912px
>>
How difficult is to to do a lateral movement form active duty Army to the Marine corps?
>>
>>34624564
the /g/oyim could probably understand OP's pic much better than I
>>
File: IMG_0650.png (1005KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0650.png
1005KB, 750x1334px
>Air Force
>>
>>34649657
>>34649735
>>34650595
>EARN $20,000 FOR SHIPPING IN 30-DAYS

>You could earn $20,000 just for shipping to
>training within 30-days of enlistment. Ship
>between 30-60 days and earn $8,000.

>This bonus can be combined with other
>enlistment bonuses. Contact your recruiter for
>a complete explanation of the bonuses you
>could earn as an Army Soldier.

He means that one I think?
>>
>>34649735
Would an 18x shipping bonus be paid after OSUT or after SFQC? Do you lose the bonus if you don't get selected?
>>
>>34639260
>>34648604
samefag or is this edition actually anti intel?

questions people never answered:
>>34634279
>>34636483
>>34638757
>>34640188 this one is boring and asked every thread so gj ignoring him
>>34642289
>>34644524
>>34647022
>>34647866

there's a reason this ver of thread is shit and its not a lack of questions (that could be googled)
>>
>>34651921
Tough but doable. Why the switch if you don't mind me asking? People in these threads fawn over the Army and dump shit on Marines constantly.
>>
Why might my local AFCO have stopped responding to my Emails and stopped picking up my phone calls?

Wtf is going on
>>
>>34652606
Faggot almost all the questions can be answere with google. This isn't a forum for spoonfeeding morons answers.
>>
>>34652821
How about you don't go on a thread for questions if you don't feel like answering questions? Lazy uppity nig
>>
File: 1454893270526.gif (4MB, 177x186px) Image search: [Google]
1454893270526.gif
4MB, 177x186px
>>34652946
Wait the dumb nigger who cant google a basic question is calling me lazy?
And that's what these threads are NOT for. You need to understand the basics on your own then come here and people fill in the minor details and help you sift through the bullshit.
Questions like >>34647022 >>34642289
>>34634279
>>34644524
can all be answered with a quick google search. Grow a brain.
>>
>>34652753
What sort of things are you talking about when you call?

They have to respond, really, it's their job. Unless you've sent them a load of spam or random shit.
>>
>>34652989
I emailed them about rain tickets to visit a local base. (You can have your travel costs reimbursed)

I have someone waiting on me to confirm the dates, but I need to confirm I can get even rail tickets through my AFCO.

Emailed Sunday so they'd answer on Monday, they didn't respond, so I rang today and got no response.
>>
>>34652982
A lot of information is either outdated or just plain wrong.
>>
>>34652982
>>34648798
>>34648647
>>34648559
>>34648504
>>34648452
>>34648382
>>34648325
How many (You)'s did I just give you here? I refuse to believe that there are multiple people itt being unreasonably mad at this.

I agree that people should google some questions before asking them on here, but most questions generally don't get answered.
>>
File: 1500341457974.png (85KB, 606x505px) Image search: [Google]
1500341457974.png
85KB, 606x505px
Can I tell my recruiter I want to ship earlier
>>
>>34653163
Yes..
Why is this even a question. If you want to ship early fucking ask. There isn't a guarantee that you will ship earlier but ask
>>
>>34653132
All you did was follow a convo I was having with 1 or 2 people and click on my responses. What was your point?
>>
>>34653181
lmao so it's all (You) isn't it? Please refrain from joining the military. You get a little too angry at little things.
>>
>>34653554
I don't get what you don't understand? I was replying to someone during a conversation, so of course it was me. btw how deos replying make me angry? explain it.
>>
If one joins the army, how does one get into the big red one? Is it just luck of the draw?
>>
>>34652982

Military policies change with the wind asshole. Some shit on the Army website is outdated.
>>
>>34631744
but zebras have glass bones, you would break it
>>
File: 1484958796892.png (93KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1484958796892.png
93KB, 630x630px
Hey guy who smoked weed here from last thread
My recruiter says I'll have to wait a year since if you're in intel you're not allowed to have done marijuana in the last year but he says he's going to try to keep my job available
Not sure how I'm going to tell my mom but at least I can probably keep my job
>>
>>34654036
What the fuck is wrong with you. Why would you smoke weed while being depped in. Fuck
>>
>>34654128
Either way it seems like I would have had to wait but yeah I guess this time I really can't anymore.
>>
>>34653976
Ok asshole you realize most people here are E-5 and below at best. They aren't going to know jack shit about policy. Grow a brain. Theyre trying to get drunk, kill sand niggers and fuck Russian whores.
>>
>>34651373
Mine doesn't cause me pain. None were open but I had what they called minor inflammation. But I have a shit ton of those hard bumps.

