[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys hate/like about your states gun laws? Each state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 23

File: 1500509200931.jpg (100KB, 1020x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1500509200931.jpg
100KB, 1020x1020px
What do you guys hate/like about your states gun laws? Each state has their quirks, any that irk you/make you happy? As an oklahoma fag, our laws make me pretty content to live here.
>>
Super annoyed that Ohio keeps dragging their feet on constitutional carry. Overall our laws are pretty good, and we have some good legislation in the pipeline, but fuck the legislative process takes too goddamn long.
>>
>>34610223
That's the only positive of the south, extreme gun culture.
>>
AZ here, and I've never had any law rustle my jimmies. I can't think of any, off the top of my head, that are stupid. We have open carry, and conceal carry without a permit, so yeah, things are cool.
>>
I live in Alaska, without question the best gun laws in the free world, I'd like the law where you don't have to inform the cops you're CC'ing.
>>
Say what you like about California's gun laws, and they really are very bad, but the state's knife laws are not too awful, and its self-defense laws are actually pretty okay.
>>
>>34610175
NY......better than someone but who the fuck cares. When it comes to gun rights we are the potato that cheated to win the special olympics
>>
Massachusetts here
Our gun laws are so convoluted and retarded. They were literally drafted in deliberate ignorance and arrogance and are intentionally misleaded in the hopes of convicted law abiding citizens for not clearly understanding the nomenclature that is drafted. I hate my state, and I am moving out as soon as possible.
>>
File: 1478607369344.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478607369344.webm
3MB, 480x270px
California
Fuck the 10 round magazine limit
Fuck the handgun roster
Fuck banning features on rifles
Fuck the lack of CCW
Fuck those 2018 ammo laws
>>
CO...It's okay. I mean, we aren't Commiefornia yet, and the Sheriffs don't enforce the mag limits (numerous ones have gone on record, stating that it would be impossible), so all in all, could be better, could be worse.
>>
NY

Fuck the SAFE act with a 10 foot dragon dildo

I can live with 10 round limit begrudgingly but I just want to collect guns and finding stuff that's semi auto that meets ourstupid "one feature test" is very limiting

I make good money here but will jump at the chance to move
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 1433x930px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 1433x930px
>>34610680
Selling a 17 year old .303
>>
Live in TN
>It's meh
>>
>>34610175
Florida reporting in. I guess I feel that the founding fathers would probably be cool with me owning fully automatic weapons, hand grenades, maybe an RPG if I feel lucky. Also sucks you can't form a militia without half your recruits being FBI agents looking to shut you down (not that I'd join some white power terrorist blow up the government group anyway).

But meh, we've got it about as good as anyone.
>>
As much as I hate to say it, I'm glad OC is illegal here in Florida. No having to see dipshit Mcdipshit waltzing around unaware with his shitty XD or Taurus in a non retention nylon holster.
>>
im fine with iowas laws
>>
NH here, pretty fuckin sweet after Sununu made ccw need no permit, and its easy to buy guns too.
>>
>>34610175
>ltc
>need ltc to carry a loaded gun in your car
>if you don't it's a felony of the 3rd degree
I fucking love Pennsylvania but got damn it's gun laws are retarded, not as bad as NY/CA/IL
>>
>north dakota
>can't carry in restaurants
everything else is good
>>
>>34610566
also CO
the gun I want comes with either 17rd mags or 10rd, I had to choose 10 because of a 15rd limit.
I hear people say they don't enforce the mag limits but it's not like I can just go to a local shop and buy that stuff.
>>
>>34610175
i live in idaho...
>>
Indiana

>Shall issue
>Castle Doctrine
>No ridiculous restrictions or registration

Dislike
>CC and open carrying pistols requires a permit
>Permit costs money and takes a few weeks to get
>>
>>34610916
I supported it and will support it if it comes around again but I did have a slight guilty sigh of relief for that reason. I want college campus carry to become a thing like it did in Texas and fuck permits. Everything is pretty okay in Fl though.
>>
>>34610175
In cuck states, the majority of people dont bother complying with the gun laws

Unless youre in my state or HI...
>>
>>34611431
Why hawaii in particular?
>>
Georgia
On the bright side:
No need to get re-finger printed every time you renew your weapon carry permit
Campus carry is now legal
No classes required for carry permit
The state mostly likes people who carry, and you can use your permit in lieu of running a 4473

