[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently they're trying to piggy back in the heari

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 10

File: Silencers-for-Everyone-650x320.jpg (29KB, 650x320px) Image search: [Google]
Silencers-for-Everyone-650x320.jpg
29KB, 650x320px
So apparently they're trying to piggy back in the hearing protection act as part of a larger "hunting and fishing" bill. This could be it guys that'd be awesome if it passed.

http://americansuppressorassociation.com/hearing-protection-act-language-incorporated-into-comprehensive-sportsmens-package/
>>
>>34622807
Fuck the HPA.
>>
>>34622839
why?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb_nbAqKXL0
>>
>>34622844
It's shit. Support SHUSH, which is what the HPA should have been from the beginning.
>>
>>34622861
>>34622839
This is the most retarded thing I've ever read.

>This thing only has some of the benefits I want, including the main ones
>It's not everything, I don't want it

Fuck that retard logic.

It's better than nothing, support both?
>>
>>34622880
>It's better than nothing
Go big or go home
>>
>>34622880
>no one needs more than 10 rounds
>>
>>34622880
>benefits
What part of shall not be infringed do you not understand?
>>
>>34622898
Watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb_nbAqKXL0

Getting our rights back incrementally is better than NOTHING
>>
>>34622898
>I would rather get nothing from a doomed bill than get something from one that will likely pass
>>
>>34622901
The Shush act is, like they said, a good way for the SHARE act to pass since you still need a 4473. It's not entirely what we want, but doesn't that seem pretty nice from 200$ tax and registration? I mean, I want the GCA and NFA completely removed, but I can easily see very few to no one supporting that, even in the gun communities... I really don't think the NRA would support that 100% and they would lie about saying they did. Why would we need the NRA if we didn't have some gun control in place? They really weren't even popular in lobbying until after the NFA and such, so it makes sense that those bills are their lifeline for money.
>>
>>34622935
yeah I mean being able to buy suppressors with a 4473 or BUILD YOUR OWN FROM %80 "Suppressor kits" would be amazing.
>>
>>34622890
>>34622893
>>34622898
I 100% agree that SHUSH would be the best outcome.

But the goal to pull Suppressors off of NFA... So it doesn't make sense not to support all the bill that do so (without taking other rights away in the process).

>>34622901
No sorry, that logic doesn't fly with summerfags/noguns
>>
File: fuck off gun loli.jpg (61KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off gun loli.jpg
61KB, 313x382px
>>34622839
>>34622890
>Go big or go home
have fun getting NOTHING PASSED EVER. You all-or-nothing faggots need to wise up to reality. We're having a hard enough time getting the HPA passed and everyone doubts that it will ever pass. Adding more to the bill brings those chances from slim to zero. It's far easier to work piecemeal. Our rights have already been legislated away and we have to legislate them back. That means ACTUALLY PASSING A LAW and not huffing and puffing in a corner.
>>
>>34622839
>>34622890
Gun control got passed bit by bit because that's how shit works. You're not going to get it all repealed at once either.

The HPA definitely has problems and I'd much rather SHUSH pass, but I'd still take being able to make a suppressor in my garage or buy one for the $50 they should cost + transfer fee under the HPA than nothing.
>>
>>34623137
>>34622880
shut up, if millions of us take up the guns we'll rule the country again
>>
>>34623353
Didn't happen after the NFA, GCA, FOPA, or AWB. Won't happen now.
>>
>muh hearing
Just shoot less. It's not like you're discharging a firearm to defend your life every day of the year to warrant obtaining a potentially harmful device that could make assassinations easier and prevent law enforcement from doing their job.

Act like I'm a liberal, and prove me wrong.
>>
>>34623364
Why would I bother when I could just shoot you with a silenced gun and get away with it because nobody would hear me do it?
>>
>>34622807
>tfw you realize that Republicans are trash and can't even pass bills even when they're the majority of everything.

Democrats got more done
>>
>>34623384
The majority of Republicans are Democrats from 10 years ago, just running under the GOP banner, and their constituents are too dumb to primary them out for someone that actually has balls.

There's even a term for this, RINO (Republican In Name Only).

None of this is surprising, it's been going on for a long time.
>>
>>34623353
>People actually believe that 99% of gun owners would have the balls to actually use their firearms in the way the the 2A intended

LOL
>>
>>34623364
just wait until somebody goes full REEE on this post, thinking that it's serious and not just devil advocate.

