[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MP9 >finally a real competition to the Glock monopoly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: 1500671667507.webm (1006KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
1500671667507.webm
1006KB, 720x408px
>MP9
>finally a real competition to the Glock monopoly
>ppq
>finally the true Glock killer
>VP9
>Glock is really finished this time guys
>CZ P-10
>Finally...
Why do we kid ourselves? There is no substitute for a Glock, even the Navy Seals who can use any fucking pistol they want chooses a Glock.
>>
>>34617371
/k/ is full of gun hipsters who can't stand the idea of using a normie gun like a Glock even if it is the best, most practical option because of how lightweight, accurate, reliable, ubiquitous, and easy to work on it is.
>>
>>34617371
This just in, Glock is no longer the only polymer handgun on the market with a good reputation.
Glockfags want to think that people that like things that aren't Glock are "clearly" hoping for Glock to fall off the face of the planet.
What else is new?

Also, I believe you are leaving out a particular polymer handgun that just so happens to rustle many Glockfag jimmies; perhaps, on purpose?
No, of course you wouldn't do that.
The Glock is the perfect soldier's handgun afterall.
>>
>>34618079

>The Glock is the perfect soldier's handgun afterall.

No manual safety, most soldiers are stupid enough to need one
>>
File: 0Pk3u.jpg (20KB, 449x300px) Image search: [Google]
0Pk3u.jpg
20KB, 449x300px
>>34617371
I can not understand why everyone is obsessed these days with the Glock 17 and the Glock 19, shit just Glock in general but especially these two models of theirs. First off, 9mm. It's a 100 year old cartridge that is long past its prime and that's ignoring 45ACP. Since 1994 when the 357 Sig was introduced the 9mm should have been dethroned instantly. Shooting at 300fps faster than 9mm, the 357sig does EVERYTHING better than the 9mm. Hold on I hear you all complaining already, blah blah more recoil, blah blah it's louder. Man up sissy boys. Grip the gun like a man and wear earplugs. I don't want to hear you bitch especially when all of you think bigger is better for your rifles. "You got a .308? Psh. I have a man's gun, 300win mag like Chris Kyle but I guess you can't handle a man's cartridge." Now onto Glock. Perfection, my ass. I've owned a gen 3 Glock 17 for 4 years now. Do you know how many times that stupid thing has a malfunction. Only about every time I take it shooting. No, I'm not shooting junk ammo, my other guns function just fine on the same ammo. No, my recoil spring isn't bad, and neither were the two springs I had tried before that. Glock is a company that got police departments on board for cheap and then the bandwagon of fanboys who want the cool police/military gear happily jump blindly aboard. My only hope is that now that the Army has picked a real gun, the Sig P320, as their sidearm people will jump on board with an actual quality striker fired pistol and put Glock in the ground where it should be with a spot for the 9mm next to it waiting. If only the military had gone with 357sig for their P320 but I suppose when you have stock piles of 9mm litterally everywhere it makes sense to go with a lack-luster and inferior cartridge. So all you Glock and 9mm fanboys, just sit down and shut up and realize all your stuff isn't all that great and about everything else out there is superior to your century old caliber and cheap plastic gun.
>>
>>34617371
You don't like choices, anon? I do. Also, rough fucking video.
>>
>>34618079
>people that like things that aren't Glock are "clearly" hoping for Glock to fall off the face of the planet
Aren't they?
How much business have S&W, Walther, Springfield, etc. lost as a direct result of people getting memed into buying a Glock 19?
Glock is the elephant in the room in any discussion of plastic service autos; it's the standard by which all other guns of its type are judged, and fans of those other guns would clearly be much more comfortable in a world in which they didn't have to worry about how their favorite combat Tupperware measures up.
>>
I said it before and I'll say it again. The Glock 19 is what the Smith and Wesson Model 10 was in the past. It's the gun that American gun users latched onto and said "that's the one" there are a number of reasons for that: Simplicity, reliability and ease of use. As a result of being so popular, there is a large aftermarket for it, so even though there are a number of far better options out there, it's hard to replace.

