[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know shooting is difficult, but you can't deny pre-firearm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1500493938433.webm (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1500493938433.webm
2MB, 500x280px
I know shooting is difficult, but you can't deny pre-firearm battles were not more heroic in the traditional sense.
>>
>>34598073
You know that's a bunch of hollywood bullshit, right? Nobody fought like that, that's retarded.
>>
File: yul.jpg (93KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
yul.jpg
93KB, 480x720px
>>34598073
It is a FALSE lie!
>>
File: plumbatae -thrown.jpg (110KB, 979x500px) Image search: [Google]
plumbatae -thrown.jpg
110KB, 979x500px
Not sure I understand what you're driving at.
Fighting is hardly ever 'heroic,' if that's even a thing in the first place. Traditional sense? Please define that.

You certainly can't have a prolonged fight (one on one) with firearms. Guns are great at equalizing and flattening the skill curve. A peasant can kill a knight with a gun about as easily as the other way around. You can consider melee fights to be the stuff that isn't as clear-cut, sure.
>>
the majority of medieval and ancient history soldiers were killed by being crushed

not exactly heroic
>>
>>34598073
I know it's SCA, and thus faggots larping, but watch any sca pennsic war video for a rough idea of what hand to hand combat was kinda like.
>>
File: 1490283008429.jpg (344KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
1490283008429.jpg
344KB, 1400x933px
I'd rather fight tooth and nail with an enemy I can see and die rather than shooting at bushes 300 meters away.
>>
>>34598144
>the majority of medieval and ancient history soldiers were killed by communicable disease

ftfy. Still think it was heroic op?
>>
File: 1479808536925.jpg (569KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1479808536925.jpg
569KB, 2048x1367px
I'm not even a HEMAfag but that fight scene triggers me.

>constantly lowering your guard
>flailing your arms around like a bunch of noodle-armed troglodytes
>the way they drop their shields constantly

Fuck I hate (((Hollywood))).
>>
>>34598164
And of the battle losses, the great majority happened when one side broke and fled. Or tried to flee rather.
>>
>>34598073
>laughingasiangirls.jpg

Top CODs of early battles:

>disease
>trampling
>being ran through wallowing in the dirt crying for your mother after having been injured earlier
>Hacking some poor SOB a couple times while he's distracted fighting one of your buddies

War isn't and has never been about heroics. It's about winning.
>>
>>34598158
Pitched battles virtually never happened, that's why the historical record has such a hardon for them. Most of a war would consist of large units maneuvering for favorable terrain, while light detachments would throw rocks and shoot arrows at each other.

Most large battles were sieges, which either ended in the besiegers leaving in disgrace, the defenders surrendering, or the attackers assaulting and killing the severely weakened garrison like animals.

War was never heroic, or glorious, or honorable. It was only ever a tool of government, and a poor one at that.
>>
>>34598073
i would have dropped my stick and shield grabbed that preety boys pike pushed him to the ground and bashed his face in one quick movement
>>
>>34598245
Well ain't you a master warrior, being able to see potential openings in Hollywood choreography.
>>
>>34598158
You would die in the dirt, shitting yourself while your guts poured out of your belly. Battles in antiquity were godawful. I would take the trenches of WW1 over being in the crush at Cannae. Brutish work, killing an enemy army.
>>
>>34598164
If I'm going to die for a word, my word's poontang.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.