OK answer:
Any amount of shooting without hearing protection will cause permanent, unfixable hearing damage. Self defense situations happen too quickly to put on hearing protection and could even make it worse by inhibiting the person's hearing. Hearing protection also doesn't account for people nearby such as family members, a parent defending a child, or animals like pets and livestock. Suppressors cover all these cases safely and effectively.

>>34623384
more like
>tfw you realize the party you voted for doesn't actually care what you want
>>
File: 7e754598cf2782b8a995ddb8dada894a.jpg (122KB, 1200x535px) Image search: [Google]
7e754598cf2782b8a995ddb8dada894a.jpg
122KB, 1200x535px
>silencer only goes pew pew in hollyw-
>>
>>34622944
Legally build your own. Why don't the rest of the retards understand this?
>>
>>34623426
Hehe those are so odd looking
>>
>>34623426
>Huge suppressor for a tiny ~40 grain bullets going subsonic speeds
>>
>>34623508
It's almost like thats the only way to get a gun to sound like what you see in the movies or something.
>>
>>34623513
And even then, it's not like people won't hear the gun's action.
>>
>>34623364
>potentially harmful device that could make assassinations easier and prevent law enforcement from doing their job
I guess it's time to ban bows and crossbows then.
>>
>>34623646
"OK let's ban those then"
You have failed the Argue With a Liberal challenge
>>
>>34623364
Have you ever used a sand blaster? I have, inside of a tent to recollect the abrasive with a fucking positive pressure full face mask with an air line and the whole nine yards. That shit's 120DB and it's loud as fuck. I wear 32db ear plugs with muffs OVER THAT in-concert with the mask and my coverall suit, hood, gloves, etc to make it hearing safe. A suppressed long rifle is 130DB if you're LUCKY with the best most expensive suppressor. All a suppressor does is make is so shooting WITH THE HIGHEST RATED NRR PLUGS AND MUFFS doesn't cause damage. An average rifle, .223 unsuppressed is 165DB, the best plugs and muffs combine give you like 35 maybe 40db reduction that's still 125-130db. THAT'S STILL FUCKING BAD FOR YOUR EARS! YOU TRY SAND BLASTING WITHOUT HEARING PROTECTION THE RINGING WILL DRIVE YOU MAD! I protect my hearing at every opportunity I can because I understand that all hearing damage is irreparable. My grandfather was a train conductor for 40 years, he is basically nearly deaf because in those days there was no required hearing protection. He was likely exposed to sounds exceeding 130-150db all day long for years on end. All he got for his trouble years later was a settlement of 10 thousand dollars FOR HIS ABILITY TO HEAR. ALL HE GOT WAS 10 GRAND FOR GOING DEAF. YOU CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON YOUR HEARING.
>>
>>34622807
Dear fucktards who don't want the HPA because it's not as good as the SHUSH act.

Fuck you.
The NFA, 1968 GCA, and import and were all things the gun control bastards wanted.
They'd have never gotten them through if they'd done them all at the same time, so they simply chipped away.

If the HPA passes, the SHUSH can be run in another year and have an excellent chance of getting through.
Have patience; we'll get our rights back if only one at a time.
>>
>>34623364
>a potentially harmful device that could make assassinations easier and prevent law enforcement from doing their job.

This is how I can tell you've never fired a suppressed weapon.

This isn't Hollywood. These mythical tubes full of baffles act exactly like car mufflers. They don't make the gun sub-audible, they just take the edge off of the volume so it's not at a level that will cause hearing damage. It is still perfectly audible.

Cops have do deal with stabbings a lot more often than they have to deal with shootings, and knives don't make loud noises in their regular operation.

Silencers also make guns bulkier and harder to conceal, which is the opposite of what you want for an assassination or street crime.

Europeans in very gun-restrictive countries like the UK and Norway look at us like we have six heads when it comes to our stance on silencers. They have them available for unrestricted purchase in stores because they are seen as safety devices and politeness devices. Cuts back on noise pollution. Their use for hunting is compulsory in some countries.

Please learn to accept reality.
>>
Cannibalism in the name of ideological purity is how the left lost power to entrenched bureaucrats.

Don't be like the left.
>>
Again, the SHARE act has more good going on than just the inclusion of the HPA. IT REMOVES THE SPORTING CLAUSE FROM IMPORTATION OF FIREARMS AND LARGE CALIBER RIFLES.

So unfucked AKs (if the Russian sanctions ever go away) or other manufacturers that don't have a US facility yet will be cleared for import, and large bore rifles won't be classified as DDs.
>>
>>34623971
Why not pursue both, so even if the larger bill fails, we still have gained ground?
>>
>>34623989
I agree, but for someone not in the know, if they see people saying "The HPA sucks!", what are they going to think?
>>
HPA died in the committee like 98% of bills do, it's over for that.