Like the S&W Model 10 there are far better designs that improve on it greatly. Firearms enthusiasts either use a different gun or a model that is so tricked out that it's practically a different gun. With so many designs determined to replace it it's only a matter of time until one does.

Glawk's days are numbered, and I say this as a Glock owner.
>>
>>34618154
>.357 SIG does everything better than 9mm
>Only advantage he can list is FPS because that really is its only advantage

.357 SIG is a useless also-ran because its performance is equivalent to 9mm +P while packaged in a case the same size as .40 S&W.
>>
>>34618154
After I moved to USA, I bought myself a Glock for my birthday. Also bought a box of 500 rounds. Took it to the range, no pre-use clean or anything. Shot all 500 rounds fine. Shot another 1500 through it that year. Cleaned it - and by clean I mean pushed the pipe cleaner thing through the barrel - maybe four times. Never had a malfunction. Stored my mags all fully loaded including the 33rd. Never any issue. You're so mad bro.
>>
>>34618079
It didn't win, it was only chosen because it was cheaper you asshat. You don't know how fucking governments acquisition work.
>>
>OP's pic
What the fuck?
>>
>>34618460
This, the government even said in the appeal that Glock made that the P320 was less reliable and less accurate, but not enough to justify paying $100 million more. But if you're a civilian and they're about the same price to you, there's no reason to settle for that shit.
>>
>>34618154
The only issue you can really take with .357 Sig is capacity. Recoil and whatever else I agree is stupid, but if you're going to neck down a .40 case why not just say fuck it and go back to 10mm?
>>
>>34618110
>Most AMERICAN soldiers are stupid enough to need one
>>
>>34618490
>The only issue you can really take with .357 Sig is capacity.
The bottleneck makes it a bitch to handload compared to other pistol cartridges, and factory ammo is too expensive not to.
>>
>>34618485
Err just because they never went with the 3rd phase of the trial doesn't mean the Sig is less reliable and/or accurate. It just meant that the Army came with a decision within two phases. Sure Glock can do a billion in house tests that have the Sig fail compared to the 19MHS, but at the end of the day they are only in house tests. While there are countless videos on youtube proving the P320's reliability.
>>
>>34618154
Maybe glock would be dethroned if some other manufacturer managed to make their guns as size and weight efficient and still have it be reliable. All these copies, and nobody else is close. All they have is gimmicky shit that makes no difference for actual use and most of which can be added to glocks anyway if you care.
>>
>>34618468

Some nutball tried to hijack a bus in China, crashed it in an apparent suicide attempt.
>>
Give any of those guns 30 years worth of aftermarket support, police catering and advertising campaign and it would be about the same as Glock.

If you like em, fine.
If you dont, also fine.
>>
>>34618527
Makes reloading a bitch sure. But if it were to obtain the ubiquity of 9mm, factory loads would come down in price and make reloading a lot less cost effective.
>>
>>34618534
>Err just because they never went with the 3rd phase of the trial doesn't mean the Sig is less reliable and/or accurate.

Yeah, but the Army's conclusion at the end of testing of the full size p320 and full size glock WAS that the 320 was less accurate and reliable. Them fucking up the compact test and not counting it because of a statistically insignificant number of rounds fired doesn't discount that.

>at the end of the day they are only in house tests. While there are countless videos on youtube proving the P320's reliability.