Heads up: if you get denied for acne, once you clear it all up you have to wait 8 weeks until you can go to MEPS to try again.
>>
>>34654036
>>34654430
This is why we tell you faggots to lie.
>>
>>34654605
So... People shouldn't try asking on the off chance someone has an updated answer?
>>
>>34654937
Never said that, people ak shit all the time and it doesn't get answered. What pisses me off is when people grandstand like
>>34652606
>questions people never answered:
thx for pointing that out mom
>>
Can someone please tell me which branch I want to join?
>>
>>34624564
I was an edgy fag who smoked a lot of weed and did lsd a couple times a few years ago. I am about to graduate college, and my grades and extracurriculars would give me a great chance of scoring a commission. I am interested in jobs that require security clearences. Am I stupid for thinking this substance history could be concealed? What are my chances if I am honest about it?
>>
>>34655290
Did you get arrested and have it written down somewhere? If not, it never happened.

>What are my chances if I am honest about it?
0%
>>
>>34655290
Be honest, but make sure to stress that it was a long time ago and have been clean ever sense.
>>
>>34655368
Never got arrested, my one brush with the law was a county citation for having beer on an alcohol free beach, which I paid.

If I go for a job requiring top secret clearance, will they polygraph me or do anything like that? I have already told friends and ex GFs I'm on good terms with to deny any drug involvement if asked.
>>
>>34654978
I'm mom, you've been arguing with dad like the edgelord faggot you are ever since I went to work after posting that list of unanswered questions. By your logic this entire thread could be skipped and we could just a faq that covered shit like:
>do i tell them about drugs or the time i was on depression meds?
>how do i get swole?
>which branch do i join?
>i can't even do 20 push ups but i def wanna go 18x guise (not even a question fuckheads)
and
>how much does this branch suck amirite?

literally everything else is either a google search or 3 away and/or too much to expect some dumbfuck who just joined up themselves to know
>>
>>34656448
>By your logic this entire thread could be skipped
No what in saying is we don't need faggots like you pointing out what questions have been skipped. If they've been skipped it isn't because we hate you or something its just no one knows the answer. Point that shit out is annoying and pointless.
>>
>>34655273
Pay: Army
Culture: Marines
Travel: Navy
Homebody: Air Force
>>
Could anybody share their approximate PFT scores before and after infantry OSUT or boot camp?
>>
>>34656493
i pointed it out because people were complaining about the lack of questions and the low quality of the thread as a result.

>>34646671
>>34646736
might have been others idk, i'm not going to read thru the OP image/meg slapfight bs again
>>
if youve already made it through Mep's can they find out about anything medically related at boot camp? the people at rnewtothenavy are making me nervous
Post a Reply
Return
>>
>>34657138
Stop beating around the bush and just say what youre hiding
>>
>>34657010
The army offers a lot more travel than a selection of south Asian ports
>>
>>34657152
I've seen a chiropractor and took some anxiety pills and got tested for autism
>>
File: IMG_2696.jpg (38KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2696.jpg
38KB, 600x430px
>>34657010
>tfw want to be a marine since young
>am poor so Army would be better because more money
>no signing bonus for the mos I want in the army

Wut do?
>>
File: 1479365825165.jpg (98KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1479365825165.jpg
98KB, 750x750px
>>34657196
>got tested for autism
>>34657204
Choose a better MOS or choose the Navy equivalent. What MOS you looking at?
>>
>>34657204
Marines: better dress blues, better cammies, better motto, worse bases, worse opportunities for employment, worse selection of jobs.

Marines are also a lot more concise I find. Since the Army is so yuge and has such a fuckton of units, Marines rally more around the pride of being a Marine in general rather than being proud of being in Cavalry, or Airborne, etc.
>>
>>34657220
Something infantry related.

With that said, I seriously wouldn't mind being a cook, as I went to school for it. But I'd feel like I'd be cheating myself if I ended up doing that in the military. Plus i feel like I'd be the laughing stock of my peers both inside and outside of the military if I did that.
>>
>>34657240
>Something infantry related
See>>34646943
>>34642289
Would you consider 19D?
>>
>>34657204
>>34657240
19D is discount infantry, and they have an enlistment bonus
>>
>>34657267
>19D
I would. I just know nothing about it. I know it's a scout, but what does that really mean? Like some ghost recon level shit?
>>
>>34657306
Was for >>34657258
>>
File: 1500474224829.jpg (36KB, 593x490px) Image search: [Google]
1500474224829.jpg
36KB, 593x490px
>>34657306
>Like some ghost recon level shit
>>
>>34657306
In are real war, they would be sneak ahead of 11B and just report enemies without fighting. Or they would hide and let enemies pass them while doing the same, reporting positions. Ideally. Most likely just going to get shot driving down a road