>implying the same exact thing won't happen to this.

good luck......
>>
>>34623971
So if russian sanctions go away, I can get fucking proper AK-74's and maybe an AS-VAL if they make one for the american market.

OOOOHHH SHIT.
>>
>>34623989
Exactly. I think both need support, none of this FUCK THE HPA IT DOESN'T DO ENOUGH. They are forgetting the other good the "new HPA" (SHARE Act) will accomplish.
>>
>>34623416
You would honestly only need 50% and the country would shit on itself.
>>
>>34623989
The biggest reason to pursue both would be to get the HPA to pass. Running both would allow them to "compromise" on just the HPA.
>>
>>34622861
Ill support the one that is more likely to pass. So fuck yourself turbofag.
>>
>>34624012
3% Is what actively fought or helped or something with the american revolution.

Hell, one percent is over 3 Million people, even with no organization above platoon level. all those people going against the government shooting up offices and the like would crash this bitch with no survivors.
>>
>>34623989
>>34624007
Also, just to be clear, I was talking about the SHARE act that now includes the HPA. Not the SHUSH act.

The SHUSH does nothing for large bore rifles, importation, or interstate transportation.
>>
>>34623353
This is an 18+ board kid.
>>
>>34624025
I've crunched the numbers before. Rough estimates where you assume that every government worker (including postal workers) are both gun owners (to subtract from total number of gun owners in the US) and would side with the government (I'll take "Oath Keepers" for 500, Alex), it would still put them at a ~24:1 disadvantage or something equally hopeless.
>>
>>34624038
Not the guy you responded to, but I really don't trust those Oath Keeper faggots after some of the shit they pulled at those free speech rallies.
>>
>>34624049
I was just using them as an example of people who work for the government but likely wouldn't side with them if a major internal conflict arose.

Have you ever taken a look at the rifles they issue out to Marines during parades and stuff where the President will be present? No BCG at all in them.
>>
File: 1474605247953.jpg (256KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474605247953.jpg
256KB, 1280x800px
>>34624038
Have a couple of screen caps I saved from similar threads.
>>
File: 1474605223365.png (137KB, 1158x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1474605223365.png
137KB, 1158x1393px
>>34624065
2/2
>>
>>34624062
I don't think we have the same understanding of what the Oath Keepers are.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought they were a group of Constitutionalists that is pretty anti-government, at least as the government is now since it's become an overreaching Leviathan.

My issue with them is how they had a literal illegal immigrant as member that assaulted some guy for getting up on a garbage can and waving an American flag, and how they play police and were forcing groups of people apart physically. They just seem like they're fighting against one bad power system by becoming another.
>>
>>34624005
Nope. Trade agreement.
>>
>>34624089
Like I said, I'm not using them as a role model, only as an example. Another good example would be police officers. How many police chiefs have openly come out saying that they WILL NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE enforce any new anti-gun laws? The fact that police chiefs are elected in the US is a huge boon that most people take for granted.
>>
>>34623867
>Europe has generally more sense than the US when it comes to suppressors
I wish that were the case even in my country
>>
>>34624274
What I'm getting at is I think you're using them as an example incorrectly. While I don't exactly trust them, Oath Keepers would not be on the government's side during a revolution. The oath they're supposed to be keeping is to the Constitution, not the government itself.
>>
Daily reminder that someone is going to ruin this yet again by voting against the interests of our natural rights by somehow agreeing at least partially with retards like this:

https://archive.fo/OhNS5

>“There’s no evidence of a public health issue associated with hearing loss from gunfire,” says Kristin Brown of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. “There is evidence of a public health crisis from gun violence, and we think that’s where legislative efforts should be directed.”

>Others point to indications that silencers can reduce public awareness of developing firearm attacks and interfere with law enforcement. That appeared to happen in the 2013 Southern California murder rampage of former Los Angeles police Officer Christopher Dorner. As The Times reported, Dorner’s early morning killing of a couple in a parked car in Irvine initially went undetected, even though he loosed 14 gunshots — apparently with a silenced weapon. Later in the rampage, when Dorner was cornered in the San Bernardino National Forest, his use of a silenced sniper rifle made it difficult for sheriff’s deputies under fire to pinpoint his position.

