[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone think the west is basically incapable of making weapon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Does anyone think the west is basically incapable of making weapon systems of this quality anymore?

Think about the entire atmosphere when these machines were designed and made, there was genuine fear of war with the Soviet Union. The entire system the MIC operated under has always been concerned with how many shekels they can get from tax money, but all those engineers and policy makers had a genuine ideology behind the effort and insight they put into their work.

Thats gone. And military hardware as it seems in the west is solely about farming shekels for military industry connected people and its employees. The overall system will have zero impetus to design things to the superlative nature of weapon systems like the Apache or Abrams.

TLDR its all about making money, probably almost no desire to make weapon systems that actually are the cream of the crop
>>
>>34598563
We don't need to make new ones, we can just keep upgrading what we have for the foreseeable future.
I can't comment on the second bit, economics and Jewish conspiracy never tickled my fancy
>>
>>34598563
f35, Gerald Ford, AMRAAM, LRASM
>>
To add to this: >>34598757
>>34598563
>Think about the entire atmosphere when these machines were designed and made, there was genuine fear of war with the Soviet Union
Also, this is just it, there is no new big enemy that justifies a massive arms procurement: ISIS? lol, Russia? concerning if you live in the Baltics or EE but we can handle them, China? Building up but even their widest dreams procurement systems still deliver far less than what the US is capable of putting out. Also, these machines cost a lot of money. It's not easy to build a new tank every 10 years when you can upgrade your existing ones. Most systems are like that now, they're built with future upgrades in mind from the get go
>>
File: perdix uav swarm.png (328KB, 416x710px) Image search: [Google]
perdix uav swarm.png
328KB, 416x710px
>>34598563
Area Dominator, Perdix, you get the picture

fancy aerial platforms are cool but they are last generation's tech. Good software integrating modern sensors is what wins near-peer wars, not slightly better tanks or planes.
>>
>>34598804
Can't we let ISIS take over the Middle East so we can then procede to crush them in a conventional war and reprogram it Germany-style?
>>
>>34598835
>Can't we let ISIS take over the Middle East so we can then procede to crush them in a conventional war and reprogram it Germany-style?
No, as that would severely inhibit the flow of natural resources that come from that area to literally every part of the planet.
>>
>>34598804
>Building up but even their widest dreams procurement systems still deliver far less than what the US is capable of putting out.
um, mate...
>>
>>34599161
Yeah?
>>
>>34598563
>the west is solely about farming shekels for military industry
This is pretty much state of the art right now. They spent $17 million just to not buy the Glock 19. What is the per unit cost of an F35 at this point? We have pour something like $5 trillion into Iraq and Afghanistan over the last 15 years, we haven't "won", we have lost and broken tens of thousands of Americans, and our military is in the toilet. However, govt contractors have gotten rich and that is all that matters.
>>
I get up everyday to go build state of the art electronic warfare and radar systems. JSF, Eagle, "other" platforms. Worked on it all.

Shit gets me hard.

Stay mad slavboo,chinkshill
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.