On the shit side:
Permit required for OC/CC
Campus carry bans carry in dorms (but I'm done with college, so I suppose it doesn't fuck with me)
Not very many places to shoot fun (lots of hunting clubs, a few indoor ranges, and a few DNR ranges. The rest are private clubs, and those are few and far between)
>>
>>34610175
Florida sucks swamp ass in general. Our guns laws are meh
>>
>>34610926
We need to legalize SBRs and SBSs, get Constitutional Carry, and make it so courthouses can't disarm you when you enter here.
>>
>>34610175
Michigan is pretty based, but we can't have SBRs, and it's very difficult to get a class III. On the plus side, the senate is considering a bill to allow concealed carry without a permit.
>>
>>34610175
Iowa. No SBS,SBR,etc but I can get a ccw without ever touching or owning a handgun.
>>
>New Mexico

pretty based gun laws (or lack of i should say)
>>
>>34610175
Russia.
People have no right to own pistols and can't buy a rifle without having a 5-year experience of using a shotgun
>>
>>34610175
Missouri. Only federal rules and ban on campus carry remain. Surprise nothing bad happened with open carry and constitutional carry. Maybe campuses will be freed soon
>>
>>34613711
>but I can get a ccw without ever touching or owning a handgun.

Haha, brother, I literally did that in Virginia. Just took the online class.
>>
>>34610175
NJ things I like
>...
>......
>.........

Things I don't like
>Mag limits
>Banned firearm list
>No carry
>No C&R
>Assault weapon ban
>FPID card system that takes months to get paperwork back
>Permit to buy a pistol, that you need a permit per pistol. Also takes months to get paperwork back
>"Confiscate Confiscate Confiscate" A quote of Weinstein (one of NJ most anti-gun politicians).
>I was not exaggerating there. That was a hot mic incident during a discussion on guns.
>Only a matter of time till Phil Murphy becomes governor and makes Jersey the worst sate possible.
>>
File: german nationalism on the rise.jpg (260KB, 1401x877px) Image search: [Google]
german nationalism on the rise.jpg
260KB, 1401x877px
Lets be real for a second here.

I live in Germany and I fully intend to save money as soon as I get into college. My dad supports me on the tilities and the month-to-month living. You're legally allowed to make up to 9000€ a year without incurring taxes over here. I'll do that for every year I spend in Uni and will be at roundabout 35000€ in the bank after I get my bachelor.

With the current loan situation over here due to the CEB, it's real fucking easy to get a loan at ridiculously low ppas. I intend to use that money as my 20% to get a loan so I can buy land and build a house in the Americas. Semi-off-grid, I want internet but I am studing electrical engineering, i'd like to install my own solar and well.

I was planning to go to New Hampshire. Does anybody here live there and can help me find some good plot of land, or give me some more local-based info about the area?

I'm trying to follow Based Ian's Get Rich Slow plan.
>>
>>34610175
RIfag
>1 week waiting period
Sucks but im a patient man, i can deal
>Ccw almost impossible to get
When i get my va ccl ill be able to carry in most states except my home state reeeeeeeee
>Suppressors illegal
*Autistic screeching*
>>
Based Missouri checking in, no campus carry, but besides that no regulations besides federally mandated ones.
>>
>>34613988
You're not welcome here.
>>
File: vince smells the cash money.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
vince smells the cash money.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>34614010
I'm afraid I am
Your country loves itself some German engineers
>>
PA is pretty alright
>>
File: MAH SAINT ARNOLD BEER.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MAH SAINT ARNOLD BEER.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>34611407
>College campus carry like Texas
My uni still has signs everywhere saying no CC. Though I'm pretty sure a good amount of students (the commuters from bumfuck rural areas) ignore that. Still, I really hate being in what must be the designated black city in Texas. Can't wait to get my degree and get the fuck out of Beaumont.

Also truck guns.
>>
>>34613988
>as soon as I get into college
Underage out.

I don't want to pop the dreams of some kid and honestly if you have a dream, go for it. The how needs a lot of fine tuning, but it's always good to have a goal.
>>
>>34614024
lmao. you mean Indians that make below living wage. do some research on cost of living in NH and get back to us kraut cuck.

the only good STEM jobs here are the ones that require a security clearance that only natives can get. poos fucked the market.
>>
>>34614024
Only the faggots, which makes sense because Germany is 95% faggot
>>
>>34614053
>Underage
It's my second try, sadly. There's a reason I say college and not university; the one I landed in before had too much of a party scene for me to handle so I spent the entire first semester drunk and got kicked out for failing too many classes.

