[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In which war would you had liked to be a pilot who's jumped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: z.jpg (59KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
59KB, 1600x1131px
In which war would you had liked to be a pilot who's jumped out of the plane and it's about to be captured?
>>
emu war
>>
>>34595631
Fpbs
>>
>>34595625
Allied Bomber crew bailing out over switzerland

>tfw america actually rented hotels for the officers in switzerland
>>
Hundred Years' War
>>
Ww2, Europe

The Germans followed pow rules.

Japanese would have beaten, killed, or enslaved you.

Communist Koreans and Vietnamese torture you.

Iraq would have beaten you.

Serbs beaten or killed.

Isis executes you in the most painful manner.
>>
>>34595625
Ww2 Europe
Fighter pilot
>>
WWII, North Africa.
>>
>>34595670
>>34596147
Thirded. The krauts were bastards, but they still obeyed most of the old rules most of the time.
>>
File: 0640603.jpg (421KB, 1300x922px) Image search: [Google]
0640603.jpg
421KB, 1300x922px
World War 1.

You would allmost be treated as an celebrity if you were a high scoring ace.
>>
File: emu war.jpg (20KB, 320x352px) Image search: [Google]
emu war.jpg
20KB, 320x352px
>>34595631
the horrors of war
>>
>>34595625
The War on Drugs
>Coked out of my mind
>>
>>34595625

As a German bailing over Allied lines.

Gets you the fuck away from ending up on the wrong side of the iron curtain.
>>
>>34596236
Gotta go with this guy. Pilots in WW1 were the last gentlemen warriors.
>>
>>34596245
don't you worry, we got those cunts back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Totem
>>
Being a 'Schlander, ejecting over the UK or even somehow becoming one of those Nazi PoWs who were shipped over to the US would be my preferred choice. Something about the American midwest seems extra comfy desu
>>
Allied WWII bailing over Switzerland or Sweden.
Have a friend who is the grandson of an American.
The story goes that while allied bomber crews got interred in Sweden, the guards told the prisoners exactly when the guard exchange was and loudly announced when they went on toilet break.
The guards considered it inhumane to keep a man locked up on Friday because on Fridays there was the barn dance, an event every man had to attend.
Apparently some met their future wife during these dances, or so the story goes.
>>
>>34595668
Someone should make a movie about this.
>>
>>34596230
Depends, some POWs got transferred to concentration camps when things started getting dicey.

This also completely forgets about red army air force and how Germans treated Soviet POWs.
>>
File: Onderduiken-en-verzet-Amsterdam.jpg (124KB, 620x283px) Image search: [Google]
Onderduiken-en-verzet-Amsterdam.jpg
124KB, 620x283px
>>34596230
>>34595670
You do realise that bomber crews were sporadically executed by the German authorities due to the commando order?

Why do you think pilots usually went in hiding with the resistance?
>>
>>34596236
>>34596345

Parachutes were extremely rare during the first world war.

Have fun hitting the ground at terminal velocity.
>>
>>34595668
They did the same over Sweden too. Both germans and allied pilots, sometimes ending up in the same camp.
>>
>>34596360
>nuking your own land just to take revenge
Damn, these emus must be really annoying.
>>
>>34596513

Thats the word; rare. If i bailed out of a plane, i sure would do it with a parachute and rare doesnt mean they didnt exist.
>>
>>34596412
>dramatic opening
>heavily damaged b-24 flying through flak
>the captian asks the navigator of they're there yet
>before the navigator answers, the flak suddenly stops
>thatwentbetterthanexpected.jpeg
>suddenly a Bf-109 with bright swiss crosses pulls up next to the bomber
>i guess we made it
>dramatic landing at dübendorf or whereever
>90mins of the crew being interned in a campand waiting for the war to be over.

This movie would be more fun from the perspective of the swiss
>>
>>34595625
ASW patrol in WW2 bailing over Ireland.

They'd have to build a special camp just for you.
>>
>>34596485
You think it's maybe because they'd rather not be in a POW camp?
>>
>>34596485
it is still your best chance. other than being a pilot captured by the anglos.

now I would want to be a German pilot captured over england and sent to an american POW camp.
>three solid meals a day
>decent barracks
>medical care
>mail
>get to go off the prison camp to occupy my self with honest labor. which I get paid for.
>have things to spend that money on.
>after the war. I can just tell the americans I want to stay. settling with a nice american haus frau and enjoy economic prosperity and freedom. instead of going to germany and suffering.
>>
>>34597102
>>34596412
Key word being officers. Enlisted men were enslaved if they weren't shot down and killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wauwilermoos_internment_camp
>>
>>34597560
All American airmen were officers.
>>
File: hunt.jpg (236KB, 1600x1259px) Image search: [Google]
hunt.jpg
236KB, 1600x1259px
Any war that didnt involve muslims of gooks those people are fuking savages.
>>
>>34595670
Depending on how ISIS does it it may or may not hurt that much, the thing is they will prolly put it on liveleak so your death will be watched over and over by 12 year olds around the world.
Thats true pain.
>>
File: pepper.jpg (294KB, 1312x1633px) Image search: [Google]
pepper.jpg
294KB, 1312x1633px
>>34597572
Are you retarded? Not only were there aircrewmen that were enlisted, like there still are in limited capacities, but the Army was so desperate they had enlisted pilots.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/196406/1941-1945-world-war-ii-sergeant-pilots/
>>
>>34597289
That would be a good movie
>>
>>34596485

This. One hundred times this.

