[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What I want to know about all these self proclaimed experts is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: mas.jpg (24KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
mas.jpg
24KB, 400x600px
What I want to know about all these self proclaimed experts is how many of them have actually been in a gunfight. How many gunfights has Massad Ayoob been in? How many men has he killed? I'll bet zero.
>>
File: paul harrell.jpg (37KB, 685x652px) Image search: [Google]
paul harrell.jpg
37KB, 685x652px
http://www.wallowa.com/20061130/i-will-be-exonerated-troy-shooting-defendant-vows
>>
Last time I checked (and I was drunk and it was a while ago) he hasn't killed anyone.

But if you wanna call Ayoob wrong or inexperienced you can fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>34612727
i was under the impression his expertise was more on the legal side of self defense, basing his advice on years of professional LE and courtroom witness observations as well as legal knowledge.
the most valid criticism i've seen of him is that he often cites cases, which while a matter of public record, are not accessible without requesting some podunk county to drag them out of storage, copy, and ship them at your own expense. of course then, you'd have to read as much as boxes of documents to verify or refute his assertion and not having been there you'd still be missing out on the interpersonal element. some of his stuff is just unfalsifiable unfortunately.
>>
>>34612727
why don't you go take a few lessons from Vasili Blokhin if that's how you feel about it.
>>
>>34612743
Fpbp
>>
Ya know I always thought these arguments were a bit odd and otherwise incapable of proving a point. Even career soldiers don't have a ton of experience actually killing people in gunfights, especially at duper Close range. Not like other professions do with their work anyway. All those guys that do eventually kill someone trained their asses of before that and from what I can tell the only difference between the guy that has killed someone and the guy that hasn't are opportunity and the guy that gets killed. After that the "veteran" can talk about the stress or lack thereof during the shootout and the psychological effects after but that's it. Still just comes down to training and opportunity
>>
>>34612727
He's a professional witness. His job is to get called up by the defense for $200 an hour and say the cop did nothing wrong.
People tend to believe "experts" but there's 0 standards for expertise in law enforcement tactics so any idiot can claim the title.
And since it's considered so specific you could bring in an expert from Shin Bet who you know is an expert on proportional force and it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>34612727

I took a MAG40 class years ago, and had a pretty great time.

2 days of shooting
2 days of legal talk

Ayoob's course is stuck in 1991, but it was still pretty solid. I look back and see it more of a great primer for self defense shooting, and it's not bad for someone new to shooting and concealed carry.

>talks about various shooting techniques
>who created them, and why they were popular
>when they are useful, when they are not
>had to pass a police qualifier course of fire at the end.

The legals were great.

Everyone knows the common memes of Ayoob's course, no reloaded defensive ammo, no tricked up triggers, etc. They are often debated and argued about on the board.

However, taking the course is entirely different. He doesn't share most of the course on youtube or gun magazines, because they require a longer and more nuanced legal explanation.

>he covers topics of identifying means, motive and opportunity.
>the Law of Competing Horrors
>understanding your local stautes
>what a "jury of your peers" really means
>expecting the jury to not have a lifetime of hollywood gun memes as their basis of knowledge
>the power of articulation and communication

It's pretty clear he understands how the legal system works, what will help you, and what will backfire against you. The legal class was 20 hours in two days, and more intense than any college class I've ever taken.

After MAG40, it was obvious to me that SaigaMarine was fucked.

other fun facts
>he smokes like a chimney
>very foul mouthed
>calls himself an arab all the time
>preferred beer is Rolling Rock
>calls bad guys "mongo".
>>
>>34614572
Sounds like a pretty cool dude
>>
I love m14 thats my favourite semi-automatic gun.
>>
>>34614649
Jesus is this what public education turns out? Summer fag troll worst troll
>>
File: 1493591597326.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493591597326.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
>you need to have killed another human being in order to effectively teach other people

Damn, I love this meme!
>>
>>34612743
Paul harrell is fucking BASED
>>
>>34612743
I never doubted Paul Harrell. He seemed like the real deal, even if I don't agree with everything he says.
>>
>>34614572
>mongo
What's that? Some old cop slang?
>>
>>34614640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTs-ZKxS9SA&index=1&list=PLEE4D0E531146288D

There may be people more operator but his legal knowledge has almost no equal.

>>34615688
Short for mongoloid.
>>
File: cognitive dissonance.png (368KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cognitive dissonance.png
368KB, 1280x720px
>>34614572
>no tricked up triggers
>You can't kill anybody with a light pull trigger. The prosecutor will say you're bloodthirsty!
>You can't kill anybody with a light pull trigger. The prosecutor will say you're reckless!
Which is it? Both are obviously false, yet they contradict each other. Either you killed your assailant intentionally or not.

Of course both accusations could be easily refuted by saying, "Damn right, I killed him intentionally, and I hope he burns in hell. You got a problem with that?" The law protects the rights of the bloodthirsty man as much as those of the pacifist.

>>34615759
>There may be people more operator but his legal knowledge has almost no equal.
His "legal knowledge" is mostly fuddlore.
>>
>>34614572
He actually is an arab though
>>
>>34615819
>"Damn right, I killed him intentionally, and I hope he burns in hell. You got a problem with that?" The law protects the rights of the bloodthirsty man as much as those of the pacifist.

I would like to see that defense in court be a pioneer and use it, say hi to Sage for me.
>>
>>34615819
>"Damn right, I killed him intentionally, and I hope he burns in hell. You got a problem with that?"

So what you're saying, Anon, is on that day you set out to kill someone? You might not have had Mr Ja-La-Quarius Jackson in mind, but once confronted you knew you finally had your chance to end someone's life. Ladies and gentle of the jury, you heard it straight from the defendant, this wasn't just some random act of self-defense.
>>
>>34616108
Even the judge would groan at that because that isn't what he said at all. Intending to do something isn't the same as planning to do something. All that dank reference means is that someone pulled the trigger and thought
>yes, this may kill someone
>>
>>34612727
If I recall, his jeweler father had to shoot and kill an armed robber, perhaps in Massad's presence? Does that count?
>>
>>34614572
>After MAG40, it was obvious to me that SaigaMarine was fucked.
You might need to take it again bub. Pay attention next time.
>>
>>34615631
He does explicitly tell you that you don't have to after all
>>
>>34618225
Wow they let you post on 4chan from jail?
>>
>>34618283
You wouldn't believe it. Brevik and I are playing split-screen Halo 2 tonight. Coagulation. Snipers only.
>>
>>34618288
Is it true the loser sucks the winners dick
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.