>>34614058
The one I'm going to literally pipelines the students to a town in the midwest with a Mercedes factory in it and scatters them from there; German colleges make having a foreign semester or two mandatory.
>>
>>34614024
What, are you talking about the meme? No company is hiring engineers from Germany when they can just hire Americans. You're not Indians who'll work for below minimum wage.
>>
>>34613879
Don't say this I want hope

I'll move to another state only if I have to
>>
>>34614133
What is worth staying in NJ for? It's an expensive, jackboot hellhole full of retards who hate anything fun.
>>
>>34610175
no hunting with rifles below a certain line
>my house is an hour south from said line

fuck ass I just want to go camp innawoods and goof off with a rifle on my own property.
>>
>Kentucky

No constitutional carry, NRA-approved training class before being able to apply for a CCW permit.

Fuck man, I wish my family hadn't moved out of Missouri.
>>
>>34611037
yeah but, do you have to shave your head and wear combat boots to blend in and not get lynched?
>>
Virginia.

It doesn't suck, but we're constantly under threat of becoming the next Maryland or Massachusetts because of that shitstain that is the D.C. Metro area.
>>
File: Grief.png (56KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
Grief.png
56KB, 450x333px
>>34614233
I'm at a bit of an impasse between freedom and job opportunities/proximity to friends/family
>>
I'm happy with gun laws in Montana, we even have the stand your ground law.
>>
>>34610566
>>34611003
I live near the Wyoming border. I get my mags from there.

<3 Guy who buys 30rd mags and sells them at a high price at gun shows and people actually buy them while I profit 70%
>>
File: belgium.png (13KB, 326x269px) Image search: [Google]
belgium.png
13KB, 326x269px
Belgian:
I hate the suppressor ban we have.
I loathe the mag cap restrictions. 30 rounds for centerfire rifle, 40 rounds for rimfire rifle, 20 rounds for pistols, 10 rounds for bolt guns. Cuz a 30 rounder in a bolt gun clearly makes it more dangerous, I guess?

The most laughable piece of legislation we have is a ban, by name, of 5.7x28mm. I can get 9x19, .223Rem, .308Win, hell, even .50BMG. But 5.7x28 is an evil copkiller round that's too dangerous for civilian ownership.

Anyway, there may be some more shitty changes on the horizon due to the new EU guidelines. They may change max mag cap on rifles to 10 rounds. That'd suck.

We currently are also able to own full autos converted to semi. That also may change.
>>
File: Map_of_USA_MN.svg.png (182KB, 1280x832px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_USA_MN.svg.png
182KB, 1280x832px
Great, not perfect though.

Pros:
>NF-A-O-K
>shall-issue, though not Constitutional which is technically a con in this day
>Pretty pro-gun despite being a blue state
>Lots of land to shoot on
>No storage laws
>No additional restrictions except for-

Cons:
>-CCW needed for any pistol carry except on/in property
>$80 CCW permit
>Permit to Purchase or CCW needed for ARs and often company mandated for other firearms
>Probably some local restrictions on hunting caliber

All-in-all pretty good. The lack of open outdoor ranges in the surrounding metro counties is annoying.
Most clubs have years-long waiting lists.
>>
>>34610680
You're doin' god's work Brother.
>>
>>34613190
Probably because it's so tiny.

Real life gun owners outside of the major cities in NY and CA don't really follow any of the new gun laws because there's no reason to.
Nobody's going to report your slightly out of regs mag when you're sitting in the middle of the woods in upstate NY or the desert in CA.
>>
File: 1482168781644.png (89KB, 431x503px) Image search: [Google]
1482168781644.png
89KB, 431x503px
>>34614049
Should've gone to a real university like Texas A&M.
Like a quarter of our student body conceal carries.
>>
>>34610175
Idaho is a nice state because there's virtually no laws and only federal ones apply except, you can't keep a gun loaded in your car unless you're carrying it. You can open and conceal carry without a permit but if you have a loaded gun in your trunk/backseat/glove box it's a fucking felony.
>>
>>34615045
>you can't keep a gun loaded in your car unless you're carrying it.
That's a weird law.
Is it only Idaho?
>>
>>34615115
I wouldn't know, I rarely leave the state. But yeah it has to be unloaded stored separate from ammo or disassemble but you could carry it loaded through downtown it's retarded.
>>
>>34613988
Fuck the naysayers, the world is full of people who will tell you that you can't do anything. You damn well can come to america and build a gigantic ranch for relatively cheap and own one hundred guns very realistically. Your plan doesn't sound half bad at all either. Germans are always welcome too.