Those videos have a sample size of 1 unless they're all using the same methodology. The Army tests had to be done with a statistically significant sample size, thus making them useful for evaluating the quality of the average handgun. Sure it's probably "good enough", but there's no argument that it's as good, much less better, than glock in terms of reliability.
>>
>>34618550
It's pretty frustrating that nobody except Steyr makes a gun that competes directly with the 19.
>>
>>34618110
He was being sarcastic
>>
File: Screenshot_20170721-193937.jpg (517KB, 1290x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170721-193937.jpg
517KB, 1290x1009px
>>34618460
>>34618485
>T-THE BLOCK T-TOTALLY BLEW THE SIG OUT OF THE WATER!!!
>T-THE ARMY ARE JUST A B-BUNCH OF J-JEWS
really makes you think
>>
>>34618460
>>34618485
Why is this surprising? The army always did this because running an army is actually fucking expensive
>>
>>34619116
And yet they just wasted $170M on a bunch of handguns that no one will ever use.
>>
>>34618154
I can't believe you wrote all of this for a troll
>>
>>34618565
But at that point, the Glock would have 60 years of all those things and would still be better.
>>
File: 144876753323.jpg (28KB, 462x427px) Image search: [Google]
144876753323.jpg
28KB, 462x427px
>>34618974
>literally everything related to how the glock would work in terms of getting guns into the hands of solders is outstanding
>somehow Sig's meme chassis system that will never get used and some vague promise of ammo make it outstanding
This is going to be a fun couple years when the Sig rollout inevitably turns into a clusterfuck.
>>
File: 449.jpg (834KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
449.jpg
834KB, 2160x3840px
>>34619973
>agemono
>>
Allow me to be a filthy centrist for a moment

It is by far the most practical handgun ever built, used by 70% of all law enforcment worldwide

However it is also by far the least sexy handgun in the history of man. Boring looking, boring caliber, etc

Anti gunners and fudds have forced us into a postion of thinking "guns only have one purpose" and I despise this notion. Guns are a symbol of freedom. Glocks have a hard time conveying that

Practical? Absolutely

Sexy and symbolic? Absoulutely not

>inb4 someone posts a glock with a tacky gold barrel claiming sexy
>>
>>34618445
>>.357 SIG is a useless also-ran because its performance is equivalent to 9mm +P while packaged in a case the same size as .40 S&W.
The performance equivalent of .357 Sig is .40 S&W, the main difference being the slightly less muzzle flip and slightly more muzzle blast. Whether that's an advantage or not, I'll leave that up to you to decide.
>>
>>34618513
Manual safeties are standard on British military issued glocks you mongoloid.
As far as I know the Austrian military glicks have no safety
>>
>>34620119
Shut the fuck up and stream Herculoids instead of shooting at vests Harrel.
>>
>>34620139
Do the Aussies still run Gen1 Glocks?
>>
>>34617371
NO SURVIVORS`
>>
>>34620089
i think desert tan glocks look very sexy
>>
File: 1494301113968.png (810KB, 599x601px) Image search: [Google]
1494301113968.png
810KB, 599x601px
>>34620089
>Glocks aren't se-
>>
File: 1494951721036.jpg (35KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
1494951721036.jpg
35KB, 640x621px
>>34618974
>13 Under the factor 1 reliability evaluation, Sig Sauer’s full-sized handgun had a higher stoppage rate than Glock’s handgun, and there may have been other problems with the weapon’s accuracy. AR, Tab 3, SSDD, at 12. Due to the Army’s redactions of the agency report, the results of Sig Sauer’s compact handgun test are unknown.

>Simply put, when taking the price premium into account, there is no correlating superior performance factor
for Glock, as compared to Sig Sauer, to support paying that premium. Consequently, I cannot justify paying a price premium of over 37% for the Glock submission, even as a second award. One (1) award to Sig Sauer
on Solicitation Number W15QKN-15-R-0002 represents the overall best value to the Government. Id. at 24. On this basis, the SSA decided to make only one award. Id. at 25.

The block did in fact btfo the exetershit, and the Army are in fact jews.
>>
>>34620139
No they're not retard. They have no manual safeties on either the Austrian or UK glocks.
>>
>>34621209
Is that a glock 19 cut down to 26 grip length?
>>
>PPQ
>"true Glock killer"

lmAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The closest thing we have to a """""""Glock Killer"""""" is the Sig P320.
>>
>>34618456
>Also bought a box of 500 rounds. Took it to the range, no pre-use clean or anything. Shot all 500 rounds fine.

>heh he shot all his bullets.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.