[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to read some nice things, /k/ What was it that got you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

I want to read some nice things, /k/
What was it that got you into firearms in the first place?
>>
>>34595321
Dad. He's a police officer and took me shooting for my 11th birthday. I really got interested in them while learning about war and military history.
>>
>>34595321

being raised in commiefornia, anti gun folks and realizing how shit their lives are and what they've given up.
>>
alex jones
>>
Video games, and an interest in mechanical things.
>>
>>34595321
Subtle teenage rebellion against my liberal parents.

I was bored, asking why exactly they hated guns, then started looking around and why people supported gun rights. I eventually found my way to /k/ and I've never been the same.
>>
>>34595321
The primary factor for me was growing up as an only child in a remote location with a computer and internet from age 10 to 18. (Maximum Autism mode)

I guess it was a chain, got into Video games particularly FPS/RTS around early 00's. That got me into WW2. A focus and interest in WW2 lead me to a love of militaria. And here I am today, on a nigerian argricultural printmaking board centered on weapons.

Dad was pretty anti-gun growing up though, he's chill now. Got pissed at me when I got an airsoft as a teenager.

It is to my knowledge/belief that I always grew up without guns in the house, though we never needed them. Grandpa (dad's dad) was/is definitely a /k/ommando though, he's given me a few guns alone.
>>
Built a .22 back in 99' because i was scared as shit the soviets were going to attack during Y2k.

Of course my dad had to tell me the Soviet regime had been dead for a decade. So i was a little deflated. But it was OK, because my dad took me shooting after that
>>
>>34595321
Friend told me he was going to the range every weekend with his dad, didn't know we could actually own guns in my country for something else than hunting.
Want to get into it but i'm lazy and didn't have my driving license back then.

Then Charlie Hebdo happens, i start looking up shooting range in my area, find one pretty close to me. Call a friend who should be interested too and has a car.

I now own a 1911 .22lr pistol (my first gun, i wanted a 1911 but good ones are expensive and i also wanted to be able to shoot as much as i wanted at the range)
I recently got a VZ58 and i'm waiting for the papers to get a L1A1 FAL, a FN GP (Browning HP) and a FN 1922.

Planning on getting an AR15, Skorpion EVO, VEPR12, 1911 and CZ75 or SP1 once i'm out of school and have a steady income

Also planning on stocking up on ammo and gearing up (plate carrier etc)

Belgium btw.
>>
>live in WI
>turn 12, get the traditional gifted gun as every Wisconsinite does when they are old enough to go deer hunting
>inna cabin, durr season
>grandpa has American Rifleman magazines everywhere
>read all of them twice
And here I am.
>>
My dad's a competitive shooter. To the point that I asked him once how many 1911s he had, and he started to speak, but stopped quickly and stared ahead with a puzzled expression, and then said "fuck, I have no idea. We should probably go count them."

So yeah. It wasn't hard for me to get into it. The number was 26, by the way.
>>
>>34595608
Your dad is cool
>>
i needed a hobby
>>
>be 4
>dad notices I'm uncomfortable around action movies
>takes me to his safe
>pulls out his Dakota single-action
>"No need to be scared, son."
>explains how it works a little
>tells me I don't need to fear it, especially if I'm careful
>policemen and soldiers carry guns too, so do good guys, etc.
>oh, ok, thanks dad