Can't help you find land, not like it would matter till you graduate because the market could change alot in 4 years. Also know nothing about NH. But I personally know half a dozen people who have immigrated here and are turbo successful.
>>
>>34615217
Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence man, I'll be taking it to heart.
>half a dozen turbo successful immigrants
What did they do right?
>>
File: 65489456156.jpg (10KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
65489456156.jpg
10KB, 205x246px
>>34613879
>mfw more cucked than Commiefornia
>>
>>34611003
I buy magupul pmags from my fun store all the time. They just come in separate packages. Also my first ar came with a 30 rd. pmag from a co manufacturer.
>>
>>34610543
Same here. I want to move to AZ as soon as possible before San Andreas kills us all. My only fear is all the far-left retards going to 'Zona and fucking up their laws and then I'm back where I started.
>>
>>34610175
>Connecticut
Blarg. At least I stocked up before 2012.
>>
>Pro
It's fucking Maine, enough said.

>Con
It won't last forever, Q3 was too close and even though it had a wider split difference than some of the other Qs they still delayed the confirmation because they really wanted it to pass.
>>
>>34613722
Only thing that sucks here is no castle doctrine or stand your ground, and no campus carry either. I'm going to UNM this fall and I want to carry
>>
File: 6-image005.png (8KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
6-image005.png
8KB, 512x480px
>>34610175
>SC
>No rules
>Castle doctrine
>>
NY

>Like
The self defense laws are ... acceptable. Not great but I won't get jailed for defending myself from a legit threat

>Hate
Everything else. Specially the AWB, pistol registration, and that loaded BP guns are legally guns (unlike federally) so I can't use a BP revolver for HD without a pistol permit
>>
>>34610269
Process to buy supressors is silly. Otherwise I agree, AZbro
>>
Indiana is pretty good, but I find it funny as hell I can carry around a loaded rifle in any way that I please but a handgun requires a license.
>>
>>34610175
I live in WA. The gunlaws here are actually pretty good.

One thing I would change is there's a 2 week wait to get a handgun because they do a background check through the police department. If you have a Concealed Carry permit then you don't have to wait though.

I was surprised that the 2 week thing isn't in all states.
>>
>>34613988
>Wanting to live in NH
Joking aside, why do you want to live there?
I recommend Texas for the German bro, Land is always for sale, plenty of German towns with some people that even speak German. Plus you can do all of what you typed without living next to them damned Yankees
>>
>>34610175
How much worse are the PA gun laws compared to Florida? Are they the same? or even better?
>>
Gun culture isn't extreme in the South, it's normalized.

>NC
Pistol purchase permit, universal carry taking forever to pass. OC is common here since 2012 so most of the state is already fine with it. The New England transplants and tourists are bitchy about it but fuck'em.

>>34615946
no open carry is a big rule.
>>
>>34616613
Free State Project for the most part. Extremely libertarian laws as the other part.

Though to be honest, the heavy industry in Texas does draw me in a lot as an engineering type.

And as an aside, nobody, and I mean nobody outside of the Americas knows what it is. Europeans like me know New York because obviously, DC because of the same reason, Texas for being outrageously American, California because of Arnold and other movies, Florida because of CSI Miami and just maybe Alaska for being 'the cold one'; chances if Hawaii is actually recognised as American is 50/50. Flyover country and the tiny states at the east coast are a complete fucking mystery. I'm imagining me coming home to tell me mum about my sick new solar farm in the middle of Libertarian Donbass and she'd be like
>new whatshire? Is this in Britain son?
>>
File: mydisgustnew.jpg (25KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mydisgustnew.jpg
25KB, 800x600px
>>34610175
New York

Pros:
>not as bad as Cali, NJ, Mass. or Europe

Cons:
>SAFE Act
>Pistol permits
>once you have a permit you still have to drive all over the place and jump through hoops to get pistols
>no FFLs like dealing with bare receivers, even for ARs
>no NFA items whatsoever
>Mare's legs are considered SBRs
>black powder pistols have to be added to pistol permits
>no online ammo purchases (I know some sites will ship here but I'm way too sketched out to do that)

Sure is great...
>>
Canada here. Only real plus is that we can have guns delivered to our door and nobody gives a shit if you have guns, or at least outside of cities no one cares. Hell, my roommate signed for my sks a few months back and texted me to tell me my gun arrived in the mail. That and cheap milsurp guns like nuggets and sks.

