[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, /a/ here. How do I become a badass without joining the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1495103035432.jpg (222KB, 809x548px) Image search: [Google]
1495103035432.jpg
222KB, 809x548px
Hey /k/, /a/ here. How do I become a badass without joining the military? Preferably I want to become skilled at both ranged and melee combat.

I already bought an AR-15 and Glock 19 because you said they were the best guns.
>>
>>34616261
Are you fit?
Do you have somewhere to drill?
Do you have access to people who have been in the army?
Do you have money to take courses with?
Do you have a fair disposable income for gadgets and ammunition?
Do you have free time to drill daily or bi-daily for an hour or more?
Have you even done a martial art?
What the fuck are you even going to do as a "badass"?
>>
>>34616261
take up a martial art that is not mcdojo bullshit but is simple/sporty enough to spar all-out. judo is a fair option, BJJ and boxing are ok as well.

do IDPA/IPSC/threegun.

be in shape.
>>
File: haHAA.jpg (57KB, 644x800px) Image search: [Google]
haHAA.jpg
57KB, 644x800px
>>34616261
mfw

>>34616318
answer those questions nigga
>>
>>34616261
Why would you not just join the military if you are a burger.
It's free money, and unending respect from normies.
>>
I think OP wants shit like small unit tactics and basic mil knowledge

just buy the ranger handbook
>>
>>34616261
as anon said, do competition shooting. uspsa/idpa/etc. I don't recommend 3gun because I don't think shotguns are appropriate or relevant enough to bother training with. Shooting skeet/trap is fun though.

if you want to practice small unit tactics without being .mil, the easiest/safest way is airsoft milsim
>>
>>34616511
I recommend 2gun over 3gun.
>>
>>34616536
same. that's my ultimate preference in competitive shooting. shame it isn't more popular
>>
>>34616261
Here's a rundown for you friendo
If you wanna be a badass then you better be fit now or you better be knocking off those pounds
I hope you're not a ton older than 25 because you're going to spend a lot of time learning and getting better at thing before you become good at hth and marksmanship, putting you probably in your 30s by then

The prostrat is start being fit and interested in guns and shit before you're 18, and stay that way, then you have a chance of being "badass" if you stick with it
>>
>>34616432
haha Le EpiC twitch MeMeS!!!!
>>
>>34616540
It's because it's all ad-hoc and local. I shoot IDPA competitively but use 2gun to play, because it essentially doesn't matter. I'll show up with any combination of meme guns I can get my hands on and even LARP, but with IDPA it's always taken seriously and shot with the best tuned competition pistol I can afford. If that happened to 2gun I'd need to build a gucci lightweight AR with a hair trigger and I'd rather not.
>>
>>34616261
Join a Hapkido dojang
Buy a gun
Drill with gun a bunch
Lift heavy objects
Stop going on /a/
Come back in ten years
>>
>>34616644
orangecat, you know I would shoot my FAL in USPSA if they let me. i could give a heck about classifying or placing
>>
>>34616487
OP should also realize that small unit tactics require just that - a unit. You can be the most fit, accurate, trained individual but you need equally badass squadmates and you need to drill together to really reach your full potential.
>>
File: 1491847888789.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491847888789.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>34616261
Beat it nerd.
>>
>>34616318
>Are you fit?

I think a lot about combat in a wide variety of situations, but I know that the muscles a swordsmaster trains and those a bodybuilder trains are very different.

...I'm just teasing you. I'm pudgy but not fat and my warehouse job involves a lot of lifting and carrying boxes full of stuff, even if I'm a couch potato in my off time.

>Do you have somewhere to drill?

I have a two-bedroom apartment in the suburbs and that's about it.

>Do you have access to people who have been in the army?

My uncle is a Vietnam veteran but we haven't seen him in about a decade.

>Do you have money to take courses with?

That depends on how much they cost!

>Do you have a fair disposable income for gadgets and ammunition.

Yeah, probably. For ammo, at least, I don't know if I can afford a ten thousand dollar Omnicron-Max Uberscope hand-crafted by the most slender-fingered Persian catamites for use by /arg/'s most enlightened tripfags. I have a job.

>Do you have free time to drill daily or bi-daily for an hour or more?

Darned tootin' I do!

>Have you ever done a martial art?

Yes, but it was one of those family-friendly ones where you don't learn how to fight so much as you get some exercise and then get told to fuck off and teach the little kids how to punch and kick or else do forms over and over unless you're friends with the right old people.

>What the fuck are you even going to do as a "badass?"

Badassery, hopefully. I should give a meme response like "defend my waifu from terrorists", but she has a mobile suit and is perfectly fine. Honestly, I just think it's better to live as a badass than as a useless otaku.

>>34616349

There's a boxing club near my apartment and I visit an indoor range once a week. I don't know what the rest of those are except threegun and that's because Keanu Reeves did it for Jon Wick.
>>
>>34616438

I nearly did, a few years ago. Unfortunately I smoked a lot of marijuana back then and wouldn't have had a prayer of passing a hair folicle test, and I made the mistake of admitting I have ADHD to the recruiter.

Plus I'm nearly thirty. Also I don't want to risk being at the beck and call of a Democrat if Trump loses reelection.

>>34616487

Ranger handbook? I suppose that's on Amazon, that's a start.

>>34618344

So you're saying I need to acquire nakama and we need to get strong together. Huh, One Piece is more accurate than I thought.
>>
>>34616349
This is all correct. I'm a fan of boxing over BJJ or Judo, but I think that might just be bias from doing it since high school and the fear that if a fight ever went to the ground, I feel like the opponent's friends would probably jump in. That's probably not an issue of you live in a town that is 80% black though.
>>
>>34619997
>>34620019
>>34620040
>plebbit spacing

H'okay now we're getting somewhere
Lift more than your warehouse job and practice flexibility exercises, meaning less couch and more cardio
Gonna need to find land you can set up targets and drill on, basically cardboard or whatever you want.
Find people with experience, and that's harder than it sounds. Ask other anons where to meet ex-mil people
Classes can range from $500 to $5000 (or more) depending on what you want. Do you want something specific on a subject like room clearing or a comprehensive carbine course?
Don't need a $10k scope a red dot optic zero'd for 100 yards would be good for anything you may encounter as of right now.
Good, research land to shoot at and spend time learning your handling and recoil at the range, zero and be confident with the zero, then go and start to add different distances, elevation, etc. Also use this time to love the shit out of your guns and learn the moving parts and how to clean and maintain them.
Learn a martial art for real, the hapkido sounds interesting but I have seen results from judo
Have a goal for being a badass, otherwise you may get bored of it. Be it meme-worth as it may if you want it to be a hobby have something in mind.
This is why I never smoked or injected shit, #1 it burns money and #2 the government cares, glad I avoided all of that.
Field manuals, while weak, are decent reading. I have a fair amount that range from range-keeping to team tactics. Of coure, you need a team and not some weebshit meme

Anyways that's just a rundown of what you can do, not what you should do. It depends on circumstance.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170721-233730.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170721-233730.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34616261
>Four SMGs
>Two handguns
>no skill compatibility

What kind of bullshit team is this?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.