>Silencer makers themselves boast that the equipment makes rifles “more accurate” and allows more “rapid follow-up shots” by “reducing recoil and muzzle flip,” in the words of a promotional brochure from Advanced Armament Corp. That raises the prospect of even more carnage from determined mass shooters.
>>
>>34624337
If that's what you got out of my comment, I either very poorly described my thoughts, you misread them or maybe both.
>>
I wish they would amend it to a must pass bill like the NDAA or one of those abomination omnibus spending bills.
>>
just wear ear pro you bunch of tards
>>
>>34624404
it would be nice not to have to wear my electronic ear pro when I'm out hunting hog in the georgia forests.

hear bacon, remove bacon
>>
>>34623760
>the difference between impulse and sustained sound
>>
>>34624404
So what about neighbours? Your hunting dog? All the other creatures in the woods?
>>
File: 1500008743955.png (318KB, 572x462px) Image search: [Google]
1500008743955.png
318KB, 572x462px
>>34622807
>protip: It's never going to pass.

Just open your buttholes and file the paperwork. It ain't that bad.
>>
>>34624418
>Eat bacon
Most important step anon
>>
>>34623384
>only just now realizing that neither part of the two-party system has your interests in mind past 'what bones do i throw where to get the most votes'
Dumb frogposter.
>>
File: 1492459094406.png (42KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492459094406.png
42KB, 450x300px
>>34624404
>just wear ear pro
S H AL L N OT B E I N F R I N G E D
WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
YOU DON'T INFRINGE IT
YOU DO NOT
NOT TO KEEP PEOPLE FROM OWNING SUPPRESSORS
NOT TO KEEP PEOPLE FROM SHOOTING NIGGERS
NOT TO KEEP NIGGERS FROM SHOOTING PEOPLE
YOU
DO
NOT
INFRINGE
HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>34623384
the centrists in competitive seats don't want to lose their cushy job.

the solid right wing types like Cruz and Rand won't vote for anything that looks like a compromise to the democrats.

it will be interesting to see if the Bernie types do anything in 2018 to fracture the Democrats. Or will the Fake Progressive Corporate Democrats continue to hold the party.
>>
>>34624555
The structure of the party (with the "super delegates") makes it nigh impossible for anyone who isn't deep in the establishment to win the nomination.

The Republicans tried for many years to get Ron Paul in the door and the media just straight up ignored him (Google it. It's actually kind of amazing to what extent). Trump was more than capable of generating attention and was able to win through that, even though he was a far worse choice than Ron.
>>
>>34622807
OP, this was a month ago. It got post-poned because of that one guy who shot a bunch of congressmen at the football field.

Probably not going to happen until next year.
>>
>>34624578
Baseball field.
>>
>>34624540
>this is how americans act on a daily basis
wow no wonder they want to take all your guns and give them to the chinese
>>
>>34624574
super delegates failed. bernie would have had a better change than hillary. simply because he didn't have any exploitable baggage.
>>
>>34624593
FUCK OFF YOU COMMIE YURO COCKSUCKER, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY GUNS
YOU KNOW WHY
BECAUSE YOU LET YOUR GOVERNMENT RULE YOU
>>
>>34624586
Whoops, I meant that.

Anyway, dunno why OP made a thread on old news.
>>
>>34624604
He did, but nowhere near the extreme amount that Hillary did. Honestly, the whole thing was rigged to begin with. The DNC chair was her campaign manager against Obama and the previous DNC chair who had to step down for her to become DNC chair became, you guessed it, her vice president candidate.
>>
>>34624621
that black woman from cnn was caught giving hillary debate questions.

cnn caught telling a focus group what to say about a debate, to support hillary.

DNCLeak emails showing the party was against bernie from the get go.

fake news about bernie supporters causing trouble at trump events.

DNCLeak email showing hillary campaign wanted the media to prop up trump, cruz, and carson. to make the republican candidate too far right to win. avoid having hillary run against rubio or rand.
>>
>>34624404
>who cares if the government sends an agent to fuck your ass every Tuesday and your asshole leaks shit for the rest of the week, just wear a diaper you bunch of tards

Slit your throat with a kitchen knife, faggot.
>>
>>34624327
Not all Euro countries, mind you. But some select examples show where this logic can shine through even in a largely anti-gun body of law.
>>
>>34624353
Wow, no shit, some extra weight up front creates more mechanical resistance to recoil. Better outlaw extreme PCP bench rifles. I can't believe the things people worry about.
>>
>>34625962
the thing here is how we have a de facto ban on suppressors while they're inherently legal
when it comes to regulations hardly anyone makes a mess as big as ours
>>
If suppressors go off NFA I will buy at least twenty of them.
>>
>>34623364
In almost a decade on patrol in the hood, I have yet to see a suppressor used once in a crime, despite the overwhelming majority of guns I've recovered and seen recovered having been illegally owned, stolen, etc. I'm also told that Shotspotter systems will still detect and locate most suppressed gunfire based on the supersonic crack and the muffled report. It only becomes an issue when we're talking about DeLisle tier suppression, which is honestly not practical for use in street crime.
Street criminals won't use them because you can't easily conceal them and they offer little benefit. Organized criminals already have all of the resources and capability to make or obtain suppressors and use them if they wish to - but they seem to very rarely want to anyway.