Pretty much everything else is a downside.
>>
File: 1487298057118.png (264KB, 840x876px) Image search: [Google]
1487298057118.png
264KB, 840x876px
>>34615946
>>
>>34616796
>we can have guns delivered to our door
fucking hell. are there any efforts to get this allowed in america? so lame.
>>
>>34616846
Yeah, gotta say I'm surprised that you have to fill out forms and pay ffl fees and shit down there. In Canada you have to attend an eight hour course to make sure we know how guns work and don't shoot ourselves by accident. You send in for your licence then your good to go. Out of curiosity what the hell is the point of the FFL system? What's it supposed to accomplish?
>>
>>34616691
>And as an aside, nobody, and I mean nobody outside of the Americas knows what it is.
No one in the Americas knows about New Hampshire is. It's like me knowing a Mexican state (I do, but that's besides the point). Even in America you will probably find people who don't know what New Hampshire is.

Anyway, stay out, we don't want you.
>>
>>34617072
Having licenses to conduct business in the firearms industry has nothing to do with the inability to mail order firearms across state lines. That came about in 1968 because some stupid president got shot.
>>
>>34617105
of course some commie faggot has to ruin everything like they always do
>>
>>34617072
The government likes to have increased control over any type of commerce that might happen between state lines. It does add an extra layer of accountability and the NICS system isn't horrible since it does catch felons and ensures gun stores aren't liable for selling to criminals.

Private party transfers are legal without an FFL in real states. At least from the perspective of a Californian, states that just have you do the NICS without the extra California BS are as free as I could ever want.
>>
>>34617284
Stay in California.
>>
>>34613698
The fuck are you smoking anon? SBRs have been legal for a few years. We can have all NFA now.

>and it's very difficult to get a class III

Que? You mean NFA? There are no restrictions outside federal law.

>On the plus side, the senate is considering a bill to allow concealed carry without a permit.

The bill kinda sucks though. All it does is remove the language decriminalizing concealed carry without a CPL. So if you don't have a CPL, you can CC, but you'll still have all the restrictions like no carrying anywhere that sells alcohol (no corner stores, grocery stores, etc), no school property, etc.
>>
Here in IN open carry is fine, but you need a permit for conceal carry.
That permit is stupid easy to get tho, so not really angry.
>>
>Texas
>no constitutional carry... yet

I'm still gonna keep an LTC to skip BG checks when buying muh gats, also for out of state CC.
>>
>>34613734
>buy saiga
>use slugs
>>
PA, not bad just 1st class city carry law. Less the issues on the permit side more everyone cries seeing a gun on your hip and try to call the cops thinking they are heros.
>>
>>34617384
That's what we Greeks do. Rifles are prohibited so we buy lots of Saigas and rice out Glocks to get the tacticool fix.
>>
>>34610566
best "castle doctrine" in the country. CO is a strange combination of strict ideals and total insanity

>>34611003
It's too bad online retailers wont ship magazines to the ffls even though they're allowed by law to receive them (and transfer to non-residents)
>foreigners can buy things you can't in your own state
>>
>>34617353
Carrying a handgun in any manner is not legal without a license.
>>
>>34610175
New York

>Pros
Fairly easy to shoot on your own land.
Can CC into a bar, drink myself stupid while CCing, and nobody can stop me.
Upstate is (mostly) very progun.