>fast-forward a little
>read about guns every chance I get, check out books about war and guns and militaria from my school and public library
>love GI Joes, army men, Nerf, etc.
>hobby grew from there
Just need to get my first gun, then the cycle will be complete.
>>
File: 1476461495254.png (267KB, 1221x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1476461495254.png
267KB, 1221x1203px
>>34595403
>>34595475
pretty similar to these anons, mostly video games probably, probably some movies and tv contributing too, as well as an interest in history (mostly focused on the 20th century, so lots of gats involved) and a huge interest in machinery in general, but especially firearms presumably at least partly because literal autism, admittedly probably a little to rebel against my liberal parents as some people have mentioned
>>
it's actually a funny story
i used to be a bleeding heart liberal back in high school, until one day, we had to have a proper debate for english class
my group got the topic of gun control and my team had to argue against it (pro gun rights)
i was mad at first but the more i did my research, the more i came around to it and ended up being 100% for the right to bear arms.
my team mates remained bluepilled liberals, but at least one person saw the truth of the matter.
the opposing team's arguments were all shit and we won, too
>>
>>34595727
very nice, anon
i can't say my dad was ever like that for me
in fact, both my parents are very anti-violence and anti-gun
but i used to play with nerf guns as a kid and i recently completed the purchase of my first firearm
good luck to you :)
>>
>>34595321
Dad watched action films with me ever since I was 5 I think. Whenever I saw someone get shot I wasn't scarred or terrified, I just wondered "why does this hunk of metal make an explosion that makes a smaller hunk of metal come out of it? Started studying into guns and ever since then, I've been trying to get my hands more and more on them every chance I got. Dad never had the money or time (or the support of my mom) to own a gun. First time I shot anything similar to a gun was one of those laser guns at a Bass Pro Outdoor world shoot'n range. It was fake as fuck but I loved the crap out of it. Ever since then I've always looked for friends at school who had parents with guns or they themselves had air/BB rifles which they'd let me shoot.
I've been working since December 2016. This year I'm buying my first gun.
>>
growing up shooting .22lr, then dads 12 gauge and Sako 30-06 then his 300 winmag. not many pistols but now pop and i are getting into pistols together so the feelz keep coming. when my son is big enough grandpa and I will take him out to shoot that old Marlin 22lr singleshoot i grew up shooting and the cycle will start anew
>>
Grew up shooting them starting at age 8, pistols and rifles. Didn't "get into them" until age 15 when I suddenly wanted to know everything about them. At 18 I bought a shotgun and stayed interested in them for years but never got involved much. Over the last three years I got pretty heavily into all of them again and bought a pistol and new shotgun after some shit happened a few times. Started researching what to buy for the pistol and wound up learning as much as possible for months before picking something. Now I'm addicted and most of my family either owns or is interested in shooting with me. My uncle just moved here and is a huge collector so I've had someone to talk to. My friend also opened a gun shop so I got more exposure to different brands. Sadly I'm moving from an open carry state soon to a permit only location.
>>
Started out from video games and history, after that got into hunting and slightly into presicion shooting via. hunting and internet. Got to shoot my father's Tikka 30-06 and his friend's .308 bolt-action hunting rifle at age 14 at an outdoors range.
>>
I was never around anti-gun people.

And I really enjoyed video-games. I was kinda interested in guns like "oh that's the gun from Call of Duty" or "that's the gun from Goldeneye (p90)."

But I was never serious about it. I was a claims adjuster and started thinking about safety like "wow I've been in a few bad places by myself at night." And then I worked in the theft unit and heard all these stories about break ins and robberies and it was like "yeah, gun rights are important." And so I decided to take some lessons and get my CCL. Moving to the right for unrelated reasons probably helped but I was never "into guns" for more than just "oh that's from videogames" until I started working insurance.
>>
>>34595546
what are the restrictions on guns in Belgium?
>>
>>34595576
WI here as well, also recieved rifle at 12 from grandfather. 30-30 Marlin, what was yours?
>>
>>34595321
>video games, airshit, "real steel"
Some military background in the family probably spurred my interest but I can't remember where it started. I was making rubber band guns, pointed sticks, and bows as far back as I can remember.

Engineering took it much further. Having the muscle memory from airsoft was an advantage.
>>
>>34595321
Grew up in a very blue collar farmer kind of family, guns weren't a hobby, they were a tool for removing pests. Learned to shoot, but it wasn't fun. Like commuting to work, it was just something you did.

Boy Scouts offered me a chance to shoot for fun (Rifle Shooting merit badge? Yes please.) Army introduced me to the finer parts of marksmanship, and combined with an appreciation for hiking and patience, I got to do some pretty cool stuff while in, but didn't really go out of my way to get into guns beyond a professional interest because by my estimation, things stateside (with a few small exceptions) are pretty ridiculously safe.