In a shitty occupation of a Muslim country where scouts aren't really needed, they just get used as regular infantry. But that is in the past now. So they just do what all the other infantry do. Work out and clean the base
>>
>>34657240
There is no shame in being a cook. Like some anon said in the other thread, all the jobs are important. Making sure people are fed is obviously important. Fuck what the civilians think. You might get teased a little by some people in the infantry, but it's all in good fun. They know they enjoy hot mess.
>>
>>34657342
"Haha I can't believe you were a cook!" - guy who never served
>>
>>34657337
That sounds interesting. Isn't that kinda suicidal in a real War today? Seeing as how countries now have thermal and night vision? Wouldn't they get spotted with ease?
>>
Meps had a request on documents for 'all counseling' after I misremembered having had family counseling and reported it on pre-screen.
I've successfully obtained a document from the listed location stating they have no 'family counseling' records.
Technically, they do have some of my regular Counseling records, however, but MEPS does not know that. Said records have what was described to me as a general diagnoses for Depression, as they had to list a diagnoses for basically administrative purposes.

Do you think they'll be satisfied by this assurance of no family counseling, or get pissy about the wordage?
>>
>>34657551
Do you see now why we tell you faggots to shut the fuck up and don't say a thing?
>>
>>34657580
Yeah no shit, but at the time before I was completely unaware Counseling required a mandatory diagnoses I was intending to get Top Secret Clearance down the line. I dropped that idea as soon as I read they gave me a diagnoses without ever telling me about it. Everything in these threads pretty much says they'll find all the mental health shit within the past 7 years for TSC, so I thought I was in the clear until then.
>>
>>34657551
I have a similar question. Long story short when I was a kid I had to see a state appointed psychologist for some shit that was going on at home. I was 9 or 10 at the time. My mother also made me see one and I had to go for some test to see if the events that transpired had fucked me in the head or something.

What should i do when meps rolls around. I didn't say anything to my recruiter.
>>
>>34657390
Yes, I imagine that in a real war scouts would get fucked hard before they change things up

>>34657551
>went to therapy from 10 to 19
>smoked weed
>took acid
>tried meth
>go to meps
>"hey have you done drugs or are you crazy?"
>say no
>they send me forward
It's literally that easy.
>>
>>34657608
>What should I do when MEPS rolls around?

Don't. Say. Anything.
>>
File: 1491148279139.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491148279139.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>there are 4 tranny soldiers in my unit
Cant wait to fucking ETS.
>>
>>34657663
There's no way they can find out later somehow and I end up getting tagged as "lying on enlistment" or some shit? Not trying to be difficult, just covering my ass.
>>
>>34657749
They *can* just stumble upon your shit. You *can* just get killed by a drunk driver. Thousands of people are trying to enter the military at any given time, and the odds of them going the extra mile to snoop is just very unlikely.

There is no centralized database for doctors. Everything is located at that office. So not only do they have to guess where you went, they must also go through the red tape of getting them to give you those records.
>>
>military enlistment general
is it a faux pas to talk about commissioned officer stuff?

>>34657709
how?
>>
>>34658032
Plenty of officer potentials come through here, so it's really just fine.
>>34657749
If you end up applying for something that requires a Top Secret Clearance, that has the usual checks, but I don't think they would go out of their way otherwise. Don't take my word for it though.
>>
>Not close to any teachers (very large state school)
>Not close with highschool coach
>Don't know anybody in the military

Where do I go for good recommendations?
>>
File: 16011601.jpg (8KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
16011601.jpg
8KB, 231x218px
>signed ROTC scholarship contract
>If I fail, I owe the military over $20k
not sure if I fucked up
>>
>>34658245
Are you talking about for the TS clearance? Can't you ask any of your neighbors or something?
>>
Why does the military rely so much on the bullshit "if you don't tell me I'll find out anyway so just tell me" cop tactic? Does anyone fall for that?
>>
>>34658281
>Does anyone fall for that?
Yes.
>>
>>34658255
Then don't fail.

>>34658281
Because they have no other way of knowing. Literally.
>>
>>34658311
i just don't understand how people can. if it's something that's on your criminal record I see why you disclose it but otherwise people seem to think they are omniscient in figuring stuff out, if you put like 2 seconds of rational thought into it you'd realize most of the stuff isn't worth the effort it would take to find out
>>
>>34629683
kill yourself
>>
File: Desire to Know More Intensifies.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
Desire to Know More Intensifies.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>34658255
Exactly how pants-on-head retarded do you have to be in order to fail out of a "military science" undergraduate program?