>Cons
NYC exists and is allowed to be a low unto itself.
Character limit prevents me from filling this out.
>>
>>34616701
ship ammo to an FFL. I buy ammo in bulk and my FLGS charges a $15 fee; consider I at least save a hundred dollars or more buying in bulk that $15 isn't too bad.
>>
NY

>pros
outside NYC, Buffalo, and Albany, getting your CCW is fairly painless
can shoot on your own land, and there's a LOT of wilderness in upstate and western NY

>cons
SAFE Act bans everything. 10rd mag limit, all semi-autos have to be featureless, no NFA items.
pistols with magazines forward of trigger also banned (probably cause of scary AR pistols), meaning I can't get a c96
few online stores will ship ammo to NY residents
constant fear of more bullshit laws

>not /k/ but still a con
NY is one of only two jurisdictions in the entire world that regulates bitcoin. The other being North Korea.
>>
>>34616701
ex-NY here. It's much worse than Cali, and many Euro countries. SAFE is the most restrictive set of gun laws in the country, and no other state makes literally touching a handgun illegal without a permit.

Cali has that shit roster, true, but everything else is better. They even have castle doctrine. I'm not 100%, but pretty sure NY doesn't.
>>
>>34616701
>>no online ammo purchases
This is not true. The SAFE act specifically states that you cannot buy ammo online without a background check once the background check system is in place. But since they haven't built the background check system yet, it is not legally binding.

TargetSportsUSA ships to NY; I just bought 4000rds of .22lr from them.
>>
>>34610175
Colorado
Cons: Mag ban, can't get unfucked mags shipped off web, universal background checks are kind of annoying
Pros: Basically every sheriff in the state said the they don't give a shit about the mag ban and won't enforce it
>>
>>34616796
One major upside is if it's legal to own, it's illegal to import. That's one of the worst things about the US. The antis and NRA both agree on our protectionist import bans so we can't get a lot of cool shit.
>>
>>34617072
PALs are basically a standing background check. If someone has a license, it means they have a clean background and are eligible to own guns.

The US has no gun licenses (for most states), so each new sales requires a separate check.

It's two ways of doing the same thing. The US just has a hate boner for licenses and registration (which a licensing scheme is), so they opt for a less efficient and more costly system.
>>
File: 1911 wp.jpg (443KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1911 wp.jpg
443KB, 1632x1224px
West Virginiafag here. If you go to some of the flea markets you can find auto sears. You get the gun you paid for right then and there. If anything's fishy, they'll come looking for you haha. WV laws are amazing.
>>
>>34617284
>and the NICS system isn't horrible since it does catch felons

Eh, this is arguable since the feds don't actually go after felons who try to buy guns and get caught by NICS. It's a federal crime for them to try, but they still don't enforce it. The felons are free to just walk away and find a gun somewhere else.

Obama's administration was very open about not prosecuting for NICS violations. One of the most valid (IMO) criticisms of his gun control policy was wanting more laws while openly not enforcing the ones we already have.

Has Trump said anything about it yet?
>>
>>34617624
samefagging, but we've had constitutional carry since May as well.
>>
>>34617642
>Has Trump said anything about it yet?
Trump doesn't give a shit about guns.
>>
>>34617669
I'm well aware, but directing the FBI to actually prosecute NICS violations would take minimal effort and at least give the appearance that he cares.
>>
File: 1485341115904.png (305KB, 592x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485341115904.png
305KB, 592x540px
>>34614049
>Designated black city
>Beaumont
>mfw

Bitch, live and work in Dallas and say that again. Then again the black folk here are pretty self aware about how toxic their community is.
>>
>>34617676
I would rather he directed the ATF to leave any intrastate shit completely alone. Let me enjoy my firearms freedom act, goddamn it.
>>
>>34610175
>FL
Pros:
>GOAT Stand your Ground and Castle Laws
>SHALL ISSUE CC, minimal hassle, low cost, renew every 7 years (it's really cheap to renew)
Cons:
>Most counties have a 3 day wait. Due to a high suicide rate during the early 90s. Research showed people need just 4-8 hours to get out of suicidal behavior. This sucks for normal people. It didn't stop Omar Mateen or the Miami Airport shooter. It's useless.
>No guns on college campus, University housing, or Univeristy owned areas. Thank god the Students for Carry organization is getting bigger and can flex its muscle soon.
Misc:
HOG TIME ALL THE TIME. And Gator season.
>>
>>34610175
I fucking hate california. I'm trying for a beretta 92fs or a cz75 b if I can.
>>
>>34617794
I've gotta say, I don't see anything wrong with a 1 day waiting period if the evidence shows that it'll reduce suicides and passionate murder. What are the downsides I haven't considered?
>>
>>34615031
Fuck you and your arrogant ass glorified ROTC program.