My biggest concern about SHUSH and HPA is basically "Will my department let me put a can on my duty gun?"
>>
>>34622839
Don't you have a 3rd party Libertarian candidate to waste your vote on?
>>
The idea that this has anything to do with hearing protection is just as silly as the other side's suggestion that it will lead to an outbreak of silencer-toting assassins. This is 100% about people wanting more range toys.
>>
>>34624604
Bernie never had a fucking chance. He would rightly have been pointed out as the Marxist, Conscientious Objector only until no longer draftable, piece of shit he is.
>>
>>34628986
i want them for hearing protection, also shooting off my back deck without disturbing my neighbors.
>>
>>34628986
The range toy aspect is definitely part of it, but I already have tinnitus and the fact that this would make all my range guns more pleasant to shoot and not exacerbate said tinnitus for less than $1000 and having to mother-may-I to multiple law enforcement agencies makes it worth it for that alone.
Go fuck yourself and correct the record elsewhere.
>>
>>34629120
Fuck you too, snowflake. I never implied there was anything wrong with wanting more range toys, just that I'm not particularly invested in this bill's success given its low stakes.
>>
>>34622839
do you know where you are?
i mean holy shit a by partisan-ish firearms bill? that gives bake previously taken rights?

what more do you want??
>>
>>34628921
>muh wasted vote meme
10 years ago it was "Who".
Now it's "muh wasted vote".
10 years from now people will have forgotten the word Republican or democrat. You can push the 'muh wasted vote' narrative the jews love as much as you want, but it won't change the fact that voting third party is the only way to end the tyranny of the federal government and it's career politicians.
>>
>>34629834
>implying the second a third party candidate becomes mainstream the same interests that corrupted dems and GOP arent going to corrupt the third party candidate

the problem isnt the "two party system" the problem is modern lack of any kind of empathy or sympathy for your fellow man, or any kind of knowledge on how you affect others around you

the current political climate is a direct result of people only thinking about themselves
>>
>>34628986
Well duh
>>
>>34629867
>the problem isnt the "two party system"
It's a huge problem, fuck off to Europe.
>>
>>34623364
Really easy answer: sounds as loud as an unmuffled gun shot will always cause hearing damage, even if it's just one.
>>
>>34623364
If you understood how suppressors work you'd understand that it doesn't turn the "bang" of a firearm into a soft "poof" like it does in movies; it's merely a more quiet bang that reduces overall noise pollution.
>>
>>34624089
They're dumb fucking cucks that want to import worthless low iq non whites. They scream about MUH GOBERNMENT but say boning about welfare to worthless nonwhites or how non whites are for big government and are usually socialists.
Just leftist cucks under a different name.
>>
>>34622807
Make like a silencer and shut up! Leftists are going to find out about this bill and suppress it (lol)
>>
>>34624438
Yes it fucking is that bad.

Waiting a fucking year for delivery of my purchase is bad.
>>
>>34630555
yeah it's not right.
>>
>>34622839
Go fuck yourself antigun jew. Burn in hell.
>>
>>34623364
Fuck off liberal jew/goycuck
>>
>>34624142
The AS VAL and VSS aren't mentioned in any trade agreement you stupid asshole.
>>
>>34632842
The voluntary restrictions on arms between Russia and American lists weapons that ARE allowed, not those that are disallowed. If it's not on the approved list, it's not getting in.

Fucking moron.
>>
>>34633090
Show it you stupid asshole. VEPR guns weren't even a thing when those trade agreement papers banned guns like the SVD you faggot who makes shit up and assumes it to be true.
>>
>>34633205
Here you go, you fucking moron concentrate. Go abort yourself.

http://tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreements/All_Trade_Agreements/exp_005371.asp

>VEPR guns weren't even a thing when
They absolutely fucking were a thing in 1998.
>>
>>34623364
>what is a drill press and some steel cylinders in the right hands unregistered.
>fucking idiot
>>
File: IMG_8737.jpg (70KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8737.jpg
70KB, 1024x768px
>>34629834
Trump is literally the closest thing we've seen to a third party candidate get POTUS. Cry moar
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.