[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you go shooting with your gf? My gf is noguns and she's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3419.jpg (42KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3419.jpg
42KB, 480x720px
Do you go shooting with your gf? My gf is noguns and she's expressed interest in going to the range, but I think she's a bit gunshy. How can I make sure she has a good time. Also:
>her grandpa has a bretty good gun collections
>gf has hinted that he's going to give me some of his guns for my birthday
>>
>>34587373
Teach her basic safety and handling so she doesn't have a difficult time. Be near her to support her.
>>
File: IMG_3425.jpg (45KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3425.jpg
45KB, 500x334px
>gf
>>
>Took my persian gf to range
>She holds my 10/22 90s swat style with chicken arms
>Puts the rifle on her elbow instead of shoulder to fire
>instead of aiming up or down she adjusts with her knees
>people start looking nervous and stare
>we leave
>I'm probably on a watchlist
>>
>>34587489
Op here my GF is half Arab I know your feel.
>>
>>34587401

This senpai. Show her how to be safe with guns and she should get enough courage to want to go to the range eventually.

Showing someone that there's a safe way to handle guns is the first step to making someone unfamiliar with them comfortable with them.
>>
>>34587489
All my middle eastern girlfriends loved guns, you fucked up.
>>
>>34587373
My gf used to be antigun and I have slowly converted her to wanting to shoot, asking about different calibers, and going to gun shows with me. I think her original fear has lead to her carefully paying attention to her movements and staying safe. Ive taken other girls shooting and they give a shit about the insta and looking cool.
>>
>>34587542
It was her first time shooting. She was nervous, its obviously more of an american cultural thing.

But she wants to try it again.
>>
>>34587489
I see posts like yours all the time, do people normally just hand their guns over to people without doing over the basic of operations and safety for a few minutes?

Not to say I'm not free of all guilt. The first time I took my hyper-lib gf to shoot I went over every essential I could think of, but I had gotten so used to the idea of how sights work that I only told her to "line up the sights over the target." Turns out he didn't even know what the sights were and was just kinda eyeballing it.
>>
>>34587373
i'd let her rack my slide
>>
>>34588316
I went over it before yes and demonstrated. I think she was very nervous.
>>
>>34587373
Just explain in plain detail why you practice so much, I put it to mine that it was a necessity to practice and keep proficiency up with it.

It helped that she was never quite anti fun, but it's taken awhile to get her to go to a range quasi regularly.
>>
My last girlfriend really wanted to go shooting with me. She used to shoot with the support team from her old job. But every time I planned a trip to go shooting it conflicted with something else she'd scheduled for us, like concerts or something. Then we broke up.

As an aside, every Filipino-American chick I've talked to loved shooting. Weird.
>>
>How can I make sure she has a good time.
Let me take her.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.