Find out next week on 4chan
>>
>>34658356
I'm doing mechanical engineering
>>
>>34658356
you can "fail" out of ROTC in a variety of ways

I heard of a guy who developed some DQing health issue as a senior that was natural, i.e. not a result of something stupid he did, and he got cut from ROTC and owed the money back even though the causes for his problem were completely unrelated to something he did
>>
>>34658411
My detachment cadre assured me that DQing medical issues don't make you have to pay back the scholarship, only "fucking up" required repayment of the scholarship, such as failing courses, PFT failure, etc.

I should re-review my contract.
>>
File: 1481193630023.jpg (9KB, 238x207px) Image search: [Google]
1481193630023.jpg
9KB, 238x207px
>>34657046
pls respond.

If I go to OSUT with 40-50 pushups and a 16min 2 mile can I graduate with a 300?
>>
>>34658454
that's probably true, I wouldn't be shocked if this kid was misrepresenting his case to people for sympathy

probably one of the biggest DQ factors is pissing hot
>>
>>34658335
>if you put like 2 seconds of rational thought into it
that's asking a lot of most applicants to the military
>>
>>34658534
afaik they typically only piss test at the initial physical. The paperwork says they reserve the right to test whenever the hell they feel like it, but none of the upperclassmen have been tested, and the cadre said they haven't random tested in years. Regardless, given the stakes, I'm not going to fuck with anything illicit. It is surprising how many cadets do dumb shit though, especially scholarship/contract cadets.
>>
>>34657231
>worse bases
Hawaii and Japan are A grade my man
>>
>>34658245
I dealt with the same thing.

A really cool recruiter told me to, well not lie, but "embellish" some friendships.
Like I met regularly with a group of friends to play board games. Did so for years.
So now it was a club.
And that club had a leader. He got the place on my sheet and a phonecall asking how his "club member" was
>>
>>34658652
Best I had was Fort Meade.
>>
>>34658666
Say I dabbled in recreational drugs 2 years ago. College I've lived in a large house with 8-10 people. There's no criminal record of me smoking pot, so is it reasonable to embellish and say I didn't smoke pot?
>>
>>34658941
What's there to embellish?
You didn't smoke anything if it's not on record
>>
>>34658941
That's not embellishing, that's just lying.
I'm fairly sure if you didn't smoke more than a few times (3? not sure) you don't need a waiver.
Goes against the core values and shit, but nobody will be able to tell if you smoked pot a couple years ago. If you only did it once or twice, I think it's far more worth it to be honest about it.
>>
>>34658977
I mean a TS investigator might get the contact details of someone he lived with who could say he smoked pot at the time, but I'm not really sure how significantly that can be used as proof of contradiction to a SF-86 and I'm not really sure what kind of person is going to tell someone who identifies as an investigator that an individual used pot
>>
Do you think it would be possible to go EOD and also do the Sapper course, or do they strictly separate guys that place explosives and guys that remove them?
>>
>>34659022
*how significantly that can be used as proof of contradiction to an SF-86 without any formal record
>>
What are some things that will prevent you from getting TS clearance?
>>
>>34659080
Take a grain of salt with what I say because I'm just an other person trying to get in

But what I've heard is that it's not actually as hard as the name and reputation sounds.
Got no criminal record? No major reprimands on your career record?
Then sure.

My pop got it late in his career as a warrant officer, and he was one of those "join or go to jail" types
>>
>>34659080
watching anime
>>
>>34659080
Being a member of ISIS
>>
>>34659080
I'm not an expert, but I think the biggest things are financial problems, lying on the form, and legal issues

Having lots of foreign ties can be problematic
>>
>>34658032
2 1/2 hour late response lel but yeah you can be a tranny now on government sponsored fem-pills.
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>34659367
>financial problems
such as? student loans and cc debt? or we talking more serious financial welching
>>
>>34659482
Just in general if you have a large quantity of debts or a history of carrying them it doesn't look good since it means you might be me more willing to sell secrets to a foreign govt
>>34659224
I do think they steep it in some mysticism in order to try to get you to admit things.
>>
>>34659412
I'm surprised the rank and file don't make their lives unbearable so they fuck off.
>>
>>34659482
Do you have the responsibility to pay off your debts on time and regularly or do you default on them, ignore them, etc.?
>>
>>34659033
pls respon
>>
>>34659482
They're basically looking to make sure that you're not a target...
Imagine that your finances are in the shitter, and someone at the bar offers to make your debt disappear for a few names.
>>
So how long is it usually from the first time you visit a recruiter until you ship out to BT? I only ask because i've been preparing to enlist in the navy this fall, and would like to have a time frame in mind for how long the pipeline is.
>>
>>34660349
If you're just going in as a basic fuckhole, then probably pretty quick
But my recruiters kept telling me that it'll always take longer than you think
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.