My grandfather was a navigator on a B-17 that was shot down over Germany technically. But the bird was holding to the sky barely and despite my grandathers advice to hold on a couple more minutes to get over Denmark. Everyone but him and a gunner ditched, him and that gunner managed to keep it wings level long enough to cross the border and ditch.

Him and that gunner ditched everything they had on them on landing, and before they realized it the farmer whose field they landed in had driven out, picked them up and put them in civvies and delivered them to the underground.

The underground was going to let the gunner fend for himself since the Allies wouldn't pay for enlisted but offered a large sum for officers. Probably a pretty ballsy thing to do, but my grandfather said it was both of them or neither and he'd turn himself in. Greed won out and they agreed to help the gunner get to safety as well and the two spent a few weeks crossing denmark on bicycle, acting like a pair of deaf mutes eating sandwiches and other finger foods exclusively until they got to safety.
>>
>>34597694

Forgot to mention. The rest of the crew was never heard from again. Chances are they were shot on sight.
>>
>>34597694
>bicycling across denmark with sandwiches
better than the life i have now
>>
>>34597560
Wauwilermoos was reserved for the ones that tried to escape. The others were treated good

And we certainly did not shoot POWs, we invented the fucking geneva convention
>>
File: reece.jpg (29KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
reece.jpg
29KB, 600x494px
>>34595625
Napoleonic war.
>you can't jump out of your plane if you don't have one
>>
>>34596923
Essentially no one had parachutes. You better hope you jumped out of the plane after you crash landed it.

>>34595625
If I was an Iraqi I would want to bail out in the First Gulf War over a British controlled area.
Probably get pretty decent POW treatment and no longer have to work for Saddam.
>>
>>34596923

It would not have been a matter that you just decide to wear a parachute, but if you would be actually allowed to wear one. In addition cockpits were not really designed with parachute in mind, hence they typically had no room for parachute. The Germans were the first to issue parachutes to their pilots - in year 1918 and the failure rate of parachutes that they issued was such that about one third failed.
>>
WWI, they tended to treat enemy prisoners, especially officers with chivalry.
>>
Anglo pilot over north africa since italian treated prisoner well
>>
>>34596412
Sounds kind of boring. Like it would be a movie with a dramatic opening, then the rest of it is just some american guys living it up in switzerland and fucking chicks.
>>
>>34595670
Didn't the Nazis genocide all the people in their concentration camps, though?
>>
>>34595670
>Isis executes you in the most painful manner.

Sometimes they just blow you up or headshot you.
>>
>>34599963
Hop on a plane then, the weather's nice right now.
>>
File: Lt-FranzVonWerra-and-Simba.jpg (105KB, 1000x543px) Image search: [Google]
Lt-FranzVonWerra-and-Simba.jpg
105KB, 1000x543px
WW2, so you can see america.
>>
>>34597560

Prison for interned soldiers that had not followed terms of internment in previous location and escaped.

Quite interesting example.
>For instance, the American airman Sergeant Daniel L. Culler was one of the first USAAF airmen and was sent to Wauwilermoos in June 1944. His B-24 was piloted by Lt. George B. Telford and landed at the Dübendorf airfield on 18 March 1944. On 12 May of that year Culler, the B-24's tail gunner Howard Melson and the British soldier Matthew Thirlaway had slipped away from Adelboden, where they were interned
>Culler's good clothes were confiscated by Béguin in return to "old dirty rags." Sent to barracks 9, Culler was repeatedly raped by internees from Eastern Europe. He reported to the camp commandant André Béguin and some of the guards, who laughed and sent him back.

Kek. Escape and get punished for it. Also, Poles behaving like good winged hussars.

>Enlisted men were enslaved if they weren't shot down and killed.

Internees and POW's have same rights and duties. Forced labor is something that is allowed under treaties for enliste
>>
>>34603026
Bailing pilots, western ones at least, wouldn't usually have gone to such concentration camps.
>>
>>34603026
Concentration camps =/= PoW camps. So long as you weren't a soviet the Germans were very good about following international law. Reasonable care, some medical support for wounded, and a non-starvation diet could be expected until the last year of the war, at which time they were losing ground so fast that the upkeep of PoW camps didn't really matter anymore. Things were different for captured communists, though. Executions were commonplace. Camps for the soviets were basically just guarded prisons where they kept them locked up until they starved to death.
>>
>>34595625
American Revolution

Land kill some Brits, and go fight along side George mother fucking Washington wielding an m9 and a cavalry sabre.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.