But I am jealous of that Campus Carry.
>>
>>34617882
Domestic abuse cases
Impoverished area (random killings... just happen)
One works in a dangerous area

But the main answer is: THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
>>
>>34617882
If someone wants to suicide it's none of your business, really. That'd be my argument.
>>
File: DgBfVKF.jpg (125KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
DgBfVKF.jpg
125KB, 640x478px
>>34610175
I'm a Californian, I have many problems but for brevity's sake we're skipping to number 1, laws regarding pistol grips. I fucking hate these stupid ass fins, I don't own anything that needs a fin job but my buddy owns a ptr-91 and the concept of the fin enrages me via osmosis. The entire point of the fin is to prevent your thumb from wrapping around the grip, like you're some kind of fucking animal that doesn't have opposable thumbs. It's fucking nonsense, it's probably dangerous, and it's the fucking law. It wouldn't be as bad if you could get a cali/ny frankenstock for anything other than an AR, but my buddy has to wait until fire season is over so he can go to his family in the sticks and shoot on a private ranch because you never know if some fudd at a range in Sac is going to narc on you for daring to remove the fin and grip something like a human goddamn being.
>>
>>34617979
Learn CAD, design one, print it ona 3D printer. Fugg da poleez
>>
>>34610223
I'm visiting Ohio right now for a buddy's wedding. Luckily my VA CCW works here, just brushing up on where I can and cannot carry. Can I be in a bar with my CCW and not drink and be OK?
>>
File: PTR-solution-1.jpg (20KB, 1000x238px) Image search: [Google]
PTR-solution-1.jpg
20KB, 1000x238px
>>34617994
That is the plan, I have been trying to design one as a birthday present, but due to issues surrounding thumb-hole stocks I am going to have to get crafty in regards to making sure it doesn't snap.
>>
>>34617905
>Fuck you and your arrogant ass glorified ROTC program.
Hey man, Senior Military Colleges are cool.
>>
>>34610309
Shut up, Faggot. I hate our gun laws. The knife laws are cool though
>>
PA here. Gun laws are pretty lax here. In fact I think we're one of the better states when compared to our neighbors like Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Virginia. Mainly the only thing that bothers me is the shit that bothers everyone else aka class 3 shit.

>tfw you live a short 30-40 min drive away from the largest cabelas
This implies that I like Cabelas though which for the most part I don't because of the crowd that is drawn there.
>>
>>34616654
Like I said in my post are gun laws are really nice. Almost zero fuckery.
>castle doctrine and stand your ground
>no mag regulations
>>
>>34618114
I'm talking about their "Corps of Cadets"
http://corps.tamu.edu/
It's basically just a psuedo-military club on campus. They piss me off cause they act like they're hot shit.
>Be me, at a gumbo cook-out a while back, chatting with an A&M guy, talking about college stuff.
>Happened to be wearing my dad's hand-me-down low quarters, which are old and worn in. >They're comfy and I don't really care if I get dirt on them.
>This guy not only recognized that I was wearing them, but pointed out to me that I should have polished them to a mirror-shine.

Pure fucking autism.

>Now getting back to the thread topic:
I wish Texas didn't have a weird split in age requirement between handguns and long guns. You have to be 21 to get a .22 plinking pistol, but you only have to be 18 to get an AR or a shotgun. Doesn't really affect me anymore, but it bugged me when I was younger.

Is this common in most states? Or is Texas just weird with handguns?
>>
>>34618134
What's the deal with the knife laws?
>>
File: 1465695143501.webm (311KB, 240x426px) Image search: [Google]
1465695143501.webm
311KB, 240x426px
>>34617979
I hate this most of all as well. (well also the 10 round limit).
The fin just fucking destroys the ergonomics of most rifles. The feature ban literally sounds like it was drafted by a fudd.
>>
>>34618020
Yes
>>
>>34616657
I'd say it's a rule of common sense anyway, and you can open carry long guns.
>>
>>34614939
> lots of land to shoot on

Fucking where? Anything close to the twin cities?
>>
>>34615826

The coast is going fuck us on gun laws. Shit sucks. Fucking out of state cunts, we only get uppity liberals and the trashiest of white trash moving up here.
>>
File: mesacomm.jpg (565KB, 1804x1800px) Image search: [Google]
mesacomm.jpg
565KB, 1804x1800px
>>34610269

Utah can carry on campus while we still can't. It's a little annoying.

>pic related
>>
>>34610976

I'm pretty sure you can carry in a restaurant as long as you're not in the bar.

And if you're in a bar and carrying, you can't sit at the bar, only in the "under 21" restaurant section.
>>
Oregon

>No mag limit
>No limit on features
>No banned firearms

Dislike
>21 years old for handgun purchase
>>
File: 1434453976735.jpg (318KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1434453976735.jpg
318KB, 1280x853px
>>34617565
>can't get unfucked mags shipped off web

Badger Mtn. Supply still ships Pmag rebuild kits

>mfw they don't carry my beloved Lancers though
>>
>>34617979
How do you hold this?
>>
>>34610486
Dont move to NH you fuck, we have gotten enough libigrants and shitty drivers from that cesspool.

But yea NH is pretty sweet. Everyone likes guns and we just got the right to carry without a permit, not that any crime ever happens here unless youre in Manchester.
>>
>>34610949
Whereabouts? Epping here
>>
Masshole here, literally the only not shit law is the no duty to retreat, but that only applies when inside your dwelling.

Other than that we have a bunch of fucking awful laws that the AG literally makes up as she pleases, and your ability to get a CC permit depends entirely on how shitty the local chief of police's day has been, and how much of that shitty he wants to spread around.
>>
>>34616691
Dont listen to >>34617086, NH is a great place to live, especially for semi off grid, and you wouldnt even be the first German immigrant ive met. Be respectful and polite and get a job and no one will bat an eye at you. Or, you could go to the desert where the retards hangout in Texas. But do you really want to live in a state where the fags are still mad about the civil war and talk like morons?
>>
>>34623624
Where should I go? The state's pretty big. Hillsborough county seems the most urbanized. Then again, the city I lived in for most of my life over here has 600k inhabitants, so my personal definiton of urbanized may differ from yours.
>>
>>34610175
Wish that PA didn't require a background check for private handgun sales
>>
>>34623655
Most of the states population resides in southeastern NH. However there is a town near me called Nottingham, locals jokingly call it Nothingham. Plenty of long dirt roads with hardly any neighbors, but also close to stores and what not. Other than that id say to look further north or west. Also it gets real fucking cold here, so i hope you like being cozy.
>>
>>34621876
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>34623655
Yea 600K is a massive city as far as I'm concerned, the most populated city here has 110K. Nottingham has 6 or 7 thousand, as do most of the other towns.
>>
>>34623731
>>34623768
>Also it gets real fucking cold here, so i hope you like being cozy.
I sure fucking do, I've been very disappointed with the pussy-ass winters here in Germany for the last few years (globalwarmingsayswhat)
>Nottingham
>in Rockingham
This is the coolest combination of city name and county name I've ever seen. That county cool?

I'm thinking super long term. If I build a house, there's gotta be job chances close for engineering, so factories or such would be optimal. How's the industry there? And schools in the vicinity also, for any eventual crotch-spawn that I'll have ten years down the line.
>>
>>34623914
Rockingham is cool. Manufacturing is a huge part of NH's economy so there should be a job for you. I'm a welder/fabricator and have never been without a job. Just show off that german accent, we think germans are wicked smaht for some reason. Schools vary from great to terrible, just gotta do some research.
>>
>>34624013
> I'm a welder/fabricator
>NH
I want to befriend you
(I done some IG welding but i'm so bad at it sempai)
>>
File: 1497887101179.jpg (57KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497887101179.jpg
57KB, 960x960px
>>34615031
HULLABALOO CANECK CANECK
>>
>>34621958
Nope, everything is at least an hour away. Take a weekend up north and go hiking for a bit.
>>
>>34624013
>>34624321
Seriously, got Discord?
>>
>>34610223
Im just waiting for Ohio to get rid of the stupid straight wall cartridges only for hunting law.

>tfw huntin durr with 357 maggum
>tfw fuddy aught six just hanging on my wall
>>
File: received_252317971930863.gif (58KB, 480x455px) Image search: [Google]
received_252317971930863.gif
58KB, 480x455px
I hate Cuckfornia's gun laws, they have a fucking roster for approved handguns.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.