[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to send your main forces first to weaken an enemy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Is it better to send your main forces first to weaken an enemy, and when they are weakened send your elite/shock forces to defeat them.

Or should you send in your elites first to open up a hole in the enemy and then pour in with the main forces?
>>
>>34623794
>Send your shock troops in second

Do you know what the fuck shock troops are?
>>
>>34623801
Yes

The marines
>>
>>34623794

concurrent to put pressures on multiple angles to force the enemy into non optimal force deployment
>>
>>34623794
You send the Airforce
>>
Send in air support first, take out main/heavy shit (radar, tanks, etc). Send in main forces after, and SF groups mixed but for different purposes. SF are great for high priority targets. At least would be my understanding of how things have been done.
>>
>>34623804
I was one. I take no offense to that.
>>
>>34623806
Should shock troops strike from more reinforced angle to let normal troops handle weaker enemies.

Or should normal troops distract the blunt of enemy's defenses while shock troopers overwhelm the less protected flank and begin mopping up the enemy?
>>
SOF should be in country long before the main force. Breaking down air defense/communications networks, building a base of local support, monitoring enemy movements and ideally capturing key targets where practical, such as airfields.
>>
>>34623819
Why would you? The term shock troop literally means you're a blitzkrieg tool.
>>
>>34623819
MOS?
>>
>>34623994
0311. I've been out since 2011.
>>
Always send marines first, theyll gay up the native population so that few else have to fight. That's their real secret. They'll just land by sea, start slobbing knobbers of any defender they find and blow em till they refuse to fight at all. Send marines first, anon. Always send marines.
>>
>>34624230
How was your experience? I want to go 03 but my recruiter is telling me to do anything BUT 03 and MP.
>>
>>34624817
03 or youll regret it for the rest of you sentence
>>
>>34624817
For me it worked out. I never wanted to be a Marine just to be one. There was a war and I wanted action. Figured 0311 would get me over there, and it did. Two combat deployments.

That was pre 2011 though, it's not the same. Honestly 4+ years of Garrison and MEUs sounds only slightly better than eating a bullet, or maybe it's a tie.
>>
>>34623816
This
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.