[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been giving some thought to this recently and I wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: pvt_kitty_I_will_protect_you.jpg (22KB, 423x413px) Image search: [Google]
pvt_kitty_I_will_protect_you.jpg
22KB, 423x413px
I've been giving some thought to this recently and I wanted some other opinions from people who could actually give good answers.

Why is war so interesting, so beautiful to study and to learn about? Why, for the violence enthusiasts of /k/, is war cool?
>>
Dangerous things always have and always will be cool.
Devices that give the wielder power will always be fascinating and interesting.
In addition, there are also mechanical and historical aspects.
>>
File: 1494452019561.png (459KB, 496x494px) Image search: [Google]
1494452019561.png
459KB, 496x494px
>>34622112
>studying war means you want it to happen more
If anything it will help keep them from happening
>>
artistically and culturally combat is the single greatest "game". It involves every sense and skill and has the most serious penalty for loss.

World war 2 is probably the most important thing to happen within the last human lifetime.

Finally and most importantly what are the only actual "adventurers" to exist? Explorers and warriors. Not much exploring left today, all the adventure is left for warriors.
>>
File: 1479350140115.jpg (48KB, 346x326px) Image search: [Google]
1479350140115.jpg
48KB, 346x326px
>>34622112
I assume i must have some sort of mental issue.

I keep reading up on people with PTSD, the real shitty things about war, waiting for nothing to happen, the boredom, the snippets of action, watching jarhead, reading up on stories about crappy superiors and all i can think of is "MAN, I REALLY WISH THAT WAS ME RIGHT NOW"

How fucked up do you have to be to like even the most shittiest part of war.
>>
>>34622157
I agree with you on every account m8, I joined the navy for that exact reason. I wanted to go on adventures and see the world.

As for war, I think it purifies man into his most honest state. It peels back the polite veneer of society, the values that have been imposed on him, redefines his role as a social animal as one of bloodshed. You take apart every layer and what you have left is a savage.
>tldr I'm drunk
>>
>>34622175
I think you lack a sense of purpose and belonging.
>>
>>34622264
Well.... You aint wrong.
>>
>>34622112
Why are you autistic?
>>
>>34622112
If war wasn't so popular, why would we keep doing it?

As humans we love the heartbreak, the sacrifice, the honor and the pride. War pretty much encapsulates all the human race loves
>>
Because you have never experienced it. Get the fuck out of your parents basement and enlist in a part of the military that does frontline work. I doubt you will feel the same way.
>>
The most interesting things in the world involve some type of a conflict and war is the greatest conflict of them all.
Which is why war is something that people find interesting, even if they have no desire to experience it.
>>
>>34622361
How old are you? If that's how you really feel, stop being a faggot and enlist.
>>
>>34622112
Factual accounts describe warfare as being long periods of boredom and physical discomfort punctuated by brief moments of terror and confusion.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.