[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Sir Arthur Harris a pioneer in strategic bombing? Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

Was Sir Arthur Harris a pioneer in strategic bombing? Or a war-criminal?
>>
>>34621098
hellstorm its a documentary check it out
>>
>>34621098
Pioneer in strategic bombing

>inb4 buttblasted wehraboos
>>
>>34621098
He ass blasted Germany so hard they had to Specifically ban firebombing of civilian areas in the 1949 geneva convention revision to stop him from "Doing It Again".

He was without a doubt a war criminal for what he did, but to be fair everyone was a war criminal and you just did what you had too to win the war.
>>
>>34621098
You're never a war criminal if you win.
>>
DO IT AGAIN BOMBER HARRIS
>>
File: douhet.jpg (50KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
douhet.jpg
50KB, 471x600px
>>34621098
>pioneer

in terms of applicaiton, but he is not the originator of the idea
>>
>>34621098
well if he'd be the pioneer of strategic bombing he'd also be a war criminal. But going with /k/'s "da nazis did da same therefore it's not a crime" position he'd be neither
>>
>>34621098
Curtis LeMay was better at it.
>>
File: lanc.jpg (83KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
lanc.jpg
83KB, 700x465px
>>34621098
Pioneer.

Germany 100 % deserved it.
> The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put that rather naïve theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind

By the point dresden was destroyed the germans had:
> Invaded Numerous neutral powers
> Strafed refugee columns across france and belgium
> Strategically bombed cities
> Sank millions of tonnes of merchants & executed survivors
> Launched indiscriminate V1s & V2s at London
> Allies had started to liberate concentration camps

If you dish out you can't take it, don't dish it out.

DO IT AGAIN HARRY! DO IT AGAIN!
>>
File: name.jpg (39KB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
name.jpg
39KB, 400x417px
SAY IT WITH ME /K/

AIR MARSHAL SIR ARTHUR HARRIS
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 450x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 450x433px
>>34621098
The real question is, who did it better?
>>
>>34621098

War is crimes against humanity. But criminals need to be punished, so we have war. Humans are heroic criminals that must self-punish through war for reasons
>>
File: Dresden4Chan.png (508KB, 643x643px) Image search: [Google]
Dresden4Chan.png
508KB, 643x643px
>>34623420
HE WAS A SAVAGE MURDERER, I SAY
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 300x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 300x178px
>>34623420
Hey Harris, how hot are your bombs?
I dunno like 1250 maybe 1500 degrees?
You are like little baby, watch this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.