[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, need advise >want to keep a handgun readily accessible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

/k/, need advise
>want to keep a handgun readily accessible (i.e. won't take ten minutes to unlock) in my bedroom in case of a break in
>want to store it safely and secure from use by others

How do you do both?
On a budget of $0
>>
Bump god dammit
>>
Don't let other people into your bedroom.
>>
>>34604673
>On a budget of $0

Beat your kids or your wife everytime they try to touch your gun I guess.

They'll learn eventually.
>>
>>34604673
On a budget of zero dollars, the only answer is to carry it in your prison wallet.
>>
Keep it out of sight and don't let people into your bedroom. Also don't invite anyone into your home who's so stupid that if they found a firearm they'd play with it.

If children are in your home, or you insist on locking it up anyway: check reviews for a cheap safe on amazon. It will be shitty and easily breakable, but it'll keep out a wandering non-persistent child. Keep that safe next to your bed and the key on your keyring. Before you go to sleep, insert the key into the lock. If you need it at night, you just turn and open.

If you have children, enroll them into the NRA child safety courses.
>>
>>34604673
>budget of $0
Make a holster out of something else you own, keep the gun on your person.
>>
OP here
I feel like its much more practical to keep it loaded and just in a drawer for defence situations but I feel like a shitty gun owner having it just unsecured. If someone hamburgled while I was out, for instance. They could find it and itd be my fault
>>
>>34605383
stuff it in your ass, op. That will keep it safe.
>>
What good is a gun that you leave at home, when you go out?
>>
>>34605461
I'm not sure its a suitable size for an edc. It's a .40 Glock 23. Feel like I should get something more concealable for that purpose
>>
In my state, guns come with a lock.
>>
>>34605461
Having a gun at the house in case something happens while your there... not all of us are cheap niggers like OP and can afford a storage container. I was lucky enough to find mine on the side of the road.
>>
>>34605383
I cheap safe isn't going to do any good. Someone robbing your house will pick up the safe and take it with them to break at home because they know something valuable is in it.

A safe only protects from burglary if it's a 2000lb monstrosity, and the majority of gun owners don't have the money and space to buy that.

The only way to save it from burglary is to EDC it. The next best way is to put it somewhere where a robber won't look (maybe hollow out a large book and keep it under the bed?).
>>
>>34604673
Looks like that highway cop from true detective
>>
>>34605383
keep it behind the drawer then
>>
Thanks, I think I'm going to take that one anons advice and just shove it up my ass. Cheers
>>
>>34604673
You carry it on you, just like I'm doing now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.