Got out, did the lazy civilian thing for a while until some folks next road over had a particularly nasty home invasion+theft+kidnapping incident and I decided I needed to be armed, and if armed, you ought to be familiar with your weapon, and that means regular shooting, and if you're going to be doing something regularly, might as well make it fun. I really do enjoy how relaxing it is to hunt steel at range, and having a rifle around again has done wonders for the ptsd anxiety.
>>
>>34597754
Silencers, 5,7×28, mounted lasers and night vision is banned but apart from that we can get anything as long as it's semi auto it just takes a bit of time to get the papers and you have to be part of a club

To be part of a club you need a "clean" criminal record, a paper from your doctor saying you can and in order to be able to own guns you have to pass a theorical test about what you can and cannot do with them + a practical test to show you know how to handle pistols, revolvers and rifles.

You can only shoot your guns in the range of a club, we don't have any SBR stuff like in the us, if you want to add a stock to your pistol nothing is stopping you.
>>
What got me interested in the 1st place? Video games.

What got me to finally purchase a firearm? Seeing my neighborhood deteriorate with crime over the years, combined with me arguing with liberals on why we still need the 2A.
>And being a white female living within a few miles of one of the worst ghettos in the US.
>>
Some sperglord was bragging about a single shot .410 his dad bought him. That annoyed me so I asked my dad to shoot the .22 and 20 gauge in the closet. Lo and behold they were my grandfathers' and he had actually left them to me. My dad encouraged my interest because it was the first non nerd shit I ever showed interest in.
>>
>>34598335
Hot? Single? No penis?
>>
>>34595321
My dad was into guns, so he got me a pistol bb gun when i was but a sprout. Once he saw that i wasn't a complete assfuck with that, he moved me onto an old remington fieldmaster (pump action .22), which I still have today.
He had in his possession a 1927ish (the serial numbers were weird batches so it's hard to know exactly) colt woodsman, which had been his grandfathers gun. I learned to shoot a pistol with that. It was passed on to me, but it's currently with my uncle.
When my dad passed (10ish years ago), I got his 1947 colt 1911. Dope firearm. That's really where I got into gunz at this point. When i was bored i would just strip it and clean/oil it. I still have this gun, but don't shoot it too much anymore.
After i finished grad school i picked up a ruger 556, that i actually really like. Looking forward to a civilian marksman program that i signed up for, which will take place this september near me.
Most recent purchase is a G19. I had seen all the sales this summer with the Shields, and I had my heart set on one. So glad that i decided on the Block tho. Great firearm; i take it to the range at least twice a month to go thru 3-4 boxes. Taking a ccw certification class this weekend.
I only got a chance to go to a range with my dad twice though, that i can remember. Weird i guess because he's pretty much the reason i like gunz. inb4 coolstorybro.jpg.
>>
>>34595321
I have liked guns since I was a kid
>my parents didn't wanna expose me too young to guns
>Would even turn my food into guns
>Parents said fuck it and let me buy toy guns, GI joes, all that shit.

I really have had a passion for them my whole life but never shot with my dad until about 3-4 years ago.
>>
>>34595321
dad was a drill instructor for the Marine Corps, among a bunch of other cool things he did. Taught me about guns and made sure I was safe and proficient with them. Absolutely refused to take me hunting though, gave him nightmares. Had to rely on friends for hunting even though I could outshoot them all
>>
>be a kid growing up in liberal household
>take interest in weapons because preteen rebellion and angry, angry child
>finally get to shoot with airguns in my teens (part of a program my mother encouraged me to join, actually)
>found that I was very fucking good at it, had a natural talent for putting lead pellets into tight groupings
>take an even greater interest in realguns
>go away to summer camp and get to play with realguns for the first time as an older teen
>find that the skills transfer very nicely
>as I get older, take an interest in how politics and the law affect me and the people I care about as well
>realize how crucial 2A is to Americans, their culture and their way of life
>start thinking everywhere should be like that
>wish I had such freedom
And now here I am, envying my neighbors to the south for their freedom. You might not be fully free but you're closer than us.
>>
>>34595321

I always had an interest from vidya, which somehow lead me to 4chan, then /k/ as an underage b&. Eventually I joined the Navy due to some life events, and got to shoot often. I bought a 1953 Garand through CMP as my first own firearm since they made it easy for active service members and ship it to your door. Now im up to 7 firearms after 1.5 years time.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.