[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here know how to make radioactive grenades? Is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Does anyone here know how to make radioactive grenades?

Is the concept possible?

>Thermite that vaporizes isotopes
>HE with cesium flakes, etc.
>or handheld nuclear device/neutron device
>>
>>34581091
I don't know how you would do it other than take how a fission bomb works and scaling it down
>>
>>34581091
Hello Mr. AT-.......
>no, this is something greater, more evil, more sinister...
>>
File: 1497932444250.jpg (54KB, 638x287px) Image search: [Google]
1497932444250.jpg
54KB, 638x287px
>>34581091
>>
>>34581091
OP Here.

No, I will not kill anyone.

I just literally wonder if thermite can vaporize radioactive stuff and get it airborne or if a non-nuclear radioactive explosive has been made.
>>
>>34581091
There is only a certain amount that fissible material can be scaled down for a critical reaction. Any smaller than a few kilotons, and you're just over-engineering a really sophisticated dirty bomb.
>>
>>34581264
This. Do handheld dirty bombs exist?
>>
>>34581272
Not really
>>
File: 1482619913166.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1482619913166.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>34581091
>>
Google your own shit. Win stupid prizes.

There have been enough mishaps to make guesses from. That, and that guy who got dosed with Polonium. No, not Litvinienko, I'm talking about Arafat. You would need a nuclear reactor to make that though... or maybe some really thin Beryllium and some kind of household electron beam... ... could probably save some steps by just buying a stupid quantity of ... ... nah, never mind. You'd be lucky to make it to prison if you tried any of that stuff.

I love that story about the Japanese plutonium processing plant that was behind scheduled and the engineered plumbing wouldn't let them take shortcuts. So they started mixing batches of chemicals in buckets.
>>
File: 9873cPi.jpg (35KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
9873cPi.jpg
35KB, 374x503px
>>34581091
Salam-akheim my fellow terrorist! Meet me at my van at your local street corner so I can personally hand you my handwritten super-secret dirty bomb schematics!
>>
Really?

So edgy. I want to understand the concept not plan some terrorist actions.
>>
>>34581091
As usual anon overthinks it.
Step 1: raid dentist office for lead aprons so you die at a later date as well as the radiation source from the x-ray machine. I suggest full CBN gear but take it at your own pace.
Step 2: Make a normal bomb.
Step 3: radiation source goes in bomb
Congratulations, you've made a dirty bomb.
Somewhat off-topic: i wonder how many bannanas and how much explosives would be required to construct a bannana-based dirty bomb.
>>
>>34581477
Eh, there have been plenty of nuclear accidents. You could read up on them a bit and try to imagine how you could react to exposure. That abandoned medical facility in Brazil is about as bad as it gets. The facility was in foreclosure so nobody could go in to secure the radiation source. Scrap metal thieves let themselves in anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident

I used to have an old can of skin decontaminant. Stuff was like shaving cream. I want to get some phosphorescent powder all over my hands then see how effective shaving cream is.
>>
>>34581515
I want to take a scintillation detector into a cigar store to see if I can tell which cigars came from farms that were never fertilized with uranium tailings.
>>
>break into hospital
>find Xray machine
>steal -------
>fill pipe with explosives place spacer in the middle insert --------
>leave in crowded place
>try and hide from CIA SOG who will be hunting you down to kill your ass for the worst terrorist attack since 9/11(no joke)
>>
>>34581272
They could, but they'd be ten different types of fucking stupid. Like, "makes the M28 Davey Crockett look like a weapon of tactical genius" stupid.
>>
>>34581218

this.

it's not actually critical "mass" per se, it's actually critical density. the device would have to be mostly high tensile steel, a fair ratio of high explosives and a teeny bit of plutonium.

good luck with the neutron mirrors.

and if you're going that far, you might as well make a stick grenade and add some fusion fuel while you're at it.

>"educational purposes only"
>>
Inverse cube function you stupid nigger.

If you scale down a nuke, it'll either be uselessly weak, but expensive, or if you double the uranium in it, it'll be so powerful you would never be able to throw it beyond the kill zone you're in.
>>
What you would want is something better suited for assassination. Only an extremely high amount of rads would be able to debilitate someone within an hour and I'm not totally sure you could carry/throw it without getting exposed yourself.
>>
>>34581642
It might cause a big media shitstorm since since ohhh nuclear scary but I'm doubtful how effective anything remotely